Skip to main content
Topic: The Barty Party (Read 14109 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Barty Party

Reply #15
Teenagers making finals is always scary. Often have ability but haven't been round long enough to get up the rankings. Semi final scared me for that reason, especially as the other girl knocked off Halep in the previous round.

The way Barty has picked up clay is extraordinary, but relative to the Czech she must still be less "up to date" on that surface.

I thought the variable conditions helped Barty last game, she handled the wind and drizzle much better than the US kid, particularly serving into the wind, the US kid obviously preferred playing in perfect Florida conditions or indoors!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
6-1 6-3. Just a great effort. Well done Ash.

Reply #17
Hardly raised a sweat

Reply #18
Fantastic.

Australia finally has a champion tennis player again. A player that just goes out there and plays the game because she loves it.

Take notice Nick the Dick.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #19
.. and that idiot Tomic.  

Reply #20
6-1 6-3. Just a great effort. Well done Ash.

What was it again? A 46 year drought? Great result Ash. Thank the lord you didn’t decide to leave and be a cricketer for the rest of your life. Only 23 years old, so you still have many years left to show the world what it is you can really do. ????
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
Her style of play is even better suited to grass...

She'll be seeded one or two - makes life a heck of a lot easier in the first few rounds!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22
Fantastic win and appropriate reward for effort ????????

A class act on and off the court!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
Well done Ash ????????

Champion player and person.

Reply #24
What was it again? A 46 year drought? Great result Ash. Thank the lord you didn’t decide to leave and be a cricketer for the rest of your life. Only 23 years old, so you still have many years left to show the world what it is you can really do. ????

10 year career from now - 2 or so slams a year....20+ EASY  ;)

No pressure though  ;D
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25
Thank the gods we have an impressive indigenous Aussie on the international circuit, not another d1ckhead/embarrassment like ...well, you know who they are.

Bravo Ash. Top effort and looking forward to seeing a lot more of your craft over the years.

Only one negative, she barracks for the Tiggers. Never too late, Ash... we'll welcome you with open arms at BlueBaggers land...  :) :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #26
I've a feeling she won't have a long career, she comes across as a person who wants a balanced life, far from having a monolithic approach like some of the tennis robots!

It came across like a win as a consequence of not worrying too much about it, yet still a desire to be professional and respectful! Almost Swed like!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
I've a feeling she won't have a long career, she comes across as a person who wants a balanced life, far from having a monolithic approach like some of the tennis robots!

It came across like a win as a consequence of not worrying too much about it, yet still a desire to be professional and respectful! Almost Swed like!

I think that her break from tennis and brief flirtation with cricket shows that Ash has a pretty good idea about what’s best for her.  That said, I’d be surprised if she doesn’t contest more than a few grand slam titles over the next four or five years ... and I hope she wins more than her share over a much longer career.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
https://live-tennis.eu/en/wta-live-ranking

Could well be #1 by Wimbledon!!

Gavrilova at #73 has sure lost her way of late - new coach needed Daria - and she's a Blues' girl!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!