Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 9529 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #75
Groin tightness when warming up before the game.
And during the week at training, didnt go away before the match hence missed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
And during the week at training, didnt go away before the match hence missed.
I'd heard it was an abductor strain, if that is the case he would be unlikely this week as well. You can generally run OK in a straight line, but changing direction can be Titanic like!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
...and hurts like hell when you change direction.   Missed two years of footy with it,  if it's torn that's the season.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #78
...and hurts like hell when you change direction.  Missed two years of footy with it,  if it's torn that's the season.
Also ended my cricket career, couldn't bowl with any power / pace anymore, wasn't able to run fast between the wickets, in the end I just gave up as too old too slow!

Professionals can get surgery, but that means you are out for months, so they always take recovery slowly as the lesser of two evils.

PS: Also affected my golf swing, lost 30m to 50m in driving length.

Pretty much any action that starts or ends with some sort of tilt or pivot is b0rked!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
Just one correction: it’s an adductor rather than an abductor.

I strained one while trying to bowl fast as a fill-in in a friend’s team when I had neither the preparation or youth to make it work.

I stopped bowling but even running after the ball was painful. It made me feel like I was going to throw up.

Reply #80
Just one correction: it’s an adductor rather than an abductor.
I'm always confused about which one is which, but I know it can feck you right up!

The written medical spellings are always a mystery, I know one is front and the other is back, and it gets even worse when spoken in various accents and timbres.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
Williams? Just too big a risk. The heat there will be in next Sunday's game would be a bridge too far for a bloke lacking match fitness.  

Quite agree Mr B,  will be well short of a run and given history just as likely to limp off.
On the other hand Stocker should be better for the run last week. Like many, I think Liam is part of our future.

The player who worried me last week was our ruckman. Good work horse at throw wins, but seemed well behind the speed of the game if the ball was in dispute or in his hands. Hope we play big Tom as 2nd ruck.     

cheers Ab

Reply #82
shouldn't laugh at my own mistakes, but........."Good work horse at throw wins".  ;D
Oh dear.. 
Ab

Reply #83
shouldn't laugh at my own mistakes, but........."Good work horse at throw wins".  ;D
Oh dear.. 
Ab

The 'quick edit' button is a useful tool ;D
Saved me a few times. ;)

Reply #84
thank you for the tip Lods
 :) 
Ab

Reply #85
Not only the typos, but getting older the usual phone screen gets smaller and smaller, the buttons are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger, and my arms are getting shorter and shorter, it's bad enough trying to get the phone typing correct, even harder when you can barely see what you type at arms length! :o ;D

Quick Edit to the rescue, usually only takes four or five goezz!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
All tickets sold out. 80k+ crowd.. whooooooo...

Reply #87
Kiss arrived in town this morning.
Gene Simmons said he might catchn up with his Blues on the weekend.

As I remember he once said he bought the team for a day as a tax dodge.
I'm pretty sure Carlton denied it.

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/gene-simmons-visits-carlton-blues-training-session

Reply #88
Word is Hewitt trained with the main group and looked good and same with Williams.

Cerra run laps and was then with the rehab group.

Didn’t hear about Saad which is good as I was worried about him after last week.

Reply #89
Word is Hewitt trained with the main group and looked good and same with Williams.

Cerra run laps and was then with the rehab group.

Didn’t hear about Saad which is good as I was worried about him after last week.
AFL app says Hewitt trained, but would only be available for finals, and club is confident Cerra will play....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?