Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 15 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 5287 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 15 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

With even a few of our injured available, we'd have what is required to win.
At least the game is on a Saturday afternoon.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 15 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
Cottrell and Durdin in..... makes sense.
Dusty and Soldo out for them. Makes JSOS's life a bit easier!
(wrong forum!!  sorry!!)

Reply #2
The one day we play Saturday afternoon. Where am I? On a plane to Helsinki at 12.15pm on Saturday. Could have been played at night so I could watch it during my stopover in Singapore but no, they had to put it Saturday afternoon....lol.

Then may athlete has made the world track and field championships at 49yo. Wasn't expected so much so I end up in another country watching my other athletes at the World Masters Championships.

Reply #3
Recover, refresh and go again. We cannot lose CP and allow so many I50s against Freo.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
Recover, refresh and go again. We cannot lose CP and allow so many I50s against Freo.

The old mid season flat patch. Forgotten what that was like... lol.

Reply #5
Composition of playing group needs to change and need a hard tag for Brayshaw and limit his influence.
Probably a game for Fogarty to find his niche

Reply #6
Be no chance if we played them in WA but I think at Marvel we can regroup and knock them over. TDK or Jack to play back and like Krud I think it was who suggested it maybe time for Mirkov to debut. Not ideal given his form is nothing special but we cant go in with just Young down back at decent KP height and we need to get inventive.
Hoping Charlie can bounce back after an average game vs Grimes as Harry will probably find Pearce a tough opponent like he did last time. Blues by 17 points with Cripps and Walsh dominating, George to take Serong or Brayshaw....

Reply #7
Be no chance if we played them in WA but I think at Marvel we can regroup and knock them over. TDK or Jack to play back and like Krud I think it was who suggested it maybe time for Mirkov to debut. Not ideal given his form is nothing special but we cant go in with just Young down back at decent KP height and we need to get inventive.
Hoping Charlie can bounce back after an average game vs Grimes as Harry will probably find Pearce a tough opponent like he did last time. Blues by 17 points with Cripps and Walsh dominating, George to take Serong or Brayshaw....
Apparently we have played 19 defenders as our back 6 this year. We get Durdin out of desperation in the mid season Draft and even he gets injured first game.

There's a decent record of sides getting crippled with injury at this stage of the year going on to win the flag. Richmond 2019/20 and Hawthorn 2008 and one of the 3 peat years come to mind. Nothing like having a pile of fresh blokes at the end of a long season. The key is to hold your ground as much as possible when depleted. If you can then you have quite an advantage late in the season.

Reply #8

Yep, it was me.

Through sheer necessity for height, its our only option.
We could potentially try and bring in Akieu (i have no idea if he is fit, if he is even performing, but he is literally the only other bloke on our list who could have a claim to being able to hold down a spot as a key defender.....and realistically, he'd not be expected to do that for a another few years.)

IMO, we simply have to try Mirkov and play Jack or TDK back. One permanently, and the other dropping back behind the ball.
I'd be rucking Cripps as a backup throughout the middle and Harry when I50.

Reply #9
Yep, it was me.

Through sheer necessity for height, its our only option.
We could potentially try and bring in Akieu (i have no idea if he is fit, if he is even performing, but he is literally the only other bloke on our list who could have a claim to being able to hold down a spot as a key defender.....and realistically, he'd not be expected to do that for a another few years.)

IMO, we simply have to try Mirkov and play Jack or TDK back. One permanently, and the other dropping back behind the ball.
I'd be rucking Cripps as a backup throughout the middle and Harry when I50.

Think out of necessity Kemp will play on the key position next week. Not ideal but what can you do. Let's hope his health insurance is up to date if he is going to play key back given the luck the others there have had.

Reply #10
I think Honey needs to come in.  Has a very happy knack of getting to the right places at the right time.  Probably replaces Corey Durdin, who has lost a bit of mojo over the past 2-3 weeks. 
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #11
I think Honey needs to come in.  Has a very happy knack of getting to the right places at the right time.  Probably replaces Corey Durdin, who has lost a bit of mojo over the past 2-3 weeks. 
Replaces Martin IMO
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
Replaces Martin IMO

Yep, you're right
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #14
Honey managed 13 possessions and 4 goals, which was reasonable. Not getting enough of the pill, but he was doing something with it this time.
Stocker must be a chance: he stood up and dominated the back half. 26 possessions and 9 marks.
Cincotta impresses me. I love his second and third efforts and his kicking is good. 27 possessions, 5 marks and 5 tackles. A pity that we have players who fill his role, as he looks like a good'un. Play him on a wing?
Live Long and Prosper!