Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting) (Read 69488 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting)

Reply #15
Eddie will beat up  on Buckley and if I was the Crows I would be hoping that matchup happens.....Eddie is very strong in the body and a good contested mark for his lack of inches and I would be going for a taller mobile defender

MM was saying that he would rotate a few blokes on Eddie, if he plays. And Buckley would be one of those to further help him learn a stronger defensive side to his game. Makes good sense. Better to do it now than when 4 points is on the line.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
Eddie will beat up  on Buckley and if I was the Crows I would be hoping that matchup happens.....Eddie is very strong in the body and a good contested mark for his lack of inches and I would be going for a taller mobile defender

The types we have that will most likely play on him (Walker, Tuohy, Yarran) can smash him going back the other way. Eddie's not really used to following his man up the ground and defending. Walker could run him off his feet.

Reply #18
Yup, history says any reasonable small forward causes us headaches but practice match so it doesn't matter.

Eddie can play on emotion though so an opportunity to get rid of some nerves if he plays, I'd rather him carry that into the season...

Reply #20
I'd rather him carry that into the season...

I agree. rather he stews on the emotion of playing against us during the week of the real season rather than getting it out of the way now. Love him but hope he flops against us
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #21
CARLTON v ADELAIDE
Monday, February 24
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne, 7.10pm AEST

CARLTON
2. Troy Menzel, 3. Marc Murphy, 4. Bryce Gibbs, 6. Kade Simpson, 7. Dylan Buckley, 8. Matthew Kreuzer, 9. Kane Lucas, 10. Matthew Watson, 12. Mitch Robinson, 13. Chris Yarran, 14. Brock McLean, 16. Patrick Cripps, 17. Sam Rowe, 21. Josh Bootsma, 26. Andrew McInnes, 28. Tom Bell, 29. Heath Scotland (R), 30. Jarrad Waite, 31. Luke Reynolds (R), 33. Andrejs Everitt, 35. Ed Curnow, 36. Cameron Wood (R), 37. Jaryd Cachia (R), 38. Jeff Garlett, 39. Dale Thomas, 40. Michael Jamison, 41. Levi Casboult, 43. Simon White, 46. David Ellard

No Eddie Betts in the Crows Squad.

Reply #22
I would be going for a taller mobile defender

Anyone specific in mind EB?

Zac Touhy ...or Andrew Walker...
None made the cut for this week....including Eddie!

Reply #23
I would be going for a taller mobile defender

Anyone specific in mind EB?

Zac Touhy ...or Andrew Walker...
None made the cut for this week....including Eddie!

Unfortunately that's because Tuohy & Walker copped injuries last week. Hopefully nothing serious.

Reply #24
CARLTON v ADELAIDE
Monday, February 24

CARLTON
2. Troy Menzel, 3. Marc Murphy, 4. Bryce Gibbs, 6. Kade Simpson, 7. Dylan Buckley, 8. Matthew Kreuzer, 9. Kane Lucas, 10. Matthew Watson, 12. Mitch Robinson, 13. Chris Yarran, 14. Brock McLean, 16. Patrick Cripps, 17. Sam Rowe, 21. Josh Bootsma, 26. Andrew McInnes, 28. Tom Bell, 29. Heath Scotland (R), 30. Jarrad Waite, 31. Luke Reynolds (R), 33. Andrejs Everitt, 35. Ed Curnow, 36. Cameron Wood (R), 37. Jaryd Cachia (R), 38. Jeff Garlett, 39. Dale Thomas, 40. Michael Jamison, 41. Levi Casboult, 43. Simon White, 46. David Ellard

Players missing... Judd, Carrazzo, Henderson, Walker, Tuohy, Armfield, Warnock, Graham, Doherty, Temay, Giles, Holman, Johnson, Byrne, Sheehan, (Duigan).

Reply #25
Kreuzer in! Great news.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
I notice (unless Ive read incorrectly) that 206 isn't playing. Will be great to see a Wood Kruiz ruck combo in action, along with seeing Thomas in action for blues for the first time.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #27
CARLTON v ADELAIDE
Monday, February 24

CARLTON

Players missing... Judd, Carrazzo, Henderson, Walker, Tuohy, Armfield, Warnock, Graham, Doherty, Temay, Giles, Holman, Johnson, Byrne, Sheehan, (Duigan).
Glad it isn't a real game with all that class missing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
Dale Thomas is set to play his first game for Carlton and Matthew Kreuzer will be a welcome return after being selected to face Adelaide in the NAB Challenge clash at Etihad Stadium on Monday night.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dale-thomas-to-debut-for-carlton-against-adelaide-in-nab-challenge-20140222-3394g.html#ixzz2u3TagyXL
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #29
Glad it isn't a real game with all that class missing.

Five players listed are class. The others aren't in our starting 22.

The inclusions of Simpson, Kreuzer, Thomas, Garlett and Jamison offset any deficit from the excluded.
IN WADA WE TRUST