Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness (Read 33393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness

Reply #30
I havent seen the replay yet, but Cos's chase down of the player going for the certain goal was team lifting stuff (was the city end and my eyes aren't great, I'm punt road end).

The cheers that went up from the supporters every time buddy was deprived of the ball was spine tingling. I think they were cheering the boys on for the effort required to get the ball back every time buddy threatened to do something.

The thing that stood out for me, especially the first 12 - 13 mins of the 3rd quarter was how we didn't do any silly turnovers and gifted them easy goals.

Not to sure if they showed it on TV but right on the first bounce our boys swarmed buddy and were giving it to him, I'm not to sure what happened there but i enjoyed it.

SOS - "I hated losing"

Reply #31
Went to the game, great win. The boys seemed to adjust tactics after qtr time. The mids all clamped down on their mids and didnt let them clear the ball. They also tackled much better and ensured they brought them to ground. If you let them stand up on the tackle, they get it out more often than not. Alex Silvagni take a bow. Rowe supurb again as was Doc (something like 90% plus DE). He and Simmo had it 70 times btw them. Great effort across the board, as someone said, no passengers. But the standout for me was the Big Tractor. Ran himself into the ground for 4 qtrs. Best game I have seen him play in a very long time. And we battled the umps all day, some shocking decisions. McInerney you are a disgrace, retire already, the game has passed you by. Anyway, not getting too excited, we only beat the bottom team ;D ;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
Herald sun has no report of the game, just the Rohan incident.
They have already been hauled over the coals for biased reporting this year.
So glad they hate us winning so much

Reply #33
Fargum
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
But the standout for me was the Big Tractor. Ran himself into the ground for 4 qtrs. Best game I have seen him play in a very long time.

Maybe warming him up on the wing is SpecialK's thing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
Just got back from the game. One of the best wins I've watched in many years.

What I loved most was we had 7 players in under 21 and when a seasoned outfit and one that has a lot of pride staring down a 0/6 start came at us at the end of the 3rd term I thought they would run over us. We looked done. Weitering was cooked and being down a rotation most of the day looked to be taking a big toll on the younger bodies.

But we re charged at 3QT and then blew me away with their desire and effort in the last when several more players 
looked very sore. To run away from a very mentally tough team and yes I know they haven't won a game and I don't care - they would have wanted the win and the Carlton teams of the past would have rolled over in the past against a seasoned and tough opposition....but this one didn't.

Bolton gets questioned a lot on here about the clubs willingness to play young kids when they look a little sore well I watched some real character today and I think these guys getting used to playing thru some niggles have instilled it in them. He said they need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable he said there need to endure. Well that toughness helped us get the win today and I have no doubt will hold us in good stead. 

Very proud with how we are going. Charlie marchbank and Williamson.....amazing to watch how much we are getting from some an inexperienced group.

Special mention to our big number 8. Been saying it for ages but have to re sign him to a decent extension.  Does any player give more then him? 

Bring on the pies.

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game celebrations: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #36
Great win by the boys, if we can turn games into a fight we go OK.
What a difference Matty Kreuzer makes eh?
Kudos to Nick Graham, I've never been a rap for him but he didn't put a foot wrong today and mixed it up with the best of them, great game from Doc as well.

Apart from dropping a pic in the first. His kick to kruezer in the last was very good.

Reply #37
fantastic win, hard, fierce intensity and you can see, they weren't prepared to get hurt.
A silvagni is the grunt down back we've needed and probably the reason we were able to hold on.
Pleasing win, great effort.
Next week will be buckleys last game

Reply #38
The Silvagni "blanket superstar forward in heroic fashion" gene needs to be studied, isolated and patented by the CFC.

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game celebrations: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #39
Just got home from the game.
Thought Simmo was bog. Was our everywhere man.
Cos got to contests through sheer determination, contests he had no right to get to but wouldnt give up.
Kruez fantastic.
I wanna make special mention of Bòult. For all the crap he cops on this site and the media, my God he works hard.
Williamson could be the best pick of all of them this yr. Gun.
Fisher is so composed with the ball. Loving him too.

Imo, Weiters needs a rest. Looks injured to me.

How nice is it to walk back to your car , smiling after a win. Thanks boys.????????????????????????????????????
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #41

To be fair, it IS a bigger story.

The report will come, if its not there already.

Rohan nearly killed himself. Had it been against anyone else on our list, he probably would've killed them! Hero? Hardly.

Reply #42
To be fair, it IS a bigger story.

The report will come, if its not there already.

Rohan nearly killed himself. Had it been against anyone else on our list, he probably would've killed them! Hero? Hardly.

How can it be Rowe doesn't get a free, it seems bizarre!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
How can it be Rowe doesn't get a free, it seems bizarre!

My understanding is that the minute a player takes his eye off the ball and looks at the player, it's pretty much an automatic free. I was also wondering why Rowe wasn't paid.

Reply #44
My understanding is that the minute a player takes his eye off the ball and looks at the player, it's pretty much an automatic free. I was also wondering why Rowe wasn't paid.

True - and add the push grundy did on SOJ in the goal square im the first quarter.

No free there.

Then 45 secs later kruezer rag dolls Sinclair all within 5 metres and is pinged for it.

Very frustrating.