Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 63011 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #60
And can I say IMO our defence, which was solid as a rock last year, has looked less than effective in the first two rounds (and the JLT). Defenders seem to be constantly getting caught out of position, are we missing Docherty's on field direction? I would say my bloody oath we are. But we knew he was going to be out for a long time, he is on the sidelines with headphones, why arent they correcting their mistakes?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Not five minutes....but three years is more than enough to see some progress.

If any other coach in our history served up that he would probably be gone.
I like Bolton...I think he's probably a good developer of young talent and a good teacher.
But if other clubs shoot past us.
If other clubs have that hard ruthless winning edge...
Bolton will not survive.
We're not patient enough...life's too short.

But lods, Bolton has just coached his 2nd game in his 3rd season. It's not 3 seasons, it's barely 2.

If we don't give Bolton a fair run, and I mean 5 years as coach, then we are a rubbish organisation that deserves to be skewered and lampooned for all eternity.

Reply #62
Did you expect to win today?

Well can I answer?

I was hoping to win, I wasn't expecting to win, but I wasn't expecting what happened either. It's the way this defeat came about that makes it as bad as a 20+ goals loss!

The lower margin probably says more about the current state of GC than Carlton!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
It's not Bolton's fault, we've just got too many ordinary footballers on our list.
It comes from butchering the draft for as long as we did and it will take another two or three years to build our stocks.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #64
It's not Bolton's fault, we've just got too many ordinary footballers on our list.
It comes from butchering the draft for as long as we did and it will take another two or three years to build our stocks.

So it's SOS then, his recruiters, list managers and the rest of the MC.

No?

Even worse for us, when there is opportunity-a-plenty for players in the VFL, Port handed them(our AFL prospects) their ar5e on a platter.

Perhaps they don't want promotion!

Is it too hot in the kitchen for most of our cooks? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
But lods, Bolton has just coached his 2nd game in his 3rd season. It's not 3 seasons, it's barely 2.

If we don't give Bolton a fair run, and I mean 5 years as coach, then we are a rubbish organisation that deserves to be skewered and lampooned for all eternity.

No judgements will be made by Carlton admin before the end of the season...maybe longer.
But for supporters two years in the job is more than enough for a honeymoon period.
In fact as far as this place goes Bolton has been given a fair run compared to others.
Watch now as the criticism on this forum begins to grow if success doesn't start to happen.
...and that's fair enough.
Folks are starting to question selections and tactics...and that's what drives a discussion group like this one.

Reply #66
Did you expect to win today?

Did you expect to replace Kreuzer with Polson?

I was far from certain about today. Polson for Krooz was crazy.

Reply #67
When everything is said and done, players mission g accounted for etc etc, the end result is this —-

Not good enough effort out there.

That’s what stings - the effort was crap and half hearted.

Reply #68
Selecting Polson,  period.  No K replacement.   No forward or defensive organisation...  Time to ask serious questions of Mr Bolton.  

Not happy Jan.   I didn't expect to win but I thought this crap was behind us.

PS.   We need some hard as nails inside midfielders,  I still would have gone for LDU.   Our midfield  is small and slow.

Mullet is ca ca.  Soft and suspect under any pressure,  but he ain't the lone ranger.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #69
Folks are starting to question selections and tactics...and that's what drives a discussion group like this one.

If you are some kid on an AFL list with 2 or 3 years to prove your worth, and you are picked up by a club offering up this sort of sh1t, you'll be asking some very hard questions behind the scenes. That makes for disunity, and that is what we look like, a club without unity!

How does that fit with the message over the last few years?

Is SoJ one of those kids, how does his old man fit into all this, who can BB trust?

So many conflicts of interest, so much potential for things to go so very wrong!

Hughesy and Co., better get onto the overtime making those videos, we probably need one for every unsigned member!

Full Post Match Vid HERE

Quotes;

It's not a catastrophe, we must not catastrophise!
It's an easy fix!
We had a plan to cover the loss of Kreuzer, he was close! :o
We weren't smashed in the clearances.
It's hard to explain.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Pies looking ominous for next week.

Reply #71
17 more inside 50s and we lose by 6 gls...  :o >:(

Something is not right between Weitering's lugholes. He has to be rested or given a run in the magoos to get some touch and confidence... it's almost cruel putting him out there at present.

Now we know what our worst looks like, it was almost as if we explored every possible avenue of how to FU hard fought opportunities. So many skill errors, so many poor decisions. Gee I hope we don't put in another one like that. So, so, so, so inefficient which means no reward for effort which means a drop in confidence.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #72
Pies looking ominous for next week.

An Easter full of joy, I'm off to fill an egg full of gin and celebrate! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
An Easter full of joy! :D

Sports fans are a fairly jittery bunch : unable to see or predict the future, worried about adverse historical events repeating, they need and seek constant reassurance from their team - progress, wins, effort etc. Any blips on the radar are usually jumped upon and dealt with poorly. And I'm up there with the worst in this respect. But sometimes it's best to step back, and at the very least, wait until we have a larger sample space to work with, before we draw any conclusions.

Reply #74
Selecting Polson,  period.  No K replacement.   No forward or defensive organisation...  Time to ask serious questions of Mr Bolton.  

Not happy Jan.   I didn't expect to win but I thought this crap was behind us.

PS.   We need some hard as nails inside midfielders,  I still would have gone for LDU.   Our midfield  is small and slow.

Mullet is ca ca.  Soft and suspect under any pressure,  but he ain't the lone ranger.

Don't know about you but I expected a win being at home. 3rd year in I expect to win these types of games. I said last week that a great effort against Richmond would mean nothing if we lost to the likes of the Gold Coast. Not only did we lose we lost as poorly as I can imagine.

They touched us up last year in Melbourne only for us to return the favour in Qld. It reminded of those games we have played against the Lions the last 2 years. Good performances leading up, expecting to win and the players don't come to play thinking it will just happen.