Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 22: Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 9923 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 22: Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #15
Strong Bulldogs team, wonder if Polson might get Caleb Daniel this week...be someone more his own size at least.
That could be a good match because Polson has the pace and the willingness to tackle.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
We should see what Lin Jong is doing next year, he's a tidy footballer and wouldn't carry a huge price tag, he'd be a definite upgrade on a few of our marginals like Lamb, Kerridge and Graham.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #17
That could be a good match because Polson has the pace and the willingness to tackle.
when you put it that way you make him sound like a labrador.

Reply #18
Making Polson chase/tag Daniel all day is not a silly idea.  Daniel is a very damaging player whereas Polson's forward impact has been minor.   I don't see a match up for Polson if he plays forward.

Id pay money to see Charlie stand on Morris' head,  he's been a mighty warrior for that club but it's our turn.

Umps need to be onto tunnelling this week.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
I'm hearing Tom deKoning will make his debut on Sunday

Reply #20
I'm hearing Tom deKoning will make his debut on Sunday

He will :D
Final team

In: Weitering, De Koning, Mullett

Out: Graham (calf), Pickett (omitted), Kerridge (omitted)

Emergencies  Harrison Macreadie , Angus Schumacher , Sam Kerridge, Jarrod Pickett

Reply #21
Graham and Kerridge can both play in the midfield, not very well admittedly, and Pickett struggles to get a kick but is quick.
So with those three out we pick Mullett, Weitering and an up and coming ruckman in his first game.
It's a very slow side.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #22
Mullet..... Gees we must hoping for a game with a combined tackle count between the two sides of about forty.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
Graham and Kerridge can both play in the midfield, not very well admittedly, and Pickett struggles to get a kick but is quick.
So with those three out we pick Mullett, Weitering and an up and coming ruckman in his first game.
It's a very slow side.

3 smalls out for two talls and a mullet.

SOS is making sure we lose this one to lock away the 1st pick.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
That number 1 pick was a lock a long time ago. That said, looking forward to seeing TDK have a run around....I'm guessing still pretty raw but worth a punt and let Harry McKay play as a permanent forward? Polsen has done an amazing job at holding his spot in the team given he's done SFA for most games.

Reply #25
Worth having a look on the website to the video where Bolts announces Tom’s inclusion and what he says after that re the youth.

Reply #27
That number 1 pick was a lock a long time ago. That said, looking forward to seeing TDK have a run around....I'm guessing still pretty raw but worth a punt and let Harry McKay play as a permanent forward? Polsen has done an amazing job at holding his spot in the team given he's done SFA for most games.

Maybe Polson is following coaching instructions to the letter? "Look son, I want you to go out there and do SFA!"  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
True Cookie....if so, then the Coach's Trophy (if they still have those) is in the bag!

Reply #29

He kicked an amazingly flukey goal against Hawthorn and in the same game chipped a nice pass to Harry McKay, so far that's all she wrote.