Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - Second Test @ Lords  (Read 29206 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - Second Test @ Lords

Reply #15
Would have gone with Bird myself, perfect bowler for this deck IMO.  Attack has very same-same look about it as selected.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
Would have gone with Bird myself, perfect bowler for this deck IMO.  Attack has very same-same look about it as selected.

Agree E.. Bird would shine if giving the chance in pommy land, great attitude and ability with the cherry.

Good to see Khawaja given a go, the boy is gold.
Would love to see him given time to cement his spot, just lacks that bit of self belief.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #17
Excellent start by the Australians and good fight back from England.

Game could have been very even (possibly still is) but for the Siddle no ball we would have had them 5 down. No sympathy for Siddle, he just does it too often. Love his work ethic but seriously how long has this been going on?!?!?

Agar has bowled some nice deliveries and gets decent bounce with that high action.

In the final session Australia needs 2-3 wickets to get back into this. England bat deep so I think if we can get them out for about 300 or so we've done well considering this partnership.

Reply #18

Game could have been very even (possibly still is) but for the Siddle no ball we would have had them 5 down. No sympathy for Siddle, he just does it too often. Love his work ethic but seriously how long has this been going on?!?!?

Agar has bowled some nice deliveries and gets decent bounce with that high action.

In the final session Australia needs 2-3 wickets to get back into this. England bat deep so I think if we can get them out for about 300 or so we've done well considering this partnership.

I thought Pattinson bowled awfully last night...... just imaging if Bird had been bowling rather than Pattinson or Siddle......

Also, these guys were bowling mostly in the mid 130s. i thought they were all mid 140s bowlers?

Or did I miss something?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19

I thought Pattinson bowled awfully last night...... just imaging if Bird had been bowling rather than Pattinson or Siddle......

Also, these guys were bowling mostly in the mid 130s. i thought they were all mid 140s bowlers?

Or did I miss something?

They've been told to get the line and length right.

When you have flat decks and combine them with 4" thick bats and lightning fast outfields with tiny boundaries, they have no choice.

Mitchell Johnsons first spell at Lords in the last series almost put the game out of reach in an hour.

It's why he took Pattinson off so quick.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #20
Nice way to end the day too with Smith sneaking a little 3 for.

We have to finish them in the first hour tonight, then bat for 2 solid days.

Uzi for a ton! *prays*

Reply #21
Pattinson is not bowling well and needs to get it together fast.  Gees we are an ordinary fielding side full of plodders.

What is it with these Pommy decks... cracks on day one.... given that they have the best reverse bowler in the world and a top spinner you wonder about pitch preparation...

If we don't have a minimum of 100 run lead after the first dig we will be 2 zip.

Reply #22
3 wickets in the 1st hour !!! great effort !!

4 wickets for the rest of the day? ruins all the good work done early.  :(

Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #23

It's a belter of a pitch......get them for around 300 & there's no excuse for our batsmen not to bat for 2 days.........but we'll see.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #24

It's a belter of a pitch......get them for around 300 & there's no excuse for our batsmen not to bat for 2 days.........but we'll see.

Here's hoping !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #25
Same old same old....Broad and Swann making valuable runs and England getting 50 runs more than they should....when you have teams 3-28 you dont let them off the hook and allow them to make 361. We need 500 to put the pressure on as we are batting last, one of our blokes needs to do a Bell and make a solid century and lead the way. Its time Watson delivered a big score and lived up to the hype...

Reply #26
Harris finished with a Michelle, told you he was a good competitor.

Chasing 361, there are a couple of reputations about to be exposed I reckon.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #27
Watson out in the last over before lunch, and burns a review.

Words fail me regarding this individual.

Reply #28
Watson out in the last over before lunch, and burns a review.

Words fail me regarding this individual.

Yeah I thought it was selfish and stupid considering how adjacent he was. The travesty that followed in Rogers being out was largely due to that decision to review - you could see Rogers was hesitant to review because Watson had blown one already.

Reply #29
khawaja throws his wicket away too. ffs now we need bigscores from pup and Smith just to stay alive.