Skip to main content
Topic: Stand Up For Yourself & Your Mates ...... (Read 31070 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stand Up For Yourself & Your Mates ......

Reply #30
That effort from Curnow pretty much summed up our night.

Scotland is the only bloke that goes every time, no questions asked.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
could turn a games on his own boot, even on bad days he come out in a single Q and change the outcome. None of this bullshiit missing shots for goal from 10 to 25m

We sort of took it for granted that after he left goal kicking would slide a bit, it made us a bit tolerant.

But seriously our goal kicking is a joke now, who is our goal kicking coach, Warnock?

Even my wife thinks they can't kick and she knows SFA about footy.

Funny about that...Mrs Elwood who knows SFA about footy as well came into the rumpus room to see what all the yelling was about.....and noticed Yarran streaming downfield and kicked straight to an Essendon player....and she said he's on your team isnt he and laughed....more yelling from your's truly and children followed...

Reply #32
could turn a games on his own boot, even on bad days he come out in a single Q and change the outcome. None of this bullshiit missing shots for goal from 10 to 25m

We sort of took it for granted that after he left goal kicking would slide a bit, it made us a bit tolerant.

But seriously our goal kicking is a joke now, who is our goal kicking coach, Warnock?

Even my wife thinks they can't kick and she knows SFA about footy.

Funny about that...Mrs Elwood who knows SFA about footy as well came into the rumpus room to see what all the yelling was about.....and noticed Yarran streaming downfield and kicked straight to an Essendon player....and she said he's on your team isnt he and laughed....more yelling from your's truly and children followed...

:)) :)) Sounds just like last Sunday night at our place. Maybe Mrs Elwood and Mrs Baggers can go catch a movie and you and I can hurl cushions and abuse at the tv!!

Mrs Baggers joined me at the NBs game on Sunday arvo, then not more than 20 minutes into the seniors game (at home) she commented that we saw a better CFC at PP that arvo!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Stand up for yourself and your mates......

Reply #33
Hate to say it but Fev wouldn't let anyone stand over our blokes and quite often deployed a few standover tactics himself. Love him or hate him, he was the heart of the side.
Fev and many before him P2C. Dylan's dad would have walked upto BJ and knocked him into the next week. We are timid and weak, Murphy is the perfect example. Its not his fault because he didn't make the decision to appoint him, but I think he is the possibly worst Captain in CFC history. Sadly, Judd aside, there isn't anyone in the current group that would deserve to tie the shoelaces of almost any of our past Captains. Sad really. Captains are picked by boards and marketing depts, they pick themselves. When Murphy got chested on the boundary line the other night by the young Essendon player, with no reaction, that said it all for me really. 
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
Hate to say it but Fev wouldn't let anyone stand over our blokes and quite often deployed a few standover tactics himself. Love him or hate him, he was the heart of the side.
Fev and many before him P2C. Dylan's dad would have walked upto BJ and knocked him into the next week. We are timid and weak, Murphy is the perfect example. Its not his fault because he didn't make the decision to appoint him, but I think he is the possibly worst Captain in CFC history. Sadly, Judd aside, there isn't anyone in the current group that would deserve to tie the shoelaces of almost any of our past Captains. Sad really. Captains are picked by boards and marketing depts, they pick themselves. When Murphy got chested on the boundary line the other night by the young Essendon player, with no reaction, that said it all for me really.

Interesting that Dunstall singled out our timidness/meekness as one of the most surprising and really disappointing aspects of our players from Sunday night.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
Or guys rarely show any of that stuff.

But one thing is for sure, if you don't believe in the cause you won't put up a fight.

These guys don't believe in what they are being asked to do nor do they believe the guy with the message.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #36

Interesting that Dunstall singled out our timidness/meekness as one of the most surprising and really disappointing aspects of our players from Sunday night.

Monga Lloyd has highlighted this as well.

Reply #37
Can't really do anything about that except smash them next time they go for the ball and that part of Murphy's game went when he busted his collar bone.

Reply #38
This whole thread gets me so riled up.

Most of our blokes ARE NOT SOFT but they are excessively nice. That's the issue as far as I'm concerned... we are too fair.   As a club we do not do the stuff around the fringes of the rules that other clubs do oh so well.

IMO this is a reflection of this club being so pounded by the AFL that it is now excessively fair in every regard for fear of consequences.  Off field and now on field.

Imagine the condemnation that Murphy would have received had he slotted Astbury?  "No discipline at Carlton" would be all over the small paper.  Tsk Tsk from Robinson, Connolly and Smith.

Yea, Simmo was really soft going at the pill when sheringdog wiped him out. 

Murph is soft?  How much protection has he ever had?  Nailed in his first year in Brisbane, hammered in a contest by Dangerfield and then by Hodge.  Yep, gave away 15 kgs each time and still contested.  Yea, soft apparently.

Yea, Joseph was really soft when Ziebell nailed him.

Every time we retaliate it backfires spectacularly.   How about some protection for our players from officialdom... oh wait, they're too busy sending Waite letters for "staging".

As for Lloyd, what a &(^^ing hypocrite.

I remember Lloyd giving our blokes a couple then running like a scared cat when O'hailpan came at him.  Then he faked and the stupid umpires gave him a second shot on goal which ended up being the winning margin. 

There's an old Chinese saying; don't wrestle a pig in the gutter...

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40
This whole thread gets me so riled up.

Most of our blokes ARE NOT SOFT but they are excessively nice. That's the issue as far as I'm concerned... we are too fair.   As a club we do not do the stuff around the fringes of the rules that other clubs do oh so well.

IMO this is a reflection of this club being so pounded by the AFL that it is now excessively fair in every regard for fear of consequences.  Off field and now on field.

Imagine the condemnation that Murphy would have received had he slotted Astbury?  "No discipline at Carlton" would be all over the small paper.  Tsk Tsk from Robinson, Connolly and Smith.

Actually this may be more a symptom of the giant spray the coach, leadership group and club gave Waite after his indiscretions.

Getting done retaliating is not longer acceptable, the club will deep fry you, I think it was exactly the wrong message. I would be saying if you are going to get a week make it worthwhile, something the jerk won't forget, don't get a week for a love tap! Until we have a few brutal moments in our clubs profile, other clubs will continue to bully us! For example, this is the whole premise the Jack Ziebel plays on, he doesn't offer much else!  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
One can contest aggressively even bully , but be smart about it . That's what needs to be taught and instilled into the players, it will take a long time and right attitude, from  leaders examples. That's the difference.
Look at Hodge, Mitchell, skilled and experienced and  yet they get away with it easily so often.
Retaliating per say is childish and unprofessional and will land them in more trouble.

Reply #42
Marci....means  lot of things but basically;

1.  They will drag you down to their level.
2.  They will be fighting on their preferred ground.
3.  You will get covered in crap.

Essentially; be smarter and pick the time and place so it suits you.

Reply #43
One can contest aggressively even bully , but be smart about it . That's what needs to be taught and instilled into the players, it will take a long time and right attitude, from  leaders examples. That's the difference.
Look at Hodge, Mitchell, skilled and experienced and  yet they get away with it easily so often.
Retaliating per say is childish and unprofessional and will land them in more trouble.

Hodge is a smug thug sniper, and the Dawks love him for it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
So why can't we be the same?