Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering (Read 58510 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering

Reply #75
The results have gone backwards since Mick arrived.

But it can't just be Mick.

We have had multiple coaches turn over and only a small improvement bump in ten years.

We don't have anything like the number of classy juniors coming through as the dogs, adelaide, port, etc..

I am sick of the sight of Mick, and want to see the back of him ASAP, but there is a limit to how much can be slated to his administration.

Reply #76
There's no substitute for talent & character and we lack both.

The saddest story of all is Marc Murphy - what has happened to this bloke? He was a star from day one and he has slowly gone backwards? How? Why?

Re Talent, Gibbs is a top 50 AFL player, but all of Wood, Tutt, Rowe, Curnow, White, Armfield, Ellard, Watson are simply VFL standard. And, Carazzo is now done. That's 9 players!

Nonetheless, Docherty, Foster, Casboult, Jaksch, Buckley, Menzel, Cripps, Whiley, Smith, Byrne are all worth developing, but the jury is out on Jones, Bell and Boekhorst. We need to play these guys from now on, with support from or senior core of Gibbs, Judd, Simpson, Yarran, Henderson, Jamison, Walker, Murphy(?), Everitt, Thomas, Warnock and Kreuzer - bear in mind that 4 of this senior core is currently injured and Murphy is a shadow of the player he was.

Reply #77
Sad to say the game was played over four quarters and we only showed up for one.  ::) ::)

Paid attention and saw one sided lazy team, not willing to run both ways. This stinks just like the dark days!! Our list is lazy and loaded with inept passengers being paid BIG DOLLARS to play like crap week in week out. The midfield was awful Murphy, Gibbs, Crrazzo, Curnow  Henderson, Jamison, Rowe, Touhy, etc led by PERFECT P!55 EXAMPLE.

The colour of boots doesn't determine your ability !! It shows you up for a pansy, soft just like fairy floss. Stick to plain plain black.

I am embarrassed, the CLUB needs to take drastic and immediate action!

Can't wait for the met and greet tomorrow morning, I may slay the lazy turds that currently represent the club.    >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

I will retire and watch the good old days when wearing navy blue was filled with pride to wear and affection for those who don the jumper.

This modern day Carlton Football Club has me lost for words.   WE STINK !!!!!!
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #78
I reckon a lot of our players think they are better footballers than they actually are.

They sell the dummy and get past an opponent only to run on and kick it to an opponent.

Not to mention the inability to run with an opponent.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #79
I am not sure I blame Malthouse, perhaps he has removed the filler and exposed the club for what it really is and we cannot hide it anymore. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can rise again and this is us finally coming to terms with reality. That reality may be a revolution in everything from recruitment and development right the way through to gameplan/coach and culture/ethos.

Coming to the club with his reputation means questions will again be asked of the club and if the great Mick Malthouse can't fix it then who the hell can? This might be the watershed moment which gives permission for the club to now embark in a different direction and one that means the impatient supporter base can do nothing more than accept the obvious.

It's 20 years since our last premiership and we've not looked likely for at least 15 of them and if we do nothing it'll be 15 more.

Reply #80
i d like to turn the spotlight on Andrew Mckay for the minute.
He's the head of football at this club.
should he be or is he the head of recruitment for external skills coaches?

What the FK does Andrew Mckay do?

I totally agree with this post.  Andrew McKay is a pussy.  He thinks he shhite don't stink because he's a vet etc.  Truth is, he is a man without spine and without a clue.  We are now officially the worst club in the AFL.  Yes, worse than the saints.  The cronies that brought in Malthouse and got rid of any goal kickers we have- e.g Betts etc. need to be spilled.  Our president would not be out of place on Underbelly 5 and should go immediately. Murphy needs to be left to play a midfield role- not hide him in the forward pocket- Gibbs should be dropped to the reserves to teach him how to go hard at the ball- and anyone (including him) who decide they want to wear those stupid girly buns in their hair need to change this or not play senior footy.  Menzel included.  We are an awful, sad looking, boring, crapola side.

Reply #81
This is what you get when you rip the heart out of the list and replace it with Footscray reserves players and waste 700k a year on a broken player. As I said in the in game thread, blokes like Rowe, White, Ellard and Curnow were all on the outer under Ratts and destined for the scrap heap yet unbelievably are now major players in our side.....and you guys wonder why we are shight? Granted White had a blinder last week but that is one week, he is yet to prove himself through a whole season. Rowe leadership group gimme a break. Ellard 8 years and still not a reg. Curnow just no.

The talking up of Liam Jones preseason is beginning to look silly and you wonder why we can't just give block head Watson a go? Did we really even need Jones? Tutt? Tutt? FFS Jason Tutt. We used to have cream up front in the way of small forward now we have Tutt and Ellard. And people wonder why the team has gone backwards at the rate of knots.

Leaving out Levi last week was stupid, even playing poorly last night he still gave us so much more than Jones.

I simply do not want to hear anything more about MM 'fixing' the list he has forking destroyed it, taken us to a place that we may not recover from. We simply cannot give him another year of recruiting he will botch it even further. We started to fix things with the dismissal of sticks and Swann, now Mick has to go pronto. Let's get in a coach with fresh ideas, someone that can actually get something out of this group. I refer to this comment:

“I played in good sides at West Coast where you run out and you know what you are going to get from each player each week and you know they are going to really compete and give their all,” he said.

“The second half of last year was the first time I had that feeling at Carlton, where you are really confident with the guys running out each week that they were really hungry to win and give their all.

“Sometimes we are going to fall short, but that is playing footy and that’s when footy is enjoyable.

“In the years preceding that, we battled with finding a team of players that were really driven to achieve success and that was frustrating for a lot of people at the footy club.

“So, to have that last year and to really feel that was something that I wanted to be part of going forward and to see just how hard the boys are working over summer and the emphasis on the type of people we are bringing into the club.

“It gives me great confidence we will be able to build on what we did last year.”

Don't be too hard on yourselves......looks like juddy was brainwashed by Malthouse as well. I have to say Juddy, give me the competitiveness of Ratts group any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I long to watch us come out and attack sides like we used to back then. We have played boring football for too long now. Ratts built a strong list over five years and it's taken Mick just two years to ruin it. Almost like he was a mole planted by Collingwood.

Have you guys seen facebook? We are the laughing stock of Australia.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #82
Pretty sure Macca is just an admin guy.

His biggest sin is allowing us to get in a position where we can't offload Mick midseason because there is no one to take the caretaker role.

This is so true how did we let Mick get away with this? How do we sack him with no one to fill his shoes? SOS as caretaker?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #83
Stkilda are ahead of us as they have started rebuilding.......even if we finish 15th-16th we are the worst team in the comp looking forward...
West Coast are very average IMO......to lose like we did shows how poor our list is...

WCE are seriously bottom six material.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #84
I am not sure I blame Malthouse, perhaps he has removed the filler and exposed the club for what it really is and we cannot hide it anymore. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can rise again and this is us finally coming to terms with reality. That reality may be a revolution in everything from recruitment and development right the way through to gameplan/coach and culture/ethos.

Oh purleeease enough of this kind of talk. Only the blind can't see what has happened here. He hasn't removed the filler, he's removed the fabric of the club. Blokes like Robbo, Betts and Waite that played for the jumper are gone. (no offence spf I know you're just playing devil's advocate)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #85
I went to subi once. Saw a young guy called Laurence Awgwin kick two goals and we lost by 120 off points.

This was worse.

Spin it all you want. I was there at both.

I was there too that night. Felt like I was the only Carlton supporter there.

Reply #87
I reckon a lot of our players think they are better footballers than they actually are.

They sell the dummy and get past an opponent only to run on and kick it to an opponent.

Not to mention the inability to run with an opponent.

Spot on. We haven't recruited "proper" footballers now for over 15 years.  And I include Fevola in that list.  Our recruiters seem to have sat down with a packet of corn chips while scanning highlights packages and selected players based on one or two attributes.

"Strong bodied type" = can't kick or handpass

"Good pair of hands" = can't run or tackle

"Superb kick" = no intrinsic knowledge of the subtleties of the game

"Huge potential" = narcissistic Mummy's boy who's never done a hard day's work in his life

Years ago, back in the 80's, I was at a local chain restaurant when a group of guys with clipboards came in and sat at the next booth. Turned out to be the St Kilda MC. Selection decisions were made between courses and the most animated conversation was reserved for the quality of the food (and beer).  I left thanking my lucky stars I supported the most professional and successful club in the history of the VFL.  ::)

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #88
Mckay had no footy operations manager experience when arrived....just another sticks mate appointment. ..balme is light years ahead of him..these are one of the poor off field decisions prior to the new admin we are stuck with....

Reply #89
This is what you get when you rip the heart out of the list and replace it with Footscray reserves players and waste 700k a year on a broken player. As I said in the in game thread, blokes like Rowe, White, Ellard and Curnow were all on the outer under Ratts and destined for the scrap heap yet unbelievably are now major players in our side.....and you guys wonder why we are shight? Granted White had a blinder last week but that is one week, he is yet to prove himself through a whole season. Rowe leadership group gimme a break. Ellard 8 years and still not a reg. Curnow just no.

The talking up of Liam Jones preseason is beginning to look silly and you wonder why we can't just give block head Watson a go? Did we really even need Jones? Tutt? Tutt? FFS Jason Tutt. We used to have cream up front in the way of small forward now we have Tutt and Ellard. And people wonder why the team has gone backwards at the rate of knots.

Leaving out Levi last week was stupid, even playing poorly last night he still gave us so much more than Jones.

I simply do not want to hear anything more about MM 'fixing' the list he has forking destroyed it, taken us to a place that we may not recover from. We simply cannot give him another year of recruiting he will botch it even further. We started to fix things with the dismissal of sticks and Swann, now Mick has to go pronto. Let's get in a coach with fresh ideas, someone that can actually get something out of this group. I refer to this comment:

“I played in good sides at West Coast where you run out and you know what you are going to get from each player each week and you know they are going to really compete and give their all,” he said.

“The second half of last year was the first time I had that feeling at Carlton, where you are really confident with the guys running out each week that they were really hungry to win and give their all.

“Sometimes we are going to fall short, but that is playing footy and that’s when footy is enjoyable.

“In the years preceding that, we battled with finding a team of players that were really driven to achieve success and that was frustrating for a lot of people at the footy club.

“So, to have that last year and to really feel that was something that I wanted to be part of going forward and to see just how hard the boys are working over summer and the emphasis on the type of people we are bringing into the club.

“It gives me great confidence we will be able to build on what we did last year.”

Don't be too hard on yourselves......looks like juddy was brainwashed by Malthouse as well. I have to say Juddy, give me the competitiveness of Ratts group any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I long to watch us come out and attack sides like we used to back then. We have played boring football for too long now. Ratts built a strong list over five years and it's taken Mick just two years to ruin it. Almost like he was a mole planted by Collingwood.

Have you guys seen facebook? We are the laughing stock of Australia.

Great post Carrots, the flicking of Garlett, Robbo and Betts has ripped something out of the club and the mind set of the so called leaders. Yarran does his one or two runs in the first quarter and goes into his shell and becomes a one step and kick merchant.

The Boult could be a top class power forward but can't control the ball drop. He should never have been allowed to get this far with that kicking style. Our tackling needs a dedicated coach but most of tackling is intent and we now hardly have  player showing that. Stuff it, I'm going fishing.