Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness (Read 33401 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game celebrations: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #15
Kudos to Nick Graham, I've never been a rap for him but he didn't put a foot wrong today and mixed it up with the best of them, great game from Doc as well.

Conditions suited Graham, bit slippery, lots of ground ball, not sure he's the man for Etihad Stadium. Horses for courses is my preferred policy, he's capable of dealing with a Swans type physical game style though, and good form has been rewarded.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Conditions suited Graham, bit slippery, lots of ground ball, not sure he's the man for Etihad Stadium. Horses for courses is my preferred policy, he capable of dealing with a Swans type physical game style though and good form has been reserved.

His ball use today was better than I've seen from him in the past, still just 22 so there's scope for improvement.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #17
Nice win, for the first time in a looooong time we had some structure in our forward line. ????

- Dare I say it kroozer had a bit of the brad ottens about him today
- tommy williamson, take a bow, backed himself in and halved so many contests he actually had no right to. Allowed Simmo to push up the ground
- sps, sometimes tries things that aren't on but love that he is creative and not frightened
- Charlie wasn't as good as last week but still linked up nicely, that mark in the third to set up simmo runnning thru ????
- Cripps, murph, Ed stood up well
- and Alex silvagni, welcome mate sensational debut.

Fair play to the match committee, picked a good side that gave us a chance and the players clearly believed. Well coached today also

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness

Reply #18
Yep, stupid stuff from Rohan, a bloke I have never rated.

Fine four quarter effort today, no passengers.  I hope Jack just got a stinger, he's already had one shoulder reco.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
Yep, stupid stuff from Rohan, a bloke I have never rated.

Fine four quarter effort today, no passengers.  I hope Jack just got a stinger, he's already had one shoulder reco.

I think it's his other shoulder, they are saying fracture free it will be four weeks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Apparently Kreuz also went off injured - any details available?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
I thought Weitering was great today along with C Curnow provided us with a link through half forward that we often haven't had.

Williamson provided strong contests and good run.

A Silvagni was great today.

Reply #24
The media are talking Rohan up like he's a hero, but those who haven't been watching get on the AFL website and have a look at the replay.

Rohan was basically doing a Ziebell and came off worse, took his eyes off the ball, jumped front on with knee raised into Rowe who was chest marking the ball!

Exactly!

Now that he has been cleared of serious injury, I'm quite comfortable stating that he copped what he deserved.  He quite clearly attempted to hurt Rowe with an unrealistic, poorly disguised attempt to mark/spoil.  Rowe bravely took the mark but I don't think the umpire was going to pay a free.

If the MRP was serious Rohan should be cited.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
Exactly!

Now that he has been cleared of serious injury, I'm quite comfortable stating that he copped what he deserved.  He quite clearly attempted to hurt Rowe with an unrealistic, poorly disguised attempt to mark/spoil.  Rowe bravely took the mark but I don't think the umpire was going to pay a free.

If the MRP was serious Rohan should be cited.

Yes, no way you want to see any player seriously injured, but that was 100% his fault - dumb, unprofessional, uncoordinated. Whatever he was attempting, that's an epic fail.

Rowe is rapidly becoming one of my top 5 fav players.

Reply #26
x2.  Should be cited for charging or unduly rough play.  The fact that he knocked himself out, well, that's karma.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
Apparently Kreuz also went off injured - any details available?
Cramped up when he marked in goaled from the square.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
Seven months ago, we were all watching the Grand Final saying 'How far off these two sides are we!!'  Tides can turn both ways very quickly!!

Reply #29
Why worry about Rohan, he's OK and we scored a goal from that passage of play.

Instead lets talk about Williamson, Samo, Fisher, CC ..... outstanding in patches but a serious glimpse of what is to come.

Docherty - B&F form. Simmo back to form.

I wonder if the Buddy cheap shot galvanised the group before the bounce, we looked to hunt in packs today.

It was funny to listen to Roos defend Sydney, stating that they had so many young players in their side. Hannberry, Kennedy, Parker, Buddy, Reid, Sinclair...... some perennial AA players and grand finalists in those 6.

Great win, can't wait to watch it again.