Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 391876 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Reply #960
Humanity (read the "experts") is once again guilty of not paying attention to history. The Donald's ascendancy to the big job has a parallel to that of the first Democrat President, Andrew Jackson in 1829, he rode in on a platform of anti elitism, an autocratic system providing jobs for the sons of the revolution, his nick name was "King Mob" and threw the doors of the White House open to the masses for his inauguration ball. He even threatened to take his predecessor Sam Adams to court because of the corrupt deal done with congress to keep him from power, he also employed not one professional politician in his cabinet, but brought in a team of business men... sound familiar?
In the process he destroyed the old "Republic Party" and created the original Democratic Party, how ironic that Donald will effectively do the same to the current Democratic Party, and will no doubt ditch the same old Republican faces and probably create his own party going forward, that's what happened in 1829, and all these years later, with Hillary's Big Tech team oblivious to the feelings of the Red Neck Whitelash, that eventually cost her the job. That and the fact that she is soooo tainted by the Bill factor, and the big Washington connections.
Trump, and his minions are pompous blustering sycophants, but they read the weather better than the entire DC political establishment, and not only have four years of unadulterated power via two subservient houses, but have the legal right to build walls anywhere they please.
At least it will be interesting.....    
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #961
For the life of me,  I cant believe that yanks speak the same language we do ????

They are that different , it aint funny.

It really is a toss of the coin on the issue of whether they are just a naive bunch........... or just plain stupid!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #962
Less than half the people eligible to vote actually voted, that says everything about apathy and a generation that just cant be fooked. They will be the ones with the biggest voices in the coming tempest, yet they really have no right....One hundred and fifty million didn't vote

Reply #964
With the amount of enemies Trump has/will make he'll be the first President assassinated in the 21st century

Reply #965
If I may, this is a perfect example of democracy, Hillary has conceded, Donald has somewhat humbly accepted the win, people will go to bed and get up in the morning and life will go on. Will lessons be learnt, will we study our history, will he really kick out the muslims, build the wall, send Hillary to sing sing, nuke ISIS???? As I suggested earlier at least it will be interesting...

Reply #967

I think we might need a cup of tea, a bex and a good lie down.
Trump's election has been a bit of a shock, but in the end...

Trump will be nothing more than a figurehead.
The day to day grind of Presidency won't be for him
He's the showman.
Most of the grunt work will be done by Pence and others...conservatives with some right wing views and they'll introduce plans that many of us don't like....
But there won't be death camps in New Mexico.
The Military will remain independent of party politics and although subject to CIC orders the real decisions will be made with input from the Generals and Admirals.

,,,and in four years time there will be an election and a President will either be re-elected or replaced

Reply #968

Trump will be nothing more than a figurehead.
The day to day grind of Presidency won't be for him
He's the showman.
Most of the grunt work will be done by Pence and others...conservatives with some right wing views and they'll introduce plans that many of us don't like....
But there won't be death camps in New Mexico.
The Military will remain independent of party politics and although subject to CIC orders the real decisions will be made with input from the Generals and Admirals.

,,,and in four years time there will be an election and a President will either be re-elected or replaced

Let's keep this simple - Trump likely to be killed of by Christmas.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #969
Let's keep this simple - Trump likely to be killed of by Christmas.....

Democracy in action?  :o

Seriously though, he will have made a lot of very powerful enemies no doubt.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #971
Who exactly is assassinating him? Not sure Democrats are pro
Gun and violence - that's Republican voters.

As someone said, he'll just be the loud mouthed figure head just like George W - others will be in charge.

Gee Pauline Hansen is thrilled. Say no more  :o

Reply #972

Trump will be nothing more than a figurehead..Hope somebody remembers to tell him that..
The day to day grind of Presidency won't be for him.
He's the showman.
But there won't be death camps in New Mexico.....US will supply arms to the drug lords to keep the fence jumpers in check...thats in line with usual US policy
Trump is planning on charging Sth Korea, Japan, Philippines etc for the privilege of American protection...

A quote from 3 hours ago....Filipino president Rodrigo Duterte vows to work with Trump in defending the dignity of all, including women and sub-standard citizens........Duterte and Trump, there is a combo  you can feel comfortable with if you are a woman or a sub standard citizen...how many more nutters are we going to have running the world and wonder how you get to qualify as a sub standard citizen....???

Reply #973
Who exactly is assassinating him? Not sure Democrats are pro
Gun and violence - that's Republican voters.

As someone said, he'll just be the loud mouthed figure head just like George W - others will be in charge.

Gee Pauline Hansen is thrilled. Say no more  :o

Heard of the neocons, US activities in Libya, Syria etc., wall street, globalisation? Trump would have some serious enemies among the fraternities responsible for those areas for a start, and they wanted the Democrat Hillary for president, after all  they bought and paid for her.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #974
I think it is highly unlikely there will be any major attempts and certainly very unlikely to be any successful attempts on his life.
A lot of people thought that Obama would rile far too many people and importantly the red-neck gun nuts, that he would be assassinated as well as they would refuse to have a black president.

I think Trump will be an awful president and this was the most unbelievable election in history, defying all logic, but now it has happened it was a perfect storm and was always likely all the way back to when he started his campaign with ridiculous comments about Mexico an rapists and gained attention and votes.

A similar phenomena is sweeping Europe and the Asia Pacific region and until it is absolutely two fingers to the the establishment, two fingers to political correctness and taking a soft stand and in America's case it is just them taking the exact stance someone like Russia would. Russians hate a soft leader, they want someone strong, they want someone that will stand up and not care if he says things that offend people.

I think in many ways that Trump is similar to Reagan (in the way that the American public view him), the world was worried that the US had a president that might just start a nuclear war in Reagan, the Russians believed he might just start one too (though I don't think that Russia believes that of Trump).

Ironically Reagan is also only president since FDR whose party won 3 elections straight.

The other thing this election has one is sent a message that the polls are flawed and that the American and World media won't drive and election result, in fact telling the American's they have to reject Trump may just be a fillip in Trumps armory because I think it is becoming apparent that the average American sees the media as part of the establishment they are rejecting.

It has been a scary world for the last few years and it just got scarier yesterday and the world is holding it's breath to see what it means for the different regions of the world, but all anyone can do is wait and see.

Very interesting times ahead

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL