Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 391785 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Reply #735
Clinton won....

Fox news folk are saying as much, and if that's the case she's a clear winner. ;)

Lods the problem is they poll people who watch the whole debate, Trump's supporters probably turned off after 10 minutes so the polls may not reflect the majority.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #736
Lods the problem is they poll people who watch the whole debate, Trump's supporters probably turned off after 10 minutes so the polls may not reflect the majority.

It's not the polled folk....it's the Fox commentators.
They'ré clearly disappointed.

If they're finding negatives, then he didn't do very well. ;)
In the hours to come they'll find positives but at the moment they're struggling to find his good moments.

Reply #737
To an extent, LP, that ignores the issue.  Those who don't watch the whole debate will absorb the concensus about the outcome of the debate.  That may change votes, whatever the truth might be.  That's why "the Spin Room" after debates is so important.  Proxies try to spin their candidate's performance to try to win the "5th quarter".

Reply #738
To an extent, LP, that ignores the issue.  Those who don't watch the whole debate will absorb the concensus about the outcome of the debate.  That may change votes, whatever the truth might be.  That's why "the Spin Room" after debates is so important.  Proxies try to spin their candidate's performance to try to win the "5th quarter".

It's not the polled folk....it's the Fox commentators.
They'ré clearly disappointed.

If they're finding negatives, then he didn't do very well. ;)
In the hours to come they'll find positives but at the moment they're struggling to find his good moments.

Agree with both of you, the media is smashing Trump.

But I think that is from a sense of guilt as Trump is the monster they have created, the US media have become Frankenstein and the monster will turn on them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #739
MBB, not sure you could say she got personal.  He's running for President and his record is a valid issue.  What he did regarding the birther campaign, for instance, was part of his run for the Presidency.  What he has done in business is relevant too.  He boasts about it as proof of his ability and the flipside is also relevant.  She didn't make any truly personal comments.  She didn't talk about his hands or his failed marriages, for instance.

I wanted her to get more personal with Trump, she need the moderator to come to her aid a couple of times. My problem is whenever Trump holds her to account he's a bully.

Trump pretty much controlled the whole debate, he dominated the start and then side tracked himself a few times getting agitated at Lester. Clinton read from a piece of paper and was uninspiring as usual.

I don't think any Americans would have changed their minds after what took place today.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #740
Horrible moment for Trump: Hillary pondered whether Trump paid no federal tax and didn't contribute to the military, schools etc., he said that would show he was smart.  Another bad moment: when Hillary talked about him stiffing small businessmen who did work for him and taking advantage of bankruptcy laws, he said it showed he was a smart businessman. 

We won't see them, but his comments will be replayed endlessly in Clinton ads.

Reply #741
Clinton's strongest moment was when she slapped down Trump about his sexism but she already has those voters locked up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #742
double post
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #743
Hillary's worst moment was when she said the private email server was a mistake and Trump rammed home the point that it wasn't a mistake and that it was on purpose.
Highlighting her and her party's corruption against Sanders.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #744
One reason the debate result matters is that voting is underway right now in some states.  Those early voters might just send in their ballots now if they think they've seen enough.  Playing catch-up might not be possible.

Reply #745
CNN's poll suggests Clinton won 62% to 27%, with the caveat that the 500 debate watchers were somewhat skewed towards Democratic voters.  With CNN's focus group of 20 uncommitted voters, Clinton won 18 to 2.

Reply #746
I was very surprised, I had thought it was Clinton who would look weary and fatigued.

But watching and listening to the debate it seemed to me it was Trump who looked to the be struggling physically and mentally. He looked flustered, stuttered, tired and couldn't keep on track, he reminded me of an elderly relative with the early signs of Alzheimer's.

He looked less competent.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #747
I was very surprised, I had thought it was Clinton who would look weary and fatigued.

But watching and listening to the debate it seemed to me it was Trump who looked to the be struggling physically and mentally. He looked flustered, stuttered, tired and couldn't keep on track, he reminded me of an elderly relative with the early signs of Alzheimer's.

He looked less competent.

I had the same thought LP.  It would be interesting to compare his current speech patterns with those from 5-10 years ago.  Of course, it's entirely possible that he has always struggled with the English language.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #748
That's the ironic thing about Trump's attacks on Clinton's stamina.  She has consistently shown doggedness and resilience.  The GOP has been after her for ages.  The Benghazi committee grilled her for 11 hours without any success.  That's just about the harshest test you could set for someone.  On the other hand, Tony Schwartz, the ghost writer who wrote The Art Of The Deal, has made it clear Trump has a very short attention span.  She ground him into the dirt over the last hour.  One commentator also noted he was guzzling water like a man with a hangover while Clinton didn't touch a drop.  Some people regard drinking water as a sign of weakness.  I'm not one of them, but some think that way.

Reply #749
Tsk, tsk, DJC, don't you know Trump has all the best words ...