Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Prognostications (Read 30127 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Prognostications

Reply #15
Charlie Curnow again very poor against a very average defender.

Reply #16
We held BrisVegas to a losing score but our inability to kick big scores for the past few weeks came back to haunt us. Our defensive game, and our defensive group is top notch. Our offensive game and mids to forwards connection, and forward line group, need work. We need more reward for effort.

As silly as it might seem, I'd rather lose a preliminary final than a grand final.

The boys will have learned so much from the back end of this season and especially our finals exposure.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17

Charles had a very disappointing finals series.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
If Brisbane end up winning the premiership, we can console ourselves we were beaten by the best team in the competition. Not sure Collingwood would have wanted to play us, and I do not fear them. The Lions at the Gabba is a fortress.

Reply #19
Charles had a very disappointing finals series.

He certainly had a finals series he'd rather forget. The contrast between his h/a form and finals form is marked, and hopefully a fatigue related aberration.

I thought Gov and Walsh were probably our best tonight. Plenty of players had tiny moments here and there, but many of our stars were down I thought.

Reply #20
Terrible after the first 20 min.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #21
If Brisbane end up winning the premiership, we can console ourselves we were beaten by the best team in the competition. Not sure Collingwood would have wanted to play us, and I do not fear them. The Lions at the Gabba is a fortress.

I'd say Brisbane would have to start the GF as favourites, even if it's slight.

Reply #22
He certainly had a finals series he'd rather forget. The contrast between his h/a form and finals form is marked, and hopefully a fatigue related aberration.

I thought Gov and Walsh were probably our best tonight. Plenty of players had tiny moments here and there, but many of our stars were down I thought.

Yep top four to avoid this type of contest to paly in GF and chance of winning it. I think we could have rattled Collingwood

We are definitely going in the right direction.

Reply #23
16pts was a sign of a good fight.

Absolutely. This team doesn't lose belief. What a seismic turnaround. That deafening CLICK q2 v GC is something hard to explain. But it happened and the rest will breed promise and hunger for more.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #25

Outmuscled, outrun, outplayed and outgunned by a clearly superior opponent. No disgrace in that performance IMO. They have real hardness and real skill. I'm tipping them for the flag.

Reply #26
Choked

Yeah he did - but he is in mid 20s and played against the best defensive systems in the systems week after week.

Ball movement needs to improve a little bit more

Reply #27
I'm guessing there must be a whistle thief prowling around the corridors of AFL HQ. Some of the missed frees......

Reply #28
On Charlie.
He was double tagged and scragged in the finals. Also absorbed the heat without H for multiple h/a games.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #29
We lost by 16.

H had a complete gimme free he didn’t get in the last Quarter push in the back that was so obvious I assume that umpire will not umpire again / if he’d kicked that we’d have had momentum.

Not sure how that result equates to we only played a good first 20 mins?