Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 62283 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #165
I very much doubt Bomber will be available....

I think he means that their history points to not sacking Bolton until we can call the rebuild a failure.

FWIW I'm making a call, we'll start another rebuild at the end of 2021.  Either our experienced players will pull the pin leaving us with big holes to fill, or our kids wont be stepping up by then leaving us with holes to fill.

Either way there will be holes to fill.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #166
I don't think we control the time frame.
That's a bit above our pay grade.
Results will largely decide when and if the axe falls....and change becomes easier to sell with each loss.
On the other hand a few wins have an amazingly stabilizing effect.

I think failing to see the rebuild to the end of the 2020 season will be a disaster. That will compounded by your previous idea that a rival group could make a power play at board level, which will simply destabilise the club further. The main architects of the current rebuild (SOS, Bolton, MLG, Judd), will in all likelihood be pushed out. Zero chance of attracting any decent coach under such circumstances.

Reply #167
http://bit.ly/2VHgv5y

“Why Carlton’s Green Shoots Aren’t Sprouting”

Interesting reading....

Reply #169
Zero chance of attracting any decent coach under such circumstances.

I think right about now the trophy hunters get interested in the spoils, before things start to look up but after the bulk of the hard work is done.

Something to always remember as they grow louder!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #170
I think right about now the trophy hunters get interested in the spoils, before things start to look up but after the bulk of the hard work is done.

Something to always remember as they grow louder!

Except that the current trophy hunters will end up like their predecessors, stuffed and mounted on a wall in the CFC trophy room, by which time, it will be too late.

Reply #171
Except that the current trophy hunters will end up like their predecessors, stuffed and mounted on a wall in the CFC trophy room, by which time, it will be too late.

There are few if any trophy hunters in place at the moment, they are never around when things look tough long term. By nature they are ambush predators, hiding under a rock somewhere throughout the winter waiting for spring to arrive!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #172
Above it was stated that the club should have run a proper process when taking on the coach.   Didn't the club undertake  "thorough assessment and review process" when Bolton was hired? Even got in some soccer bloke.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #173
Comparing 3 games vs 22 games is folly. At any rate, the first half of that story gives the "what", the 2nd half gives the "why." Nothing that hasn't been noted on here already.

I think it goes deeper than just 3 games, PP. Although only a whisker over a 10% sample (of season 2019 - and many surveys use less of a sample to draw incisive conclusions) it is, however (to be micro, even pedantic), more than 300 minutes divided into 12 blocks. And from this sample size much is gleaned and much is disappointing, even damning.

The article makes solid, indisputable conclusion / statements about our club. We are now, clearly, the worst club in the competition.

The footy world knows that the Dees and Kangabies will come good as what they are dishing up is out of character (what we're dishing up is in character). For the Kangabies it's more difficult as their talent stocks are thinner this year, much thinner than ours. With us, the footy world is just seeing more of the same... more talent (fewer non-hackers) but still the same, which makes our present predicament even worse.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #174
http://bit.ly/2VHgv5y

“Why Carlton’s Green Shoots Aren’t Sprouting”

Interesting reading....

Interesting indeed. Our endurance and strength of character as a club are being stress tested for sure and the lack of wins tests everyone's belief in ultimate success. I really do not know for how long this can be sustained but if we end up with the same number of wins, or God forbid fewer wins, or even only a couple more than last year then I suspect further dramatic events at the club could well unfold. Fasten your seat belts.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #175
I think it goes deeper than just 3 games, PP. Although only a whisker over a 10% sample (of season 2019 - and many surveys use less of a sample to draw incisive conclusions) it is, however (to be micro, even pedantic), more than 300 minutes divided into 12 blocks. And from this sample size much is gleaned and much is disappointing, even damning.

The article makes solid, indisputable conclusion / statements about our club. We are now, clearly, the worst club in the competition.

The footy world knows that the Dees and Kangabies will come good as what they are dishing up is out of character (what we're dishing up is in character). For the Kangabies it's more difficult as their talent stocks are thinner this year, much thinner than ours. With us, the footy world is just seeing more of the same... more talent (fewer non-hackers) but still the same, which makes our present predicament even worse.

The article starts off given very selective stats, then goes on to qualify those numbers by commenting on the relative youth of the players, particularly the mids, and goes on to mention that the club stated at the outset that they were embarking on a 3 year rebuild, that Bolton now has the list he wants, and now has the task of growing the team into a competitive, winning unit.

Reply #177
Comparing 3 games vs 22 games is folly. At any rate, the first half of that story gives the "what", the 2nd half gives the "why." Nothing that hasn't been noted on here already.

It's more the 3 wins from 35. In 2017 we won 6 games and led 7 other times in last qtrs before losing. 13 times we led in the last qtr. Since then we have gone along way backwards. That's the issue. We've won 15 games from 69, 12 in the first half of Bolton's tenure, 6 of those wins in 7 games. So outside of that burst we've won 9 whole games. Irrespective of where you're at as a club that is diabolical.

Reply #178
All facts need to be seen in context, facts used to win arguments are simply bullets being fired to prove a point are just being used to reinforce an already held preconception. Facts should be used to enlighten not prove. The reality is that we have played a top 4 side, a top 8 side and a top 12 side in the first three weeks. We played Richmond with there whole fab 4 and haven't been anywhere near as good without them, we played Port away and we played Sydney at Etihad which actually suits them, I would have liked to have got them on the bigger MCG. Gold Coast on the other hand have played 3 bottom six sides. Clearly we have played better than last year but we still haven't won anything. This will be our second interstate trip and travel is more difficult for Victorian sides than non-Victorian sides because interstate travel would be built into a non-Victorian sides normal processes. Gold Coast will be our first bottom six side whereas we will be there fourth. Clearly the Membership and the supporters are backing the Club at the moment which is demonstrated by the attendance and the Membership numbers, however we really need to win.

Reply #179
It's more the 3 wins from 35. In 2017 we won 6 games and led 7 other times in last qtrs before losing. 13 times we led in the last qtr. Since then we have gone along way backwards. That's the issue. We've won 15 games from 69, 12 in the first half of Bolton's tenure, 6 of those wins in 7 games. So outside of that burst we've won 9 whole games. Irrespective of where you're at as a club that is diabolical.

But Bolton was the coach in 2017 ! Doesn't that tell you something ? Do you think he's forgotten how to coach ? Don't tell me you think "he's lost the players" ?