Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 20351 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #75
game proved to me that daisy has to do the correct thing and walk away and graham has to be traded and our fwd coach needs to looked out
Harsh mina. Shane Watson is in his first year at the Club and just hasn't got the cattle at his disposal yet (whether theyhave been injured, not ready or not drafted yet). He is doing the best he can at trying to make a strawberry jam out of pig crap.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
Harsh mina. Shane Watson is in his first year at the Club and just hasn't got the cattle at his disposal yet (whether theyhave been injured, not ready or not drafted yet). He is doing the best he can at trying to make a strawberry jam out of pig crap.

Agree.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #77
game proved to me that daisy has to do the correct thing and walk away and graham has to be traded and our fwd coach needs to looked out

You think Daisy is going to walk away from 700k? None of us would.

Reply #78
........Weiters should win the Rising Star award but probably wont because he plays for Carlton. Either Parish (the feel sorry factor) or Caleb Daniel (everyone loves the Doggies factor) will win it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Weitering hasn't got a stone's throw in hell of winning the Rising Star.....not because he plays for Carlton, because of lack of sustained form. Started the season like a house on fire, but apart from maybe 2 performances I can think of, has been average at best the past 12 weeks. Mills, Daniel, Parish & Petracca have flown past him as if he were standing still.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #79
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Weitering hasn't got a stone's throw in hell of winning the Rising Star.....not because he plays for Carlton, because of lack of sustained form. Started the season like a house on fire, but apart from maybe 2 performances I can think of, has been average at best the past 12 weeks. Mills, Daniel, Parish & Petracca have flown past him as if he were standing still.

Game high 9 intercepts on the weekend says otherwise Brettie.....he's probably right at the pointy end in this stat too, league wide, but its too hard to find any concrete info on it.

The poise of the kid is unparalled in his position for his age.

Weiterings 'average' is probably better than T-birds best.

Reply #80
The rising star award is useful for one thing... punting.

Apart from that it is meaningless. Lewis Taylor won it FFS.

Reply #81

And there's this lol. Think about it, last years first and second were on show on the same ground at the same time. One, second in the NRS, willed his side over the line (or was instrumental in the win at least) with brute strength and determination in the clinches. The other, the winner, was at his petulant best. Nuff said.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #82
Game high 9 intercepts on the weekend says otherwise Brettie.....he's probably right at the pointy end in this stat too, league wide, but its too hard to find any concrete info on it.

The poise of the kid is unparalled in his position for his age.

Weiterings 'average' is probably better than T-birds best.

My thoughts too Kruddler - Weitering played very well on Sunday and has been very consistent over the season.  Hogan got the nod last season allegedly because it's harder to play as a key position player and the same consideration should have Weitering ahead.

However, I'm afraid that Bear is on the money too  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #83
Caleb Daniel deserves it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #84

The fact that it is voted for by "experts" at the end of the season, makes it meaningless.  It is like AA selection.  Just based on gut feeling, and not on any hard facts, or an analysis of game by game.  Easily influenced by who is talked up in the media....  I wouldnt be surprised if Nic Nat and Cyril get a few votes, just out of habit from the "experts"

As others have said - Daniel is a certainty - not only is he feel good factor (Doggies), but he will make a good story (little guy who was passed over!!)

Weiters should get a look in as he is a tall, who, while he may have fallen off a bit, is still a huge factor in holding together a pretty good back 6

BUT he wont

Reply #85
Interesting now that we have players now with real pace that can kick a long goal on the run with the like of Touhy, Buckley and Armfield to a lesser extent. Nothing more inspiring than seeing a speedster break the lines and kick a long goal from 50. Boekhorst had terrific pace too and looks like he'll be a decent player, just a bit up and down for now in regards to consistency. Reckon if we had got him at pick 40, instead of 19, then we would've said we had down well.