Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 437091 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7065
Interesting perspective:
‘Health system in distress’: how ambulance ramping became a major problem, The Guardian.

In short, ambulance ramping is a problem across the States and increasing the number of ambulances isn’t the silver bullet. Access bottlenecks due to shortages of hospital staff and beds and the aged care sector’s reliance on hospitals were exacerbated by Covid.

Reply #7066
Interesting perspective:
‘Health system in distress’: how ambulance ramping became a major problem, The Guardian.

In short, ambulance ramping is a problem across the States and increasing the number of ambulances isn’t the silver bullet. Access bottlenecks due to shortages of hospital staff and beds and the aged care sector’s reliance on hospitals were exacerbated by Covid.

I know someone who works in a hospital who liases with ambulance services as part of their job to decide what types of patients they must take at any given time and which patients they must ship off to other hospitals.
So....heart attacks might be high risk, but falls or concussions etc might go somewhere else.
These decisions are ever changing depending on how each hospital is coping at any given time.

Hospitals get overwhelmed with ambulances dropping off patients. The thing is an ambulance cannot simply drop a patient at the door and leave for the next one. They have to wait until the patient gets signed over. If there is 1 (or 2) people whose job that is to take a patient, assess them and send them where they need to be and then get back down to the next ambulance, that takes some time.
If there are 17 ambulances out the front, that takes a lot of time to get through.
That time is people waiting for an ambulance elsewhere.

You can have 3000 ambulances out there, but if they are stuck at hospitals waiting to drop off patients, it doesn't help the system.

You need to eliminate the bottle neck first....and the bottle neck is at hospitals.

Its been the problem all along, Covid is overwhelming the hospitals.....and everyone else is suffering as a result.

Reply #7067
So Brett Sutton has just announced in his own words ‘despite 2, 3 or 4 booster shots of covid vaccine the vaccine has now shown that it does not assist in preventing covid’

Who would have thought!!

So in other words we are all responsible for our own protection of covid and whether the guy beside you is vaccinated or not your risk of contracting covid does not change.

With that in mind why were unvaccinated forced to leave their positions as nurses, policemen construction, emergency works - oh except those in law (they were exempt) wonder why that was…….but that’s another story.  And unfairly blokes like Jones or Djokovic that decided they don’t want the vaccine were treated by the majority as outcasts and scumbags who only care about themself.

Our healthcare and emergency services are undermanned and under enormous pressure and how much I’m of that is due to not allowing the unvaccinated to keep their position, a position we need them more then ever now.

The pollies are a disgrace they lie stretch the truth deceive then when they are found out they are never dealt with they way the general public would have been and find a way to just continue on. They chop  and change the rules as it suits them and then demand we take their ‘health advice’ as though it’s gospel. Nothing can be further from the truth. I was conned into having the first double dose and still struggle with some of the side effects and have covid twice and as well as covid I’ve had the flu twice!  My last ‘cold’ I reckon was at least 3 years ago and don’t even remember when I had the flu last.
Got the vaccine and had them both twice in the last 18 months!! Really makes you wonder…..

Absolutely disgraceful how this pandemic has been handled and how those who stood their ground were treated. Time to admit they got it wrong and give the unvaccinated their jobs back.

Reply #7068
So Brett Sutton has just announced in his own words ‘despite 2, 3 or 4 booster shots of covid vaccine the vaccine has now shown that it does not assist in preventing covid’

Who would have thought!!

So in other words we are all responsible for our own protection of covid and whether the guy beside you is vaccinated or not your risk of contracting covid does not change.

With that in mind why were unvaccinated forced to leave their positions as nurses, policemen construction, emergency works - oh except those in law (they were exempt) wonder why that was…….but that’s another story.  And unfairly blokes like Jones or Djokovic that decided they don’t want the vaccine were treated by the majority as outcasts and scumbags who only care about themself.

Our healthcare and emergency services are undermanned and under enormous pressure and how much I’m of that is due to not allowing the unvaccinated to keep their position, a position we need them more then ever now.

The pollies are a disgrace they lie stretch the truth deceive then when they are found out they are never dealt with they way the general public would have been and find a way to just continue on. They chop  and change the rules as it suits them and then demand we take their ‘health advice’ as though it’s gospel. Nothing can be further from the truth. I was conned into having the first double dose and still struggle with some of the side effects and have covid twice and as well as covid I’ve had the flu twice!  My last ‘cold’ I reckon was at least 3 years ago and don’t even remember when I had the flu last.
Got the vaccine and had them both twice in the last 18 months!! Really makes you wonder…..

Absolutely disgraceful how this pandemic has been handled and how those who stood their ground were treated. Time to admit they got it wrong and give the unvaccinated their jobs back.

This has been going on for the better part of 2.5 years now, but some people are still missing the basics.

No, it doesn't prevent Covid. Nobody said it did. You may be prevented from getting it, but at a minimum...
It limits the intensity,
which limits the amount of people who end up in ICU
which limits the amount of people we need to find a bed for
which limits the amount of people who miss out on a bed
which limits the amount of people who die.

Which in turn eases the strain on the health care system so people who have 'regular issues' like heart attacks can actually get an ambulance when they need one, which again, limits the people who die.

But sure....its all BS.

Reply #7069
Shawny, is there a link available where I can read this quote from Brett Sutton (the one in your first paragraph) ?

I had a quick look, but found nothing. It's a pretty strange thing to say for someone in his position.

Reply #7070
I think Shawny has fallen foul of a beat up about Sutton's community action statement that was rolled out in the last week of July. There are a bunch of hack stories going around, written word and video, paraphrasing and selectively summarising what Sutton had to say.

In that statement Sutton said is was critical to get your 3rd or 4th boosters to prevent/reduce COVID causing ICU admissions, and he called for the public to take affirmative action on masks, social distancing and the like to minimise COVID numbers. After all, it is a numbers game. But the get your boosters part is being edited out, and the hacks are again running with the "vaccines don't stop COVID" shizen yet again, despite unequivocal evidence that the vaccines save lives!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7071
This has been going on for the better part of 2.5 years now, but some people are still missing the basics.

No, it doesn't prevent Covid. Nobody said it did. You may be prevented from getting it, but at a minimum...
It limits the intensity,
which limits the amount of people who end up in ICU
which limits the amount of people we need to find a bed for
which limits the amount of people who miss out on a bed
which limits the amount of people who die.

Which in turn eases the strain on the health care system so people who have 'regular issues' like heart attacks can actually get an ambulance when they need one, which again, limits the people who die.

But sure....its all BS.
I get the theory about limiting the body count with more jabs but the ambulance system is broken in Victoria with or without CoVid and the ER's are full to overflowing with ramping at extreme levels despite the Governments denials.
Staff are leaving in droves and we have Private Hospitals now being being recruited and forced to close wards for patients to take up the slack and supply facilities and staff.
The reality is more people are passing due to CoVid with the new strains than the original but no one wants to talk about it
or do anything to fix the system and its the Herd mentality approach and when its the economy vs losing some of the herd the economy wins...

Reply #7072
I get the theory about limiting the body count with more jabs but the ambulance system is broken in Victoria with or without CoVid and the ER's are full to overflowing with ramping at extreme levels despite the Governments denials.
Staff are leaving in droves and we have Private Hospitals now being being recruited and forced to close wards for patients to take up the slack and supply facilities and staff.
The reality is more people are passing due to CoVid with the new strains than the original but no one wants to talk about it
or do anything to fix the system and its the Herd mentality approach and when its the economy vs losing some of the herd the economy wins...

100% the ambulance system is broken.

The last thing they need though is more fuel on the fire....which Covid adds.

Reply #7073
100% the ambulance system is broken.

The last thing they need though is more fuel on the fire....which Covid adds.
Sutton was actually addressing this issue in his community action statement. He wants the public to act in the absence of political action, to take all possible precautions to diminish COVID infections, reducing strain on the health system.

Don't wait to be told to wear a mask, vaccinate or isolate, do it now voluntarily for the sake of the public health system!

If people think the health system is bad, wait and see what happens in education over the coming months, it's been completely mismanaged with the top end keeping their high wages through COVID while the grunt level gets overloaded / offloaded. The grunt is going to leave in droves when this school year is done!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7074
I think Shawny has fallen foul of a beat up about Sutton's community action statement that was rolled out in the last week of July. There are a bunch of hack stories going around, written word and video, paraphrasing and selectively summarising what Sutton had to say.

In that statement Sutton said is was critical to get your 3rd or 4th boosters to prevent/reduce COVID causing ICU admissions, and he called for the public to take affirmative action on masks, social distancing and the like to minimise COVID numbers. After all, it is a numbers game. But the get your boosters part is being edited out, and the hacks are again running with the "vaccines don't stop COVID" shizen yet again, despite unequivocal evidence that the vaccines save lives!

Thanks.

Reply #7075

Yep, it's not about vaccines preventing Covid, it's how about how they reduce the severity of Covid.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7076
Let’s hope Flyboy will stop by to update us on how well Ivermectin works on the new Omicron subvariants.

Reply #7077
Still havent tested positive after 8 months of catching PT to and from the city.  In amongst a bunch of kids, going past the Austin Hospital, continuing past Flinders street station, going to Flagstaff.

Not sure whats going on, but I hope I get it whilst they still make you isolate for 7 days because I forsee a time when they stay isolate only whilst symptomatic.  Not sure how under pressure hospitals are either.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7078
Still havent tested positive after 8 months of catching PT to and from the city.  In amongst a bunch of kids, going past the Austin Hospital, continuing past Flinders street station, going to Flagstaff.

Not sure whats going on, but I hope I get it whilst they still make you isolate for 7 days because I forsee a time when they stay isolate only whilst symptomatic.  Not sure how under pressure hospitals are either.

You might be one of the those cats, 3 Leos, who is asymptomatic. Mrs Baggers tested positive once with no symptoms at all.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7079
You might be one of the those cats, 3 Leos, who is asymptomatic. Mrs Baggers tested positive once with no symptoms at all.
Ive been testing twice a week since I changed jobs.  Hospital never cared whether or not we were testing at all.

NFI.

Don't really understand what all the fuss is about.  Suspect that a lot of people are leveraging the climate to take advantage of sick leave.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson