Skip to main content
Topic: Australia's long term Number 3? (Read 4367 times) previous topic - next topic

Australia's long term Number 3?

Thought this might be topical given the Ashes are upon us - so who do we see as the solution to our Number 3 problem?

Any Ricky Ponting's on the horizon? Who is generation next?

Re: Australia's long term Number 3?

Reply #1
My knowledge of Australia's crop of current players is woeful, I used to follow cricket a lot more closely back when I played, I shall read this thread with interest !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #2
Joe Burns from Qld is one that has been mentioned.  Other than that, the cupboard is horribly bare.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
Agar?  :P

Reply #4
Joe Burns from Qld is one that has been mentioned.  Other than that, the cupboard is horribly bare.

Yes it is. I hear that it's the U19's and below where the real talent is and that's potentially some time away from making it's mark. Of the current crop on the Australia A tour it's really Dave Warner who is the stand out at 1st Class level followed by Shaun Marsh, Nic Maddinson and Alex Doolan. In regards to the latter three you have concern when two out of those three made the body of their runs in just a couple of knocks which means lean trots between. There isn't a consistent other option churning out the runs unfortunately.

Reply #5
Shaun Marsh is in a league of his own when he extracts his head out of you know where. but at 30 his time is getting short.....

Prefer him to Watson, Cowan or Warner (Hughes too despite his brave knock) any day of the week at Test level.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Doolan, Burns, Kawaja, Maddinson.

Or Warner if he can get his technique sorted.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #7
I have no clue .