Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 22740 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #60
Unless of course a succession plan with Teague as the heir to any senior coach has already been agreed on...and that's not without some merit.

A lot on here wanted Teague over a decade ago, and then again when MM got the job some wanted Worsfold and Teague or Worsfold or Teague!

But it's way too early to call, Cripps honored BB after the win, you can't write that off no matter who you favour!

I think the rumors of a done deal are very highly likely, and I suspect Teague needs 6 or 7 wins to even have a chance!

Will our club want 6 or 7 wins?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
What's that saying about winners, losers, fathers and orphans?

Why would Judd throw a rock at previously appointing a rookie coach, when he was one of the officials doing the appointing?

Anyway, that feels like his Buckley moment of the week, or perhaps it's just some journalistic mischief!

It's also a confession!

Where does that leave Teague, Voss, Ratten, Caracella or Camporeale?

Teague has the inside running being the incumbent. I'm guessing any assistant will want to be very experienced.

Ratten isn't on training wheels after 5 years here, and Campo had a terrific 11 games coaching at Adelaide under rotten circumstances.

Reply #62
Who was better today, SPS or Fisher?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
A lot on here wanted Teague over a decade ago, and then again when MM got the job some wanted Worsfold and Teague or Worsfold or Teague!

But it's way too early to call, Cripps honored BB after the win, you can't write that off no matter who you favour!

I think the rumors of a done deal are very highly likely, and I suspect Teague needs 6 or 7 wins to even have a chance!

Will our club want 6 or 7 wins?

My oath they will. No point trying to win less given we've swapped draft picks. I'm all for winning the last 10 and playing finals...hahaha!

Reply #64
My oath they will. No point trying to win less given we've swapped draft picks. I'm all for winning the last 10 and playing finals...hahaha!

The pick is irrelevant, Stocker is a player in hand not speculative media beat up! Next years No.1 could be the next Jack Watts or Paddy McCartin!

We picked up Cripps at 13!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
Well done blues, an extraordinary game from Cripps and well played by weitering, Walsh, end curniw . casboult and March bank did nicely down back.

17th here we come

Reply #66
Those Fitzroy throwback jumpers are the epitome of retro chic. Those collars are fab.

Reply #67
Normally i'm not big on the tapout count as people know but Kreuzer was outstanding there during the 3rd qtr. Just got everything out of the centre.

Reply #68
You can take Fitzroy out of Melbourne but you can't take the Fitzroy out of Brisbane.

Reply #69
Be interesting if Teague wins enough games to put him in the frame for the job but MLG and friends have done a deal
with another bigger name coach as of now....

you reckon a deal's done then?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #70
You can take Fitzroy out of Melbourne but you can't take the Fitzroy out of Brisbane.

ROFL.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
Be interesting if Teague wins enough games to put him in the frame for the job but MLG and friends have done a deal
with another bigger name coach as of now....

The Sydney Dilemma:  Wallace and Roos revisited!!

Reply #72
Ha, well whaddya’ know.

Teague! Walsh! Cripps!

No time for point scoring? But that’s the sweetest plum! So i’d like to send a cheerio to G. Whateley who was scornful at the decision to change coaches and muttered at quarter time that the plain truth is Carlton are awful.
Did Gerald really say that? Sometimes he says stuff that makes me want plant one on that crooked beak of his....the scorn he has for the Blues is palpable >:(

Reply #73
Pretty obvious a few posters have cracked a can or two given the win.  I know I have.

Almost forgotten what a refreshing change it is to listen to a winning coach attend a press conference.

If the guys don't take some heart out of that, they never will.

DT is most definitely in the picture for senior coach if he keeps that up.

Cripps?  Far and away the best player in the comp.  We should throw everything at him to retain him on the list.  Not only a great player but a leader with no compare in today's game

Reply #74
Nothing like a bit of tagging to take the No 1 opposition player out of the game.....and play to your own players strengths.
Yep, finally played him as a tagger on the oppositions best play maker....so f.....g obvious...but Bolts wouldn't do it this year for some reason ::)