Skip to main content
Topic: Sent PM's checkbox (Read 10786 times) previous topic - next topic

Sent PM's checkbox

Hello mods.

Possibly as a result of not sending many PM's, I far too often forget to check the "Save a copy in my outbox" checkbox, with the effect that my sent PM"s are rarely saved.

Is there any way we can change the default behavior to automatically keep all sent PM's, without the user having to do anything to save them ?

Thank you.

Re: Sent PM's checkbox

Reply #1
Hello mods.

Possibly as a result of not sending many PM's, I far too often forget to check the "Save a copy in my outbox" checkbox, with the effect that my sent PM"s are rarely saved.

Is there any way we can change the default behavior to automatically keep all sent PM's, without the user having to do anything to save them ?

Thank you.

I'll have a look later on Paul and see what I can do.

Reply #3
Paul
Could you try something for me.

Go to your profile (little blue person located under your avatar)
Click "modify profile" at the top
Scroll down to "personal messaging"
Under personal messaging there should be an option there for you check a box allowing you to save PM's automatically.

Reply #4
Paul
Could you try something for me.

Go to your profile (little blue person located under your avatar)
Click "modify profile" at the top
Scroll down to "personal messaging"
Under personal messaging there should be an option there for you check a box allowing you to save PM's automatically.

Hi Lods. Yes, I did find that setting, and I have updated it. Thanks for that.

It's not very intuitive, or easy to find, but it's done now. Perhaps this setting should be on automatically when someone signs up as a new member. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to save sent messages.

Thanks again.

Reply #5
Hi Lods. Yes, I did find that setting, and I have updated it. Thanks for that.

It's not very intuitive, or easy to find, but it's done now. Perhaps this setting should be on automatically when someone signs up as a new member. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to save sent messages.

Thanks again.

I spent a bit of time with the admin notes for the board looking for "personal message options" and was surprised to find it back where it's located.
There doesn't appear to be that overall/admin option to change it but rather it's up to the individual member to set it.
Those interested can now set it and we may bump the thread  from time to time.

Reply #6
I spent a bit of time with the admin notes for the board looking for "personal message options" and was surprised to find it back where it's located.
There doesn't appear to be that overall/admin option to change it but rather it's up to the individual member to set it.
Those interested can now set it and we may bump the thread  from time to time.

Thanks Lods. I guess the forum software doesn't allow that change at the "superuser" level.