Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Rd 21: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 6130 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: Rd 21: Carlton vs Brisbane

Lucky we are playing away this week: I get to see the game on TV. When I went off to hospital on Wednesday I knew I wasn't going to be right for the weekend. Not sure I'll be right for next weekend either: next op takes the stone out. However, I have a chance.
I am SO glad we are on TV this week. I don't have pay TV and we have been their staple this year. Hopefully not next year.

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: Rd 21: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #1
Someone else will have to start the voting: I just finished watching the game and wondering how we couldn't win it. Unbelievable! Anyway, I'm back in hospital tomorrow - I'm still peeing blood. I'll get around to voting when I can stop peeing for long enough to digest what I saw.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Good luck Crash.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3
Out of respect for Crash's suffering kidneys  ;)

Team: D

5 - Curnow
4 - Cripps
3 - Casboult
2 - Gibbs
1 - Kreuzer

I hope you're on the mend soon Crash.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Team E:...

4: Cripps
3: Casboult
3: Gibbs
2: Buckley
2: Simpson
1: Curnow

Get well soon Crash, looking forward to your pre -draft player reviews....

Reply #5
Team F (it was Brisbane)

5 Cripps
4 Curnow
3 Simpson
2 Casboult
1 Silvagni.

All the best Crash.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #6
5 Cripps
3 Simpson
3 Gibbs
2 Kreuzer
1 Silvagni
1 Tuohy

I couldn't give Curnow a vote even though he got plenty of it, just too many skill errors.
It's the same old faces week in and week out, we depend far too much on far too few.
PS: All the best Crash, I hope it all works out OK.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Team D

4 Cripps
4 Simpson
2 Tuohy
2 Kreuzer
2 Curnow
1 White
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
I’m still at home, but I do expect that to change tomorrow. I’d better get the votes in while I can.
Team:   E
The first half was terrible, truly pathetic. After half time we were not do bad, in fact we probably deserved to win. But we have no idea how to kick goals. Even so, coming back as we did in conditions that should have very much helped Brisbane, was promising.
The result? Not good enough.

Votes:
[2.5]   Ed Curnow
[2.5]   Cripps
[2]   Tuohy
[2]   Simpson
[1.5]   Casboult
[1.5]   White
[1]   Gibbs
[1]   Docherty
[0.5]   Kreuzer
[0.5]   Jack Silvagni

Explanations:
[2.5]   Ed Curnow:   Did a job and got a lot of the ball. One of very few 4 quarter players, even though his kicking was not at its best.
[2.5]   Cripps:   Cripps was excellent, especially since he was injured. Now he needs to get his disposal to the level of his ball getting ability.
[2]   Tuohy:   Another very solid game from Tuohy.
[2]   Simpson:   Down on his recent efforts and his disposal was terrible in patches, but he was one of the reasons we got back into the game.
[1.5]   Casboult:   Took marks ad kicked goals. Showed what he can do.
[1.5]   White:   Easily our best large defender, he had 4 good quarters.
[1]   Gibbs:   Not as good as he has been, but he and Cripps worked very well on our clearances.
[1]   Docherty:   Like Gibbs he was down a bit compared to recently, but he was very useful.
[0.5]   Kreuzer:   One of his better games in the ruck, but only 1 mark for the day.
[0.5]   Jack Silvagni:   3 goals and never looked like missing. If we had any idea how to get the ball to him he would have kicked a lot more.

Honourable Mentions:
Buckley:   Pathetic early, but lifted after half time. His kicking was off though: he normally slots his snaps.
Boekhorst:   So bad early that it was not funny: 2 possessions in the first half and he was supposed to be on Zorko (who killed us). In the 2nd half he did play on Zorko and kept him down to 6 possessions after half time while doing more himself.
Weitering:   Not 100% fit and got hurt, but did a solid job in defence. But the confidence and the intercept marking isn’t there at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Team. D

4. Curnow
3. Cripps
3. Casboult
2. Gibbs
2. Simpson
1. White
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #10
D

8 Cripps
4 Curnow
3 Casboult
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
Team - F (The first half was so bad that the second half could only drag the team up to a massive fail)

5 - Cripps
4 - Silvagni
3 - Casboult (Should have kicked seven)
2 - Gibbs
1 - Curnow

Reply #12
Team E

5: E Curnow
4: Cripps
3: Tuohy
2: White
1: Simpson

HMs  Casboult, Silvagni, Weitering, Buckley  and  Boekhorst (2nd half only for those 2)

Reply #13
Team = E (1st half = G 2nd half = C)

[4]   Cripps
[3]   Simpson
[2]   Tuohy
[2]   Casboult
[1]   White
[1]   Ed Curnow
[1]   Gibbs
[1]   Docherty