Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Fremantle at Marvel (Read 15566 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Fremantle at Marvel

Reply #15
GTC, Then there is something wrong and we have all been sold a lie instead of hope. This is the year we are meant to be moving to the next level and I'm sick of excuses and half arsed efforts from the coaching box and playing list.
There is no excuse this week apart from lack of effort, you dont lose or just fall over the line to a team like Freo with our talent unless you are not trying or are completely incompetent in terms of coaching and leadership at all levels.

So if we lose the unlosable and go 0-3, what should happen?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
No jokes about Tassie please... A club is going to be sent there and it won't be (self righteous)  whorethorn, it'll be some other irrelevant club.   After we win six games,  sack Teague and have  30 000 exhausted members drop off management will sell the club out to save their worthless asses.  Seen it before,  it's coming.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
GTC, Then there is something wrong and we have all been sold a lie instead of hope. This is the year we are meant to be moving to the next level and I'm sick of excuses and half arsed efforts from the coaching box and playing list.
There is no excuse this week apart from lack of effort, you dont lose or just fall over the line to a team like Freo with our talent unless you are not trying or are completely incompetent in terms of coaching and leadership at all levels.

Agree, I’m done with bullcrap excuses - oh we don’t have Charlie C, oh McG is out, oh If only JSOS was there, etcetera etcetera.

No. Gtfo, I’m done.

Reply #18
The last paragraph from EB sums it up.... "incompetent at all levels".  I fear we are.

Reply #19
They collectively need a rocket. A proper rocket. If winning culture is crap, get rid of the poison. I don’t care anymore who it is - if it’s Teague, Cripps, Murphy, doch - don’t care, done. Done to death with these Insipid performances.

And ffs play people in their best positions, please.

Reply #20
So if we lose the unlosable and go 0-3, what should happen?
Teague will have another nail in the coffin, the pressure will build and not many coaches survive in that situation.

Reply #21
Murphy is far more cooked than Betts.

There is no evidence to suggest Betts is cooked....kicked 2.3 in the last ressies game, they reckon he should have kicked 5.....

He was our fastest measured player in game last year.

Fair call

My view may be skewed by the greasy conditions up in the Qld, which made him look a lot more fumbly than he used to be.

Reply #22
Fair call

My view may be skewed by the greasy conditions up in the Qld, which made him look a lot more fumbly than he used to be.

Don't discount the fact that he was in a hub for most of last year. That meant his missus was home with 4 kids (and 1 on the way). Eddie is about as big of a family man i've seen in a footy club and it was terrible for him to not have his family around.

Add to the fact he had the racism issues to deal with as well.

I'm surprised he even wanted to play on after all that, would've sucked the life right out of him and i'm not surprised his performances were a little below par because of it.

Reply #23
Pretty confident this week. Sounds like they got a good kick in the arse last week. They fire up just like last year in round 3 at Geelong.

All good as long as it is every week not as their choosing.

Reply #24
Freo look pretty good today against the Giants....

This will not be easy by any stretch

But Fyfe has been medically subbed with concussion (which equals 12 days off....?)

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #25
Freo look pretty good today against the Giants....

This will not be easy by any stretch

But Fyfe has been medically subbed with concussion (which equals 12 days off....?)

Yes, agree. If they kicked straight it would have been a lot uglier. They won't be easy beats by any means.

Reply #26
If you watched that  PRIME "making their mark" stuff you would surely have realised that GWS are certainly not in a good space. Cameron won't last past this year (if not sooner) so it's hard to gauge how good FREO are.
We should win but I thought we'd knock off the filth so what do I know,

Reply #27
Not confident by any means. There are no easy games for us the way we are going.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
Their no names will still beat us,  because our MC won't do the scouting and prep work.

Headlines next week....  "calls for Teague to be sacked"

Reply #29
With no Fyfe there will be no excuses, we should win easily, I'd view anything less than 5 goals as a poor effort.
GWS are a rabble and Cameron will be lucky to last the season..