Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 391493 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Reply #825
I saw this quote somewhere, and i thought how poignant.

If i ha to choose between these two, I would vote Trump,

Because I would rather handle a baby squealing pig, rather than a venomous snake

I'd never vote for Trump. Just has zero accountability and zero credibility.

Reply #826
That's a bit of a self-selecting sample, though.  If you're interested in the debate, you don't go to a crowded bar as you're not likely to be able to listen to it.  On the other hand, sports can be watched even if you can't hear the sound.  Anyone interested in the debate would stay home and watch it or watch it with friends who have a similar interest.

Yeah yeah yeah. This contest seems to be cut and dried. If you want any serious and intelligent analysis of the real issues that face the US and what either of these two plan to do about it I guess you wouldn't be wasting your time watching them kick lumps out of each other on TV whether at home or in a bar.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #827
I'd never vote for Trump. Just has zero accountability and zero credibility.

Love your avatar PP, is that Trump before he dyed himself and his hair yellow?  ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #828
Love your avatar PP, is that Trump before he dyed himself and his hair yellow?  ;)

Ha ! No, that's me putting on a brave face after I got "trumped" by another chimp for the Wally Walpamur ads, way back when.

Reply #829
Ha ! No, that's me putting on a brave face after I got "trumped" by another chimp for the Wally Walpamur ads, way back when.

:)) :)) :))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #830
Why wont he stay dead? ??? :(

Just when you think he cant get up again...back he comes!

Reply #831
The Republicans are deserting Trump in a desperate bid to save their majority in Congress.  In response, Trump is taking the gloves off and is going to get stuck into everyone . . . and that's really going to help  ::)

Apparently there's a chance that Trump will establish his own party and split the Republican base.

It would be ironic if Trump delivers Clinton the presidency and a majority in Congress.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #832
Trump I believe is at his lowest approval ratings yet since winning the Republican nomination, but this does not yet rule him out. He is within 1% in Ohio & 2% in Florida which are the 2 key battleground states, but even these are not enough. He would also have to win Nevada, North Carolina and likely a few others, which is extremely unlikely.

This last month has been a disaster for him
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #833
Yes, it has been a disaster.  He has fat chance of winning over women now. 

I'm still fascinated by the Clinton campaign ignoring the fact that Trump is being sued by a woman who claims he raped her in the company of a now-convicted paedophile Billionaire, Epstein, when she was just 13.  And the press has largely ignored it too.

I had hoped that Clinton would unleash this nuclear assault during the 2nd debate when Trump accused Bill of rape but there was just the sound of crickets while a tumbleweed drifted lazily across the stage.  Subsequently, articles suggested Hillary was advised to "do no harm" - Trump was imploding all by himself, so there was no need to try for a knockout blow (cf the 1st debate where the Machado set piece set his implosion in motion). 

That advice to do no harm was general and there's been nothing to suggest that there has been any thought given to the rape claim.  I could certainly understand, though, that going there might conceivably have blown up in her face.

To start with, the suit may be a malicious fabrication.  It was filed under a pseudonym, so no one really knows much about the complainant or her credibility.  It would certainly be a disaster if Hillary seized on it only to find that the complainant was in fact a 400 pound hacker, as Trump would say, who created it while sitting on his parents' couch.  Even worse if said 400 pound hacker is a Hillary or Bernie supporter.

The chances of a fraud appear to be diminishing, though.  For a start, the article I posted previously notes that a 2nd high-profile lawyer has now signed on to represent the complainant.  Sure, some hack lawyers might believe any publicity is good publicity but high-profile lawyers don't want to risk being associated with a clusterfork.  I'd imagine at the very least the lawyers have met with the complainant and vetted her to some degree.  Then you have the fact that the Federal Court Judge set the case down for a case conference instead of dismissing it out of hand.

Clinton would be partly insulated, anyway, from claims that she set this thing in motion as the ultimate dirty trick.  The complainant tried to launch the action in April this year without using a lawyer and it was dismissed on procedural grounds.  Trump was then in a fight to death with Cruz while Hillary was fending off Sanders.  Even if she had the foresight to lay down a surprise for Trump, you'd think she would have ensured that it cleared procedural obstacles.

On the other hand, maybe there is a concern that Trump would try to drag the Clintons down with him.  Epstein was a big player in NY social circles and Bill Clinton mixed with him as he did with Trump. Whether true or not, Trump could say that he saw or heard of Bill doing X, Y and Z to women at one of Epstein's parties or on his private jet.  Just associating Bill with a convicted paedophile would cause some damage.  If Clinton wins, she won't want a poisoned chalice.  If she goes in damaged, the Republicans in Congress will surely take advantage and block everything she tries to do.

Or maybe it makes sense to leave this knockout blow for later.  He has been hit repeatedly on his attitude to women and less serious sexual assaults.  As it stands, the allegations made in the rape case are no longer as surprising as they were before.  They fit into the same pattern of behaviour, albeit so much more serious.

Could it come up in the 3rd debate?  All Clinton would have to do is invite the audience to google Trump+rape and it will become a thing.  Or she could hit him between the eyes with it.  She doesn't have to worry about being sued for defamation as it's a fact he is being sued for child rape, as long as she doesn't assert that the allegations are true.

Reply #834
Why wont he stay dead? ??? :(

Just when you think he cant get up again...back he comes!

Plastic doesn't decompose, but it's cheap, toxic and nasty to the environment.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #835
I have no doubt that Donald Trump will win the November election. He will defeat the Republican Party in a landslide. That is who he is campaigning against.

Reply #836
Trump is being crucified in th US media atm. He needs a miracle but there are hints that some bad stuff about Hillary may yet come out. She is being accused by some of being behind the supply of arms to ISiS!

Reply #837
Its actually good for him to be demonized.

Good for him I mean.

If it becomes fantastically demonized it can be unbelievable.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #838
Trump is being crucified in th US media atm. He needs a miracle but there are hints that some bad stuff about Hillary may yet come out. She is being accused by some of being behind the supply of arms to ISiS!
Pretty tame for a conspiracy theory when you put it up against being a serial murderer and plotting with the UN and the Banks to engineer a takeover by the shadowy people who control the New World Order.  That's like thinking that Lex Luther is going to be taken down by unpaid parking fines rather than his attempts to take over the world.

Reply #839
Pretty tame for a conspiracy theory when you put it up against being a serial murderer and plotting with the UN and the Banks to engineer a takeover by the shadowy people who control the New World Order.  That's like thinking that Lex Luther is going to be taken down by unpaid parking fines rather than his attempts to take over the world.

Yeah, ISIS isn't to bad really is it?   ::)

How many people has it slaughtered so far?