Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting) (Read 69701 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting)

Reply #105
I know its only a pre season game, but 2 weeks in row we've capitulated in the last quarter. I don't like it.

Quite happy not to have them peaked on Feb 24.

Result is totally unimportant at this stage.

yeah I know, but we should beat these bananas anytime anywhere

Reply #106
I didn't go to game

I didn't watch the game on TV

Listened to 5 minutes on SEN

I got a full top Membership and will go to all games though

However, as I said before.....we wont make the 8 this year....

Reply #107
Considering who has been out for our two games and who was rested in the final qtr of both games... seems we're just getting games into blokes... experimenting.

But... this is not a habit to repeat. Our next hitout against the Dishlickers is especially important in terms of who fronts and how we finish.

Ps. Anyone else having trouble posting due to site server probs? Tried to post this a few times but was informed the server was overloaded.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #108
Meh. Maybe Barker was coaching. Take nothing from this game too seriously.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #109
Watched the game...
Can Krooze take a contested mark?
When can we have a non bias commentary team?
When can we be rewarded for tackles?
When is MM going to unveil his forward structure and his forward plan, because it still looks like Ratten is still coaching.
When are we going to teach the ruck men they have to tap it to OUR players?
When as a team are we going to get good foot skills?

I know it is preseason but gee the quality was just not there.

PS. Loved Wattos game.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #110
One point up at the start of the last quarter and lose by 38. Something doesn't sound good. I didn't watch the game, but I assume we will have far more negatives as feedback than positives in this game.

Waite, Gibbs and Yarran (ankle?) were subbed at 3/4 time. Cripps, Cachia, Ellard and Buckley spent a lot of time on the ball.

Everyone will say the negatives so I'll throw up a few positives...

- Watson was very solid in the first half to 3/4 time. He's slow, though, so he needs Everitt, Bootsma, McInnes or White to help out. I think he'll definitely play the first 3-4 rounds as a defender... EDIT: He had 13 1%ers, more than double anybody on the ground.

- Daisy's ankle didn't break! Looked pretty good at times and found plenty of the ball.

- Cripps did some good things. He'll need time but he'll be in the "Best 22" next year.

- Buckley is a live-wire. Goes pretty hard at it for a small bloke, just needs to lower his eyes more. (as does everyone else in the team)

- Menzel will be a gun player. He doesn't do much wrong, he just needs to make an impact for 4 quarters. Not just 1-2.

- Casboult had 100% goal kicking efficiency from set shots. ;D

Reply #111
No mention of Gibbs?
The Force Awakens!

Bring back Justin Cordy…bad vibes we are not fit enough

Reply #113
Prepare for many more 4th Qtr blowouts……as evidenced last 2 NAB games..

Ran into a pretty well connected Magpie guy the other day who was happy to see the back of Buttifant….said they had to double training loads Nov-Jan after he left to get them back to AFL std…

Nothing worse than hearing what a great guy the head of fitness/training is…he should be the most hated guy in the club like the chief handicapper at a golf club should be pushing them to breaking point every night at training…..

Very worried by our ability to run out games this year…hopefully proven wrong but worried…this was a strength for us last year we can't afford to lose

Reply #114
I think we have been primarily focussed on getting some game time into our younger players, with some back-up from our seasoned guys. This I think was a big factor in our last quarter fade outs, but nevertheless it is a bit of a concern. If we continue to see it after a couple of "real" games I will be a lot more worried.

Interestingly, Kingy was prognosticating that we are really not up to much and that the club has already decided on starting a rebuild from scratch! Doesn't think any of our current players are likely to become big stars of the game. Gee!

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #115
Bootsma can sit next to me....no idea
Bell needs to be very careful of Cripps sneaking up on him.
Rowe offers nothing.
Casbolt offers slightly more than Rowe, but only JUST slightly.
Waite hasn't had a kick in the 2 weeks so far.
Krueser's first week back. Benefit of the doubt. (Was awful!)
Cachia, Curnow, Everitt were non events.

Thomas will be a class act.

Will Henderson, Walker, Judd, Warnock, Carrazzo and Tuoy make that much difference???  Probably not.

Reply #116
Not worried at all about blokes like Waite and Murphy not making a statement, they have been around the block and are proven performers.

Dead worried about fringe players like White, Casboult, Ellard, McInnes, Bootsma and Rowe not tearing opponents a new one during the NAB Cup. These guys should be motivated to show their wares, but instead they look like they are chasing a bus they cannot possibly catch! We need to put this into perspective in regards to players we de-listed, traded or lost versus those we kept. These duds might be shooting themselves in the foot, but they are putting a noose around the neck of some MC members as well, and ripping the hearts out of supporters.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #117
Bootsma…just don't get this continued faith…see he got a tat offseason..maybe to look tough?

He still looks like an under 19 kid that has turned up at the wrong game and we keep playing him..

Remember how Jack Riewoldt laughed at him last year and kicked 3 in 5 minutes on him..even though we won……must be someone on the list with a bigger body surely……

12 year project player?..shopped him around offseason…no interest..says it all

Reply #118
Results dont matter but Individual perfomance and improvement does....

Newbie Positives.....Thomas and Cripps...the former showed his class and the latter  while lacking endurance shows enough to be a rnd 1 chance.

I thought Buckley was ok in terms of ball attack but wastes the footy with lack of maturity but that will come with experience but still shows enough.

Negatives:
Looking for improvement in players but hard to find.

Rowe....some decent spoils but not enough to be a senior 22 player...lacks reading of the play nous

McInnes....defends ok at times but leaves me with that nervous feeling when he has the footy or its indispute on the deck.

Casboult....not enough, no way is he the answer up forward...one goal and a couple of marks but like Rowe just doesnt get to enough contests or lead to the right spots.

Kruezer.....cant mark the ball, teases you with the odd grab but just drops too many he should take...as a forward you can forget it.
Jacobs beat both him and Wood in the hitouts that mattered and we were slaughtered at the clearances....

Gibbs....went off at end of 3/4 for a shower, hopefully to get a decent haircut and remove that headband he stole off some little girl....didnt really have much impact IMO..

Murphy ....went well and worked hard.

Bell...won some footy, ran past some footy, wasted some footy......not good enough from one of my favs who much is expected of...

Curnow....didnt see a lot of him...

Cachia...saw less of him than Curnow...

Bootsma.....that rnd 4 or 5 draft pick that West Coast offered is looking pretty good.

Jamo....picked up some cheap kicks but wasnt impressive, misses his mate Henderson.

Simmo....battled..

Brock, spent time on the bench and had no influence.

Yarran...some ok things before he was injured..

Jeffy...flashed into play a couple of times but the Crows no name defenders played him close....

Everitt...did some good things but got caught with the footy and looked a bit slow as the game was trench warfare rather than open running and man on man like he prefers...

Waite.....well beat by Talia

Menzel...what he did was classy but not enough...

Ellard...honest player and earned his money with three goals.

Wood....ok around the ground but lacks palming ability vs a quality distributor like Jacobs...

Watson...reasonable down back but lacks a yard of pace, will play rnd 1 for sure...

Reply #119
Gibbs....went of early for a shower, hopefully to get a decent haircut and remove that headband he stole off some little girl.

With all due respect EB I think you are letting your personal opinion of appearance deflect from the actual performance. Gibbs was very good tonight (more so than Murphy) and I think MM had seen enough to give him a deserved rest
IN WADA WE TRUST