Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Fremantle at Marvel (Read 15947 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Preparations: AFL 2021 R3 Carlton vs Fremantle at Marvel

Reply #60
Cornes and Lloyd reckon Cripps is only worth $750k a year given what he is producing, not sure we are going to get the value most here suggest he is worth if he was traded. Its become a real problem given his contract status...

I never wanted to have to contemplate this, but he might be best going back to WA. The fast open grounds surrounded by elite runners, he is the damaging distributor that they probably need (Fremantle more so). With Fyffe on deck, add Cripps to that line-up and they are a very difficult proposition. I would see about trading McGovern there as well. But what to ask for and get back?

Reply #61
Bit hard for a guy like kennedy to step up when he's clearly on the outer with the coach.....

Played some terrific games last year, then injured, then overlooked....

And has the ability to double as a legitimate lead up, 3rd tall type forward.

Terrific overhead and a reliable set shot.

Agree, he needs to be given an opportunity.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
I never wanted to have to contemplate this, but he might be best going back to WA. The fast open grounds surrounded by elite runners, he is the damaging distributor that they probably need (Fremantle more so). With Fyffe on deck, add Cripps to that line-up and they are a very difficult proposition. I would see about trading McGovern there as well. But what to ask for and get back?
Agree, Mundy would be in his last year and Cripps would be the perfect big body to take his place, Freo have a lot of quick young kids and Cripps could work with Fyfe. Like to keep Cripps but the reality is its a business and Cripps is a commodity and if we could get a really good deal for him you have to sit down and do the maths on what we can get to replace him and any extras to further improve our list. I'd be very keen on Luke Ryan and Cerra, ....

Reply #63
Bit hard for a guy like kennedy to step up when he's clearly on the outer with the coach.....

Played some terrific games last year, then injured, then overlooked....

And has the ability to double as a legitimate lead up, 3rd tall type forward.

Terrific overhead and a reliable set shot.
Dont need to convince me, I'll go so far to say the coaching staff have avoided picking Kennedy.

Reply #64
In my opinion we use Cripps wrongly, instead of resting him forward as a tall we should be resting him forward as a small to get at the feet of the talls and leave guys like Betts, Fisher and Gibbons on the outside.

Big H and Levi are hardly ever out marked, most of the time when they fail to mark the ball comes off their hands but not to our advantage. Imagine if they got a bit more creative and controlled with those failed marks and we had guys like Cripps and Walsh at the fall of the ball set to distribute to Betts, Fisher, Gibbons, Fogarty, etc., etc.! In effect a failed pack mark is a pseudo ruck stoppage.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
On Murphy.

Is he in the 22 on merit?

Not this year.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #66
Agree, Mundy would be in his last year and Cripps would be the perfect big body to take his place, Freo have a lot of quick young kids and Cripps could work with Fyfe. Like to keep Cripps but the reality is its a business and Cripps is a commodity and if we could get a really good deal for him you have to sit down and do the maths on what we can get to replace him and any extras to further improve our list. I'd be very keen on Luke Ryan and Cerra, ....

Cerra and Serong for Crippa?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
On Murphy.

Not this year.
A big problem for us is that we only have a couple of A-Grade ball users, and sMurph is one of them.

While we are getting smashed in the midfield, I feel we haven't got enough footy "on our terms" to judge the D50 or F50. When we do get the footy we are under the pump or trapped in a press.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68

Amendment.

Luke Ryan, Cerra and Serong for Cripps and Guv.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69
A big problem for us is that we only have a couple of A-Grade ball users, and sMurph is one of them.

While we are getting smashed in the midfield, I feel we haven't got enough footy "on our terms" to judge the D50 or F50. When we do get the footy we are under the pump or trapped in a press.

Perhaps you're a stage ahead.

None of our mids is even getting first hands on the pill.

Is that skill, mindset, set up structures or some combination?

I'd say a combo - but largely rests on the coaching staff to sort it out.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #70
Perhaps you're a stage ahead.

None of our mids is even getting first hands on the pill.

Is that skill, mindset, set up structures or some combination?

I'd say a combo - but largely rests on the coaching staff to sort it out.....
So guys playing permanent HBFs and HFFs get toasted or starved from the bulk of restarts.

The 6-6-6 probably hasn't helped us either, other than Saad we don't have a player with enough pace to play the sweeper role, when at AFL level you probably need two or three in a game just to get through it. So Saad is run ragged by the 4th Qtr, in both opening rounds. Put him in a team winning clearances and he'll be running off opponents in the last quarter and hitting blokes lace out.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
Amendment.
Luke Ryan, Cerra and Serong for Cripps and Guv.

Maybe it is time to consider a mega trade type deal: Offer Fisher, McGovern and Cripps and involve both WA clubs. There may be interest. What would we want back?

Reply #72
On Murphy.

Not this year.
Can we name 22 players who get in the 22 on merit?

I reckon we are a few short of that 22 at the moment.

Reply #73
We are seriously trading out cripps now?

Be careful what you wish for.  Many were happy to get rid of Gibbs for two first rounders.

Those players are Dow and Lachie o brien.

Cripps is going now, and his worst footy is still capable of being a match winner and we are going to ask for maybe sps, dow and lochie o brien back at the trade table potentially....

Im glad many on here aren't list managers. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #74
We are seriously trading out cripps now?

Be careful what you wish for.  Many were happy to get rid of Gibbs for two first rounders.

Those players are Dow and Lachie o brien.

Cripps is going now, and his worst footy is still capable of being a match winner and we are going to ask for maybe sps, dow and lochie o brien back at the trade table potentially....

Im glad many on here aren't list managers. 

I'd be astonished if Crippa left or if our club has even contemplated life without him. Until there is anything concrete to the contrary, Crippa is a BlueBagger for life.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17