Skip to main content
Topic: Round 7 Green Shoot of the Week!! (Read 15850 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 7 Green Shoot of the Week!!

Reply #60
That kick inside by SPS on the members wing to Gibbs. I've watched it several times and I can't see him move his head to look to his left. How he spotted Gibbs I don't actually know. ????

There was also a kick on the wing on his wrong foot.    Kicks just as well on his left  

Reply #61
There was also a kick on the wing on his wrong foot.    Kicks just as well on his left

I know the one you mean. Laces out but can't remember who to, our playing did not have to break stride and was under some heat. From memory, SPS didn't have oodles of time either and was hemmed in on the wing.

Reply #62
That one stood out for me. Looked like he was going inboard that caressed a left foot kick parallel to the boundary to spot up Wright on the flank.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
Stop it guys.... i wont be able to leave my desk...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #64
That kick inside by SPS on the members wing to Gibbs. I've watched it several times and I can't see him move his head to look to his left. How he spotted Gibbs I don't actually know. ????
I put that as my green shoot earlier in the thread as well, I have watched it over and over again and I still don't know how he actually kicked it! looks like he kicked it off his ankle on purpose but it went like  a bullet, not many players I could name in the game who could pull off that kick, maybe none.

Reply #65
The big thing for me is this contrast;

Merrett over at CheatsFC basically gathers oodles of inefficient touches at the expense of some team-mate dealing with his damaging direct opponent. Mostly empty possessions.

SPS covers his opponent, wins the footy and delivers it with efficiency, even wins it back when things go wrong! Invaluable is the best description I can find!

That should have the desk rising Shadsey!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
SPS rising star nomination.  I'm going early but he's due!

I'll take a small win even though it would have been an injustice for him not to get nominated
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67

I've been referring to this for a the duration of Samo's career ::) He's got exceptional visuospatial skills. There's cross cultural research looking at this phenomenon. It's a skill that is well developed in Aboriginal people in comparison to white folk. My personal experience with Aboriginal people leaves me forever amazed at this highly developed skill. My guess is the more one attunes to the environment the more developed this skill.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.