Skip to main content
Topic: 2024 Practice Match Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 3611 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2024 Practice Match Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #45
Ball movement improved the second I posted that.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #46
Last 10 min we have lifted our intensity and looked like our old selves. At least the old selves from the 2nd half of last year.

Reply #48
Last 10 min we have lifted our intensity and looked like our old selves. At least the old selves from the 2nd half of last year.
Yeah when Gawn went off for an extended rest. Watching H and Schache in the ruck hurt my eyes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
Boyd- Small Forward :D

Reply #50
Yeah when Gawn went off for an extended rest. Watching H and Schache in the ruck hurt my eyes.
The intensity and ball movement from defence definitely picked up. Doesn't matter who went off, if the intensity and workrate lifts, the rest follows.

Reply #51
This game is a game of 2 halves.....and those halves reflect our 2 halves of our season last year.

1st half average.
2nd half quick exciting and getting results

Reply #52
Olli Holland's is bog.
Acres not far behind.

A few of our senior blokes are as expected, Newman, Saad, docherty etc.

Fantasia is a quick thinker and quick to dispose, need more from his skill set, but with all our other small forward injuries, he probably gets a game.

Pitto isn't fit and it showed. Dont play him next week. Tdk is fit, but is getting a lesson from gawn.

Harry in the ruck is something we need more of. Gets us our 2 rucks without playing 2 rucks. Gives him something to focus on other than his kicking which is still a craps shoot.

Don't care about the result. Individual form is what I'm looking at

Reply #53
Get all the good players off now....if you can find them, :(

Reply #54
Olli Holland's is bog.
Acres not far behind.

A few of our senior blokes are as expected, Newman, Saad, docherty etc.

Fantasia is a quick thinker and quick to dispose, need more from his skill set, but with all our other small forward injuries, he probably gets a game.

Pitto isn't fit and it showed. Dont play him next week. Tdk is fit, but is getting a lesson from gawn.

Harry in the ruck is something we need more of. Gets us our 2 rucks without playing 2 rucks. Gives him something to focus on other than his kicking which is still a craps shoot.

Don't care about the result. Individual form is what I'm looking at

Similar.

My other thought too being that we have played on 2 scorching days. They may have backed off looking at the recovery aspects knowing they have another of those evenings next week. It's quite a few days recovery required otherwise.

Reply #55
Fantasia holding his hamstring ::)

Reply #56
If we were practicing how not to play? Mission accomplished.
If were were tuning up for round 0? Fail
The kicks inside 50 have been abysmal.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #57
Good debate about our ruck setup bei g had by commentators. Identifying that an average ruck is very much overrated.

Question remains what does our coaching staff value.

Tdk is the constant tease. Looks good grabbing it out of the ruck but stuffs the kick and creates a shot on goal. But if he can get it done....??

Pittonet is your meat and potatoes guy who grinds all game and adds more ruck craft and our mids benefit from that. But does he do enough around the ground??

Harry is an adequate 2nd ruck and means we 100% shouldn't play 2 others. So who do we choose?

Like last year, I suspect tdk will be first choice.
Hopefully unlike.last year he takes the next step and keeps it.....but he needs to improve his ruck craft and minimise opposition rucks influence.....clearly gawn is a bridge too far but we can't hold that against him. As long as it's not the same against the average rucks.

Pitto being injured/underdone probably makes it an easy decision early, but I don't envy the MCs job.