Skip to main content
Topic: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations) (Read 29299 times) previous topic - next topic

R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations)

Hawthorn v Carlton (Away game)
Friday June 13, 7:50pm
MCG

No one wants to talk about it.

This is for 11 wins in a row against us for Hawthorn. Bring the attitude that we showed against Geelong and I'll be happy.

Buckley in please and Graham this week for a baptism of fire. Guess we should run old man Judd :P

Re: R13 Hawthorn vs Carlton (Prematch Deliberations)

Reply #1
Judd, Cachia in.
Waite, Armfield out.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #2
Judd, Cachia in.
Waite, Armfield out.

Why Armi out? Is he injured?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #3
It's a indication of how we've changed under MM that I think that if this was at Etihad I'd almost put some money on us.

MM's  game plan is extremely taxing and it's easier for our guys to maintain it on the smaller ground.

Pity, but maybe we'll get within a couple of goals late in the game.

Again, I don't care if we win (welll just a bit) I just want to see what it is exactly that MM is bringing to this group.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #4
Blues by 5 points...Hawks are just going IMO and have a few players missing and we are due after a good effort vs Geelong.
Like Brisbane surprised us i think we will surprise Hawthorn and Levi might even kick a few straight vs a undersized hawks backline...
Wont prove much though and we need consistent enough not the odd flashy win, hope we play some kids and they can revel in the win and get some confidence.
 I want Gibbs to win the game for us on the back of his great game vs Geelong....and he can get some belief that he is an A grader who can beat the best in the business.
Gibbs on Jordan Lewis would be a nice matchup as Lewis has been red hot for the Hawks...

Reply #5
Our only hope against the Hawks is if we play high risk footy and take every opportunity to play on and run the ball at any cost. If we try any defensive style game we will lose by more than 30 points. High risk, high reward footy is our only hope. Forget playing the boundary lines.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
Judd, Cachia in.
Waite, Armfield out.

I just reckon Cachia would be ideal for Hawthorn's midfield and Judd is a certainty to play.
Armfield is a so so footballer, he played a good first quarter last night then went missing, his good is not exceptionally good and it doesn't come around all that often.
Waite's had two shockers in a row, Henderson was marginally better than him last night but worse the week before.
Drop either of them, or Rowe, or White, I don't really care who but we've got too many big blokes not doing enough.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Judd, Cachia in.
Waite, Armfield out.

I just reckon Cachia would be ideal for Hawthorn's midfield and Judd is a certainty to play.
Armfield is a so so footballer, he played a good first quarter last night then went missing, his good is not exceptionally good and it doesn't come around all that often.
Waite's had two shockers in a row, Henderson was marginally better than him last night but worse the week before.
Drop either of them, or Rowe, or White, I don't really care who but we've got too many big blokes not doing enough.

Agree with you re Cachia, but Armi gives you a contest every time he plays, doesn't leave much in the dressing room, has pace and a whole lot of heart. Leave out either of the W's or both.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #8
Happy to leave out McLean for Cachia.

― Mark Twain

Reply #9
Blues by 5 points...Hawks are just going IMO and have a few players missing and we are due after a good effort vs Geelong.
Like Brisbane surprised us i think we will surprise Hawthorn and Levi might even kick a few straight vs a undersized hawks backline...
Wont prove much though and we need consistent enough not the odd flashy win, hope we play some kids and they can revel in the win and get some confidence.
 I want Gibbs to win the game for us on the back of his great game vs Geelong....and he can get some belief that he is an A grader who can beat the best in the business.
Gibbs on Jordan Lewis would be a nice matchup as Lewis has been red hot for the Hawks...

I seem to remember Gibbs having a few good games against these guys.

I think a win would be huge for this group even if it is when Hawthorn are ripe for the picking.

Reply #10

A lot's been made of Sellwood's late goal but McLean kicked one himself, had plenty of the ball and kept Sellwood to 18 touches which is his second lowest for the year and 8 below his season average.
He had 30 touches last week in a 110 point loss, I can't see McLean being dropped.

Reply #11
Our only hope against the Hawks is if we play high risk footy and take every opportunity to play on and run the ball at any cost. If we try any defensive style game we will lose by more than 30 points. High risk, high reward footy is our only hope. Forget playing the boundary lines.
No guts no glory
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12

A lot's been made of Sellwood's late goal but McLean kicked one himself, had plenty of the ball and kept Sellwood to 18 touches which is his second lowest for the year and 8 below his season average.
He had 30 touches last week in a 110 point loss, I can't see McLean being dropped.

Yeah I don't think they'll  drop him either, even though I prefer they do.

― Mark Twain

Reply #13
Judd the intelligent clearance machine along with Buckley and Lucas for the run at the MCG.
It will be a rugged and dure game a real ripper and we may just pull off an upset. 
Go Baggers
Ciao

Reply #14
I'll be amazed if we back up our performance against the Cats.....stranger things have happened.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!