Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - Second Test @ Lords  (Read 29213 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - Second Test @ Lords

Reply #30
6 for 85.......Agar need another 98 for us to stay in the game.....

Reply #31
Australian cricket = Joke.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
The sooner the Clarke era is done the better we will be.

Both he and Watson are selfish fck heads.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #33
Watson = selfish selfish selfish.  Has to go.... needs to start putting the team first.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
Watson = selfish selfish selfish.  Has to go.... needs to start putting the team first.

Problem is who do you  replace him with. Top scores, sadly, open both the batting and the bowling. We need him as the extra bowler. The only thing that's happen is a half decent opening stand. Goes backwards from there.

Selfish review from Watson that actually cost us Rogers wicket. What was Rogers doing at the other end after they discussed the review. Should've told Watson he was plumb and to p1ss off back to the pavilion. If he was stronger he saves his own wicket.

Watson's BIG problem though is he gets too far forward and across. Plays some glorious shots but if the ball straightens with that flaw he's LBW every time. The flaw doesn't matter how good a start he gets. Unt il he fixes  that he won't go on after starts. Once he does he'll make 100s

Reply #35
Can't  carry this selfish, petulant tool anymore.  Replace him with a bloke who WANTS to play and who is a TEAM man.  Plenty of half decent openers going around.... Australia A tour has a couple worth trying.

Directly cost Roger's wicket as well and this is unforgiveable IMO.

Reply #36
Once again, top order goes missing.  Insipid effort.  Get ready for a 5 nil whitewash. 

God I miss the glory days.  

Reply #37
Can't  carry this selfish, petulant tool anymore.  Replace him with a bloke who WANTS to play and who is a TEAM man.  Plenty of half decent openers going around.... Australia A tour has a couple worth trying.

Directly cost Roger's wicket as well and this is unforgiveable IMO.

Who becomes the 5th bowler?

No, there's not plenty of half decent openers around. We both know that. We put put another bloke in, makes the inevitable low score, then he can't bowl and we go, "where's Watson". Other than Agar, who made 98 in one dig, is pretty much our highest run scorer overall in the series. Like it or not we have nothing to replace him with.

Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Best we think with our brains, not our frustrations.

Reply #38
Iaj,  when did Watson last make a meaningful contribution with the bat?  And I don't mean 80 against a flat Sri Lanka last summer. 

That bloke has been surviving on reputation for 3 years IMO.

Smith did a reasonable job as the 5th bowler in the first dig.  Do we really need 6?

Reply #39
Iaj,  when did Watson last make a meaningful contribution with the bat?  And I don't mean 80 against a flat Sri Lanka last summer. 

That bloke has been surviving on reputation for 3 years IMO.

Smith did a reasonable job as the 5th bowler in the first dig.  Do we really need 6?

And before he was surviving on reputation he was surviving on potential.

Time for the Ken Doll to show us he has a full set and not just a plastic mound.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #40
They are mostly marking time.

Watson is way over-rated.
Hughes continues to play stupid shots. ( I thought he was improving but the jury is out!)
Siddle is aging. (I love him but it's next gen time.)
Starc is over-rated.
Haddin is past his use by date.

I have no idea what Khawaja was thinking.

Clarke is getting better as a captain, but horribly out of form and needs to get a handle on the off-field stuff not just the field.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
Not sure what planet Watson is on... He is a selfish over-rated sook who bowls handy medium pacers. You know when you have edged a ball, and you also have a pretty good idea when you are plumb lbw. In a week where he has been described as a "cancer", maybe he might have given some consideration to taking one for the team?

Rant over, aside from that I agree with Iaj... we unfortunately can't replace him right now.

Reply #42
Looks like  we are rooted..Joe is on 55 and we cant get Bresnan out either...

Reply #43
5 zip is a looking a reality, unless Jimmy and Swann get injured.

Reply #44
How can we let Bresnan bat for 107 deliveries and not yet dismiss him ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"