Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Freo in Freo Practice Match (Read 14011 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Freo in Freo Practice Match

Reply #30
For me it's the mobility of Kayo, from an armchair to the garage and into the garden, it goes where I go big screen or thumbnail!

I've got friends and relatives that watch it everywhere, from sitting by a river fishing (which seems somewhat antithetical) to rolling around the countryside on a slow steam train to nowhere!

Of course temporally, if you have great self-control and can wait, then you can watch it at anytime, from live as it happens or in a delay of a second or a year!

If Carlton is on it can become a real problem. I've been chastised by the trouble and strife for having it on my phone at a wedding reception in Lygon St, but I can't think of a more appropriate location! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
I've been with Kayo since the first week of its existence.

Only had streaming issues a couple of times, and that was more about the device i was using rather than the service itself.

As an example of how useful it can be....
I've been at a beach house i'm renovating without any internet....but i have an oldish TV there. I take a laptop, which i hotspot from my phone. Bring up Kayo on the laptop and HDMI it to the TV (it doesn't have mirroring, or the KAYO app on the TV)
Never had an issue with streaming with that setup....and thats simply mobile phone internet.

Reply #32
Best we get ourselves in shape early. Want a 100pt win over Richmond round 1....haha.

Who plays Gold Coast first game? Lol!

Swamp
@sirswampthing
Teams to be sitting on top of the
@AFL ladder at the end of round 01 in
leap years this century
2000 - ESS
2004 PORT
2008 - HAW
2012 - SYD
2016 - WBD
Premiers in leap years this century
2000 - ESS
2004 - PORT
2008 - HAW
2012 - SYD
2016 - WBD

Reply #33
Sloppy first quarter. Too slow to react and ordinary ball use.  Poulson did a couple of very nice things......

Reply #34
Where's the leadership?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
What a miserable, disheartening half of football.  No improvement whatsoever in ball skills.  Another long year ahead.

Reply #36
Skills still awful.  Not much to get excited about.

Watching 2 bottom teams.

Reply #37
Where's the skills?

Martin is showing a bit in a very lacklustre effort.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
It's a practice game but I wouldn't be happy with that result.   Struggled to kick goals and couldn't defend.

Losing to that mob at any time is not acceptable.

Not a great start.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
Diabolical decision making AND BALL USE.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40

Can’t really take to much out of that but I expect much more from Setterfield and Dow.

Our bottom tier of Kennedy, Poulson, Gibbons, Pittonet etc simply isn’t much chop. Depth a bit of an issue I’m afraid

Reply #41
It may be just a pre-season game but I suspect that we are in for yet another long and frustrating season  :(

It was good that Doc got through the game unscathed.  Of the new blokes, Martin showed a bit and Pittonet did OK.

Can we get Daisy back as a supplementary pick?

Reply #42
Can’t really take to much out of that but I expect much more from Setterfield and Dow.

Our bottom tier of Kennedy, Poulson, Gibbons, Pittonet etc simply isn’t much chop. Depth a bit of an issue I’m afraid

Big call when Cripps, Eddie, Plow, the Guv, Big H, Charlie, Murphy aren't out there at all and guys like Special k and Jack M play a half at most.

Still lots of dumb, dumb, dumb ball use.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #43
43 to 90, that should put a dent in things (praccy match or not).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #44
Carlton just being Carlton. Why change a losing formula? We've perfected it over the past 20 years. This year will be no different. Bottom 2 guaranteed. We're officially the new St Kilda... Embarassing!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...