Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #30
B : TBA, Jamison, TBA
HB : Yarran, Henderson, Tuohy 
C : Murphy, TBA, Simpson
HF : Menzel, TBA, Walker
F :  TBA, TBA, Everitt   
R : Kreuzer, TBA, TBA
I/C : Curnow, TBA, TBA, TBA

Here is an outline of what we have at our disposal that is capable of matching it with the others. Quite clearly it shows why we are going to struggle for another couple of years too - way too many gaping holes.

Yes, we have a couple of up & coming players but they are not there yet plus we have a lot of guys who are solid NB players but only back-up fodder in the seniors.

Thomas, Garlett and Gibbs are a bit stiff there.

Reply #31
B : TBA, Jamison, TBA
HB : Yarran, Henderson, Tuohy 
C : Murphy, TBA, Simpson
HF : Menzel, TBA, Walker
F :  TBA, TBA, Everitt   
R : Kreuzer, TBA, TBA
I/C : Curnow, TBA, TBA, TBA

Here is an outline of what we have at our disposal that is capable of matching it with the others. Quite clearly it shows why we are going to struggle for another couple of years too - way too many gaping holes.

Yes, we have a couple of up & coming players but they are not there yet plus we have a lot of guys who are solid NB players but only back-up fodder in the seniors.

Thomas, Garlett and Gibbs are a bit stiff there.
I thought C Wood would be a certainty. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #32
Have no idea what to expect at the selection table but one thing is for sure Menzel has to play whole games for mine. It is laughable that he is made sub when he is already a better footballer than half the players in the 22 let alone the whole list. Good skills, game sense, tackles hard and cracks in. He is one of the few shining lights we have.

If Mick really had any he would make a statement and make some of the more established players sub to send a message, but it just shows how desperate we are to get wins.

Reply #33
Surely Garlett gets the vest if he keeps his spot. Give Menzel a decent run an it.

Would've loved Betts up front instead of Thomas. Looks like we'll be waiting a little to see the best of Daisy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #34
Surely Garlett gets the vest if he keeps his spot. Give Menzel a decent run an it.

Would've loved Betts up front instead of Thomas. Looks like we'll be waiting a little to see the best of Daisy.
;)
Daisy did well he just couldn't convert. (The pressure of kicking goals wearing blue)
If he had kicked those majors we would be having a different conversation.

Reply #35

I would be giving it to Garlett as well Carrots. Although he still has to do more I thought Daisy went alright given how much footy he has missed, his kicking I agree was shizen.

Reply #36

I would be giving it to Garlett as well Carrots. Although he still has to do more I thought Daisy went alright given how much footy he has missed, his kicking I agree was shizen.

Daisy did more than Franklin in his debut.

Reply #37

And for less money! ;D

Reply #38

Daisy another victim of jelly legs.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #39
What these blokes have taught me is Richmond will respond, our blokes won't. Richmond by plenty.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #40
What these blokes have taught me is Richmond will respond, our blokes won't. Richmond by plenty.

Since when have Richmond responded to a bad loss? They had a chance last year to respond from the round 21 loss to us a few weeks later and couldn't do that.

Reply #41
Blues by 49 goals.

Tigers are screwED!!!!!!!!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #42

Daisy another victim of jelly legs.

Not true he has always been an awful set shot at goal. He is the type of player that will be running into goal directly in front and angle his body sideways to snap the goal. He's just not a confident drop punt shot at goal. He makes up for it with other strengths that I'm sure we'll see as he gets more gametime ie he can show Murph how to make a bee-line at the ball put his head over it and come away with it. He does that very well

Richmond have beaten Hawthorn twice and Sydney in the past two years. When was the last time we did that? Yeah we can respond, for about 25 minutes, then we'll just give it up again. Pathetic heartless lot.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43
Richmond have also lost 3 out of their 4 encounters with the Gold Coast and what is it now? 11 of the last 12 against us?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44
I reckon putting this game on a Thursday night in rd 2 after both sides lost round 1 might cost the AFL about 20,000 fans.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!