Skip to main content
Topic: What are the three you're looking forward to? (Read 8478 times) previous topic - next topic

What are the three you're looking forward to?

We've won the Ashes, Christmas is almost upon us and when we all wake up from our News Years stupor the AFL season will be upon us.

Which three games are the ones you will be waiting for with baited breath and why?

1. Round 3 v Essendon - We owe these pricks, the juice should of worn off by now and our added run will make them look even slower. No forwards and hopefully their "gun recruit" will be nursing a hamstring by then in Chapman. We need to make these guys finish bottom 6 to make their draft penalties hurt even more.

2. Round 7 v Collingwood - I'm sick of listening to the uneducated and unwashed Collingwood supporters bleating on about us wanting to be Collingwood. The truth is that all these players, officials and coaches wanted to leave Collingwood and come to the best club in Carlton.

3. Round 13 v Hawthorn - No more excuses, their midfield is older, no Franklin and a suspect backline, we will see if Lake reverts back to his old ways now he is comfortable. If we are serious about being a serious finals team we must beat these guys. Finally got them on the MCG this is the year.

Re: What are the three you're looking forward to?

Reply #1
You've killed your own thread Ray! I agree 100% with the Richmond game in round 1 also holding some significance. They'll have been waiting 6 months to play us again and will throw everything at us. If we can overcome that it will build some serious early belief and momentum IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
You've killed your own thread Ray! I agree 100% with the Richmond game in round 1 also holding some significance. They'll have been waiting 6 months to play us again and will throw everything at us. If we can overcome that it will build some serious early belief and momentum IMO.

I think we play Port Adelaide in Round 1 ???

Reply #3
1. Hawthorn V Geelong - I defy anyone to name me a better match-up of sides in the modern day that fight out close and exciting encounters every time they meet. I look forward to these every year. 

2. Carlton V Richmond -  Always great to beat them.

3. Grand Final - Always a great day.

Reply #4
1. Semi Final
2. Preliminary Final
3. Grand Final.

;)

Reply #5
Essendon, Collingwood, Hawthorn followed by Geelong, Sydney and Fremantle to see exactly where our side is at. Win 4 of these 6 and I will be a very happy chappy. ;)

Mind you those mentioning a Semi Final, Preliminary Final and a Grand Final have a great point too. Lets hope for all of these if it is possible. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
I felt more than any other team, Freo made is look second rate. We had fair dinkum no idea what to do against them, so I look forward to see how we do there.

Sydney game was also bad but a brain explosion on that occasion wasn't exactly unexpected by our group.

Reply #7

What do they say about assumption? It makes an 'ass out of u and me'......or in this case just me! lol
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8

What do they say about assumption? It makes an 'ass out of u and me'......or in this case just me! lol

Moot point anyway about when we play the Tiges. They'll be fired up to give us payback....though I suppose it's just like any other time then.  ;D

Reply #10
Beating Essendon in the home and away rounds twice and then knocking them out of the finals...thats job done and almost as a good as playing in a GF IMO....

Reply #11
1. Smash the Hawks
2. Smash the Hawks.
3. Smash the Hawks.
 8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
1. Smash the Hawks
2. Smash the Hawks.
3. Smash the Hawks.
 8)

It's possible !!

1. Round 13 (?)
2. 1st week of finals
3. Grand Final !!!!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!