Skip to main content
Topic: Who is in your team for Round 1? (Read 2852 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who is in your team for Round 1?

Reply #30
Cant see any of our backman being able to stop Dusty if he is on, just have to hope the ball doesnt get down there too often and he is having an off night. Preseason reports have him keen and fit which doesnt bode well...

Reply #31
Setterfield named ahead of Ed Curnow.

Otherwise as expected.

Reply #32
Ed doesn't get a game but Setterfield does? Can't understand it but I guess there's always a few surprises round 1. Wrapped Durdin is playing

Reply #33
I had Williamson and Kemp in ahead of Setterfield and Martin but I will concede to the MC ... just this once  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
Rocky got 20 out of 22 too, missing out on Kemp and Ed Curnow.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
Think I had Ed ahead of Setters and that was about it.....wonder how many chances Setterfield will get. Ed has been Mr Reliable over a number of years.

Reply #36
Cant see any of our backman being able to stop Dusty if he is on, just have to hope the ball doesnt get down there too often and he is having an off night. Preseason reports have him keen and fit which doesnt bode well...

To a certain extent, it doesn't matter who picks up Dusty when he goes forward ... if our team defence is working.

I'd like to see us mix it up a bit with McGovern, Williams, Saad, Docherty and Weitering all having a crack at him.

Reply #37
Think I had Ed ahead of Setters and that was about it.....wonder how many chances Setterfield will get. Ed has been Mr Reliable over a number of years.

Different roles though Surfie.  Hewett seems to have taken Ed's run with and in and under role while Setters is the defensive winger.  Setters has a bit of competition for that role ... and that's great.

Reply #38
Agree DJC....but didn't think Setterfield's form in the practice games warranted a spot in the 22....rather another run-with player like Curnow and maybe plonk Doc on the wing at stages.

Reply #39

Hope he comes under HARD scrutiny

Reply #40
While there was general agreement about most of the team, the fact that we have several players who were genuinely stiff to miss out on a spot is a very good sign.

Reply #41
While there was general agreement about most of the team, the fact that we have several players who were genuinely stiff to miss out on a spot is a very good sign.

Or some who may be dead lucky to still be getting a game!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Willo was the sub so I only missed out on Jack Martin for Kemp.

Is there an opening on the MC?  :))

Reply #43
Willo was the sub so I only missed out on Jack Martin for Kemp.

Is there an opening on the MC?  :))
Now be honest, what were your thoughts at Qtr time, was it sack the MC?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
Now be honest, what were your thoughts at Qtr time, was it sack the MC?

I thought that they should have had Kemp in the team  :)

No, to be honest I thought that we were unlucky to be behind and basically had the Tigers covered.  Jack Martin improved as the game wore on and I have to concede that the MC got that one right.

It's such a change to be struggling to find places for all of the players who deserve to be in the 23.