Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness (Read 33405 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness

Reply #150
This is why a medical report shouldn't be anything to do with a penalty.

I heard "experts" explain this incident as Gary misjudging the ball in the air and ensuring he made a contest after committing to try and win it as explanation for this wreckless action.

I think the term you are looking for is "eggspurts"! :o

The variability in the Ziebell / Rohan decisions / non-decisions is key to why the MRP and AFL have got things so wrong. Let's not even introduce the Gibbs sling tackle relative to other events. The MRP is clearly untenable in the long term, player contracts signed or not, I suspect it's going to eventually lead to litigation one day.

What Rohan did endangered Rowe. I think Rohan was lucky he picked a seasoned AFL player and experienced ruckmen to do this to, Rowe basically turned his body like he would in a ruck contest and Rohan effectively self-harmed. If it had been someone like Weitering or Marchbank things could have turned very nasty!

If you want to get these issues highlighted, now is a really good time to write a letter to the editor of any Fairfax rag. While the journalist/blogger strike is on the management are desperate for ideas and content!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #151
As others have mentioned, he (Rohan) was never in the contest, was never going to get there to make a contest AND he took his eyes off the ball completely.....

Nothing brave in it and he should have got done....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #152
I really think this hasn't been given the attention it requires.
I'm really thrilled Rohan escaped serious injury but his actions need to be addressed.
Had he not been injured there is little doubt he'd be missing weeks.
The fact that he hurt himself should not excuse the actions.
He could have done serious injury to Rowe.
He could have done serious injury to himself.
So in an identical incident any player cited can now point to the video of Rohan and say "There was no penalty here I should be OK".

I actually put that on facebook and tagged the AFL as well.

Donuts.

I never thought there was even a slim chance that Rohan would get cited, but i'd hoped that the question was at least asked on some footy shows. Nope.

Reply #153
I actually put that on facebook and tagged the AFL as well.

Donuts.

I never thought there was even a slim chance that Rohan would get cited, but i'd hoped that the question was at least asked on some footy shows. Nope.

How could such a brave bloke be cited?

It may have been different if Rohan hadn't been injured but it is quite clear to me that Rohan's sole intention was to hurt Rowe.  He looked directly at him and leapt so that his knees would collect Rowe's upper body and head.  At no stage did he try to mark or spoil.

I reckon Rowe can consider himself lucky that he wasn't done for tunnelling  >:(

I reiterate my suggestion that ex-footballers be removed from the MRP and one of the replacements be a footy mum.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball