Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 28081 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #75
wake up the f.. up all of you.

they kicked 2.7 to 0.1 in Q2. it should have been a 10 goal plus smashing wee were that putrid....

Shame on the coaching staff for having no answers. it was obvious from the start.
100% Agree

Reply #76
Completely outcoached today.

Richmond figured out how to beat our defence and sliced through it almost effortlessly and with numbers every attacking thrust.

By contrast we made scoring much harder work than it needed to be because we ignored players in space in favour of speculative chances to score, and they set-up to kill our favourite forward entry by bombing long to a contest.

A lot to learn from today for our club. Any week hardwick looks a good coach is a poor week for his opponent.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #77
FARK

Graham, Smedtz, Bokehurst should never don a blue jumper again.  Lost this game at the selection table.  Stop playing these spuds please Mr. Greenshoots.

Reply #78
Jack S take a bow, took a big step up today.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #79
Pickett packed his dacks and ran under a near perfect pass!

There is a reason we ended up with Smedts, panic merchant!

Next!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Graham, Smedtz, Bokehurst should never don a blue jumper again.  Lost this game at the selection table.  Stop playing these spuds please Mr. Greenshoots.

problem is we dont have anyone else to come in  still lacking midfield depth

Reply #81
That's what happens with building a list I would have sumner please.

Reply #84
7 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 1 behind.

He has a dip and puts his body on the line. He looks like he belongs unlike a few others
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #85
He has a dip and puts his body on the line. He looks like he belongs unlike a few others

I'm sure he does. That hardly makes him effective, nor does it have anything to do with him taking a big step up.

So many of our players were down yesterday, it seems churlish to isolate one or two and make them carry the can. But let's not gild the lily here.

If his performance yesterday constitutes a step up, then my issues with him would appear to be well justified.

Reply #86
I'm sure he does. That hardly makes him effective, nor does it have anything to do with him taking a big step up.

So many of our players were down yesterday, it seems churlish to isolate one or two and make them carry the can. But let's not gild the lily here.

If his performance yesterday constitutes a step up, then my issues with him would appear to be well justified.

What concerned me about SOJ yesterday was his inability to stop his opponent(s) running off him.  While our team defence should minimise the impact of that, SOJ's opponent(s) was able to set up several Richmond forward thrusts.  As a small/medium forward SOJ (and Bolton) needs to find a way to stop opponents exploiting his lack of pace.  Samo and Pickett having off days and Lamb getting KOd probably didn't help.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #87
We were just not switched on - fumbled, poor disposal decisions, skill errors, pathetic tackling efforts to name just a few issues. We were caught flat footed and out of shape time and again and cut to ribbons with ease. The only saving grace was the eventual losing margin. In that the Tiggers were kind to us.

Anyway, the game provided further clarification as to this year's list management decisions. BTW, I thought Levi had a reasonably good overall  game and so did Charlie. Our midfield let us down, although I noticed that by the end we did square up on clearances a bit. Earlier we were being smashed.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #88

In no way did I agree that it was a big step up..... He was putrid along with many others.

What I was saying is he isn't afraid to put his body on the line and he looks a keeper.

A few others though........ hmmm.

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #89
7 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 1 behind.

Not a great performance from Jack, but don't forget it is only a week ago that he got a Rising Star nomination.

He's going OK for a young bloke only half way through his second season.

As you said PP, he wasn't the only one that was very ordinary yesterday.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.