I think we can make a couple of adjustments to our team now :

B : Docherty, TBA, TBA
HB : TBA, Weitering, Plowman
C : TBA, Cripps, TBA
HF : Gibbs, TBA, TBA
F : TBA, TBA, TBA
R : TBA, Murphy, TBA
I/C : TBA, TBA, C. Curnow, TBA

I'm looking for Byrne, Sumner, Boekhorst & someone from the ruck division to put their hand up too !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Our "AFL Final Four 22"

Reply #17
Considering all your TBA, I would have omitted Gibbs.

His super coach scores are the only thing good about his footy this year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
B :  TBA, Jack Silvagni Jnr (SOJ),TBA
HB : TBA, TBA, TBA
C : TBA, Oscar Judd, TBA
HF : TBA, TBA, TBA
R : TBA, Oscar's Brother(s), TBA
I/C : TBA, TBA, TBA, Simpson :D

Reply #19
Sam Kerridge will make that list.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #20
Interesting reading this thread, how attitudes have changed in just a few games! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Considering all your TBA, I would have omitted Gibbs.

His super coach scores are the only thing good about his footy this year.

Gibbs is the prime example of why we are such an ordinary team.

We simply get next to nothing, on the whole, out of our ENTIRE senior group.....whether injured, disinterested or whatever.

1. Murphy
2. Gibbs
3. Kreuzer
4. Walker
5. Thomas
6. Jamison
7. Everitt
8. Rowe - been serviceable in 2016 imo.

Three #1s draft picks, 2 #2 picks, etc.

Leaving 1AW out of the mix due to injury - the other 7 are actually producing less in 2016 (granted only 4 games in) than they did in 2015 - and that's saying something.

These are the guys that should be the engine of the team out there - think Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis (retired?), Burgoyne, Gibson, Roughy - you never, ever see these blokes go missing.....so why do ours repeatedly?

Focusing on Gibbs, even if he gets 30 disposals, we all know 25 of them are soft, on the outside, gets that have no real impact on the game.

Shame we can't trade players mid season.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22

We simply get next to nothing, on the whole, out of our ENTIRE senior group.....whether injured, disinterested or whatever.

1. Murphy
2. Gibbs
3. Kreuzer
4. Walker
5. Thomas
6. Jamison
7. Everitt

Leaving 1AW out of the mix due to injury - the other 7 are actually producing less in 2016 (granted only 4 games in) than they did in 2015 - and that's saying something.

These are the guys that should be the engine of the team out there - think Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis (retired?), Burgoyne, Gibson, Roughy - you never, ever see these blokes go missing.....so why do ours repeatedly?

Focusing on Gibbs, even if he gets 30 disposals, we all know 25 of them are soft, on the outside, gets that have no real impact on the game.

Many on here and at the club have over rated these guys for years.
If you are top 10 draft pick and not elite by 24, questions really should be asked.
And when I say elite, that means in more than one facet of the game. Clearance, Tackling, Speed, Leadership, Disposal, Goal Kicking, Defence.
Our guys are just way too happy to say they are AFL footballers, not successful AFL footballers.
Thanks for the great pay check.
It's such a shame we don't have incentivized payments via ladder position.
Imagine if Gibbs and Murphy earned 18% less for finishing last.

Reply #23
I left Simmo out for obvious reasons - always tries his guts out even if his time is coming to an end.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24

1. Murphy
2. Gibbs
3. Kreuzer
4. Walker
5. Thomas
6. Jamison
7. Everitt

Have no fear FB. The winds of change are now blowing strongly through our ranks and within the next year or two only those hungry for success and willing to work hard will remain.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
Many on here and at the club have over rated these guys for years.
Not me ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
Have no fear FB. The winds of change are now blowing strongly through our ranks and within the next year or two only those hungry for success and willing to work hard will remain.

Chapters in the next Carlton FC history book - decade by decade...

1995-2004
Blues Become Most Successful Team Ever

2005-2014
The Wasted Years

2015-2024
The Long Road Back
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #27

1. Murphy
2. Gibbs
3. Kreuzer
4. Walker
5. Thomas
6. Jamison
7. Everitt

I'll cut Murphy some slack because of an interrupted pre-season with his shoulder. Will do the same for Jammo as he's been a great servant but is obviously finished, a place all players get to eventually. Walker had a decent first game but hasn't played.

Now i've said that, I agree.

Reply #28
I think we can make a couple of adjustments to our team now :

B : Docherty, TBA, TBA
HB : TBA, Weitering, Plowman
C : TBA, Cripps, TBA
HF : Gibbs, TBA, TBA
R : TBA, Murphy, TBA
I/C : TBA, TBA, C. Curnow, TBA

I'm looking for Byrne, Sumner, Boekhorst & someone from the ruck division to put their hand up too !!

I hope that TBA guy is versatile. You have him filling alot of positions...lol!

Reply #29
Im already depressed enough as it is with this team this is even more depressing...

Surely we will need to smartly trade some players in and throw some big dollars at key full forward. Jonathon Patton anyone?