Skip to main content
Topic: Who are the most improved this season? Rate your preferences 1,2 and 3 (Read 1997 times) previous topic - next topic

Who are the most improved this season? Rate your preferences 1,2 and 3

A resurrection of an old topic that I rested last year.

There's the most candidates we've had for a long long time. Jones won it two years ago.

Re: Who are the most improved this season? Rate your preferences 1,2 and 3

Reply #1
Levi, SPS or Weitering for me!

1st - Casboult
2nd - SPS
3rd - Weitering(Starting at a reasonable level.)

All three have gone to a high level or reliability from a variable base, I appreciate Weitering was already at a highish level so it's harder to improve the most from his starting point.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
I reckon Jack Silvagni's had a really good end to his year.
I'm more confident than I was at the start of the year that he's going to play a lot of games and is probably the pick of the late picks.

I'll have a think about 1, 2, 3

Reply #3
Levi .... easily

Reply #4
1 - Levi Casboult - I was sure that he couldn’t play in defence and I was pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong so decisively.

2 - Jack Silvagni - After a shaky start, Jack cemented a spot in the 22 through determination, effort, versatility and footy nous.

3 - Samo Petrevski-Seton - Samo’s pre-season objective was to be more consistent.  He achieved that and brought his impressive skill set to work as a creative and reliable defender.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
1. Casboult
2. Weitering
3. Thomas

Was actually disappointed in SPS this year but I have high expectations of him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6
1: Levi...added more strings to his bow and being a defender put some edge on his game.
2: Jack..went from battler to cementing a spot all based on hard work and good attitude.
3: Weitering...havent been his biggest fan but he held up well and I cant remember too many opponents dominating on him..
4: Special mention to Gibbons who improved as the season went on and to play every game bar the last through injury was a fair effort.

re: SPS like his ball use but he remains inconsistent, think he is still a midfielder and while he rebounds well from defense
we need him delivering the footy down forward and he needs to get more of the footy.

Reply #7
1: Levi...added more strings to his bow and being a defender put some edge on his game.
2: Jack..went from battler to cementing a spot all based on hard work and good attitude.
3: Weitering...havent been his biggest fan but he held up well and I cant remember too many opponents dominating on him..
4: Special mention to Gibbons who improved as the season went on and to play every game bar the last through injury was a fair effort.

re: SPS like his ball use but he remains inconsistent, think he is still a midfielder and while he rebounds well from defense
we need him delivering the footy down forward and he needs to get more of the footy.

Good point about Gibbons.  He really grew into an AFL footballer as the season progressed.  It will be interesting to see whether he continues to improve next season.  A full pre-season should help.

I can’t see Samo staying in defence.  I think it’s just a stage in his development.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Jack.

Levi, though being played in a position more suited to him helped a lot.

Hopefully this time next year this list would contain about 8 or more names.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Levi without a doubt - an absolute transformation. I was also most impressed with Jack who will now I think climb that beanstalk to become one of our stars/stalwarts.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
I'm basing it on how I thought they'd go at the start of the year so...

3.Levi
2.Jack
1.Weitering

Levi I thought would be just about finished, Jack would struggle for game time and Weitering would be a starting 22 and play some good football

Levi's probably fringe starting 22 even when everyone's fit.
Jack has just about cermented a spot.
...and Weitering is close to being our number one defender.

Reply #11
1. Jack- now integral to our team
2. Equal- Levi and Gibbons
Levi has had some huge games. Not to disparage him too much but just to justify why I dont have him at one is he also had a couple of real shockers too. But overall it was great to see him do a Lazarus (or should we be calling it a Jonesy?)
Gibbons was a major find for us. Came from nowhere for a spot on the list and proved himself every bit a first 22 player.

Reply #12
Levi and Jack are the stand-outs I reckon.

Weitering too, has been good. Gibbons came from nowhere and has made big impact.

Bam Kennedy showed a tiny bit promise and if he can have an injury free start to the 2020 season may well become a regular in our top ten.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.