Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 9512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
If one were to take a risk and given the high stakes for the Blues,  Williams over Stocker everyday of the week.  One is good ordinary footballer the other an elite when he’s on song, received a huge contract , if he’s fit to play longer than half a game Williams will be selected.

Reply #61
No way.   Williams is an over paid, over hyped injury prone player who needs to dominate in the twos before getting a run.   Played about two decent games for us.  Put up or pi.. Off.

Stocker 100% for the pies.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #62
If Zac is fit I would play him, we need more run and better delivery going forward.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #63
Zac should play if fit. Has been disappointing first two seasons with us but is a gun player. I think Weits, Young and Gov are enough talls need more ground ball players - Marchy is off the boil with his marking and defending and would replace him with Zac.

Reply #64
If Zac is fit I would play him, we need more run and better delivery going forward.
He's is iffy when fit let alone coming back from a long lay off. No thanks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
Let's just hope if this is happening it's under the old Carlton ways, keeping a lid on player progress and catching the opposition off-guard!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
Can’t believe anybody could be contemplating dropping Stocker to accommodate Williams who hasn’t done a thing since he arrived at Ikon. Don’t think Voss will be that silly and he’ll need to earn the right to rejoin the team through the VFL.

Stocker was excellent against the Dees and provides some much needed hardness  to our side.

FWIW, i was probably the first to throw Stockers name up, but i was doing it based off how the MC would do it, rather than my own preference.
Stocker seems to be the last one in, and first one out.
If you are going to push for Williams (which seems to be the rumblings) then someone makes way.....who would the MC drop if it wasn't stocker?

Reply #67
Don't worry,  there will be an injury to create a slot.  

I'd be evaluating Motlop and wait he brings,  what his role is etc.  We might need more pace and flexibility.

Reply #68
Maybe if Stocker had a ridiculous contract
like Williams he wouldn't get dropped so often.Even McGovern and Martin had to do some time in the twos to get some fitness before returning, I just don't see what's so special about Williams he gets an automatic spot in the 22.

Reply #69
Maybe if Stocker had a ridiculous contract
like Williams he wouldn't get dropped so often.Even McGovern and Martin had to do some time in the twos to get some fitness before returning, I just don't see what's so special about Williams he gets an automatic spot in the 22.

Williams? Just too big a risk. The heat there will be in next Sunday's game would be a bridge too far for a bloke lacking match fitness.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #70
Still unclear why Cerra missed

Reply #71
He's is iffy when fit let alone coming back from a long lay off. No thanks.

I would take the gamble because I don't think we can beat Collingwood.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #72
Don’t think Scott will give 2 sh1ts about the Coleman and would not want to risk Hawkins especially now that Cameron is at a real risk to miss the first final.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hawkins is a late out.

Their whole campaign would be in the bin if Hawkins is injured in what is a nothing game for them.

Reply #73
At least it means Charlie is almost a lock for the Coleman.....he'd only really need to kick one or two leaving Hawkins or Lynch to kick about 9 each.

And for me, Stocker stays in this week. I was at the game against the Pies early in the season and saw the work he did off the ball to Ginnivan. I know Ginnivan isn't playing this week but they have a raft of those small/medium forward types and we need someone who can play a lockdown role....not sure Williams has ever been able to do that? Hopefully if Cerra is back, Doc can move back as well....and either of Stocker or Doc have shown they can have a run through the midfield.

If Cerra is fit, then in for Motlop.

Reply #74
Still unclear why Cerra missed

Groin tightness when warming up before the game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball