Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood  (Read 16742 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood

Reply #60
That's inner Melbourne,  polluted by man bag toting,  scraggy beard wearing,  pot gutted hipster spankers.  What's the world coming to win you can't get a can of green death and a pie at the footy but you can a vegan chicken biryani and a micro brewery boutique cider.

No wonder the VFL's dead,  kill tradition for "progress".
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #61
That's inner Melbourne,  polluted by man bag toting,  scraggy beard wearing,  pot gutted hipster spankers.  What's the world coming to win you can't get a can of green death and a pie at the footy but you can a vegan chicken biryani and a micro brewery boutique cider.

One for the ages. :)

Reply #62

No wonder the VFL's dead,  kill tradition for "progress".

Classic. Gold.  :)) :))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #64
:)) :)) :)) tragic news, glad I didn't go though it would have been good to see the gutsy win and have a chin wag with RR, who probably saw there were no pies and thought to himself, 'Well, bugger all chance Baggers will turn up today!! :).

I looked around but gave up after checking out the food vendor.

Reply #65

Kennedy - to suggest Graham is a better player is pure stupidity. Just my opinion and I have yet to see anything to give me any cause to form another one. Kennedy's pace and performance is reminiscent of Brock McLean when he first joined us and Brock worked his butt off to eventually became a useful player so I haven't given up hope that Kennedy will too. Probably suffers from expectations that he has come nowhere near to realizing.

Stocker - 19yo in his second outing with the big boys....again, slack needed!  Of course - but having a look at Stocker was one of the main reasons I went along and my expectations were not met.

Reply #66
RR, don't take fly too personally.

He won't really allow a negative opinion.

Stocker will be ok, but we need to finish close to adelaide on the ladder to even out expectations.

The fact that adelaide did that trade suggests the talent at last years draft for this pick was fairly slim and that they'd get the player they wanted at a later pick anyway, and that they thought they could improve this years draft position significantly enough to make the exercise worthwhile.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67
I've a work associate who is a Filth tragic, he seemed quite impressed by Kennedy. He said he looked rusty but for a first up hitout after injury he got plenty of football and was probably directly responsible for three 2nd half goals that helped win us the game. He said Kennedy hit up two of our forwards in the second half with serious foot passes, I'm assuming Fisher, Palmer or Kerr.

He also said he cannot understand why we have given Fasolo a run ahead of a spot for Fisher, but he may mean Palmer!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68

Again, Kennedy has not yet had an injury free run at it with us.....

He's just 22 and played 30 odd games, only 12 with us....

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2015-11-24/matthew-kennedy-highlights

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2016-06-19/rd-13-matt-kennedy-three-on-debut
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69
RR, don't take fly too personally.

He won't really allow a negative opinion.

Stocker will be ok, but we need to finish close to adelaide on the ladder to even out expectations.

The fact that adelaide did that trade suggests the talent at last years draft for this pick was fairly slim and that they'd get the player they wanted at a later pick anyway, and that they thought they could improve this years draft position significantly enough to make the exercise worthwhile.
I'm sure RR can stand up for himself - and I'm more than happy for players to be criticised.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #70
Many thanks RR.
Comments from those at the game always of great interest.

We all see something different. The AFL media reported Kerr at hero status while Willo got plenty of the ball. Accolades to Goddard named BoG keeping Reid quiet.

Anyways a win's a win and the youngsters have clear indication where their development lies. As for the likes of Garlett and Lang, it's not so promising. Fasolo needs to find some form or he'll be next in line.
Kennedy. Well I think he can play a role but needs some injury free consistency to develop his weaknesses.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #71
I'm sure RR can stand up for himself - and I'm more than happy for players to be criticised.

Relax fly, it's not supposed to be an affront we are just discussing things.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72

He also said he cannot understand why we have given Fasolo a run ahead of a spot for Fisher, but he may mean Palmer!

Or he may mean Fisher, since he too looks a better proposition than Fas. 

Though on that logic he might as well mean you, me or Lance Whitnall at our respective current ages and states of match fitness.

Reply #74
Thanks for your insight RR much appreciated, what did you think of Frank Anderson? is he in contention along with  Sam Fisher maybe Jessie Palmer for the final place on the list?