Skip to main content
Topic: Round 20 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 4680 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 20 Green Shoot of the Week

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face?

He only had 9 possessions but there were one or two things that Pickett did that were classy.  His run down on TWoody was sensational and his camacarzie run off the half back line almost came off. Another couple of times he looked silky.  It put a smile on my face!

Re: Round 20 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #1
Pickett form me for all the reasons momentioned by Townsendcalling, we lack the genuine x-factor this guy could bring and I only hope he gets himself really fit over the summer and turns it on in 2018.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #2
x 3 for Pickett

I haven't liked what I've seen in previous senior games but he showed some signs this time.
From what I've read of his 2nds form he didn't really deserve ( same as big H ) promotion but they threw him in anyway... 

Just a thought - Maybe they should do it with Jaksch  ??   ( throw him in a see what he's got ? )

Or is he a lost cause ??
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #3
Pickett for that big tackle and chase on MTW........

Reply #4
x 3 for Pickett

I haven't liked what I've seen in previous senior games but he showed some signs this time.
From what I've read of his 2nds form he didn't really deserve ( same as big H ) promotion but they threw him in anyway... 

Just a thought - Maybe they should do it with Jaksch  ??   ( throw him in a see what he's got ? )

Or is he a lost cause ??

Agree..I'd play Jaksch at FF and see what he has got for the remaining games....

Reply #5
Agree..I'd play Jaksch at FF and see what he has got for the remaining games....

I'm perplexed as to why we haven't played him so far and could only conclude that his papers are stamped? Bit of a mystery considering we are supposed to be short on fwds.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Loved Pickett's special moments - covered by others.

For me, our little mosquitoes - Samo and ZacAttack in tandem.
Laid a double tackle near our goal square. They forced the ball out to Gibbs, who snapped a nice goal. Imagine when these youngsters are strong enough to lay those tackles on their own. It'll give us another player running free... ^-^

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
While I would prefer to see more consistency from Jarrod Pickett, this was the first time that I thought that he looked like he belonged out there and had the confidence and ability to take the game on.  His chase and tackle that won him a free is my green shoot.

Oh, and I loved Samo letting McDonald-Tipungwuti know that he'd been run down ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
While I would prefer to see more consistency from Jarrod Pickett, this was the first time that I thought that he looked like he belonged out there and had the confidence and ability to take the game on.  His chase and tackle that won him a free is my green shoot.

Oh, and I loved Samo letting McDonald-Tipungwuti know that he'd been run down ????

And Samo's composure in the middle of the last to hit up the leading Silvagni was special as well. Pity SOJ couldn't nail the goal !!
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #9
Pickett and Samo for different reasons.

Samo grew some more leaves and branches.

Pickett broke soil and revealed his green tip (if you'll pardon the expression  :D).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
I just watched a replay of Pickett's run down of McDonald-Tipungwuti and I can't believe how much ground he made up  :o

If Jarrod can do enough to cement a spot as a small forward, opposition defenders will be looking over their shoulders before attempting to run the ball out of defence.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I just watched a replay of Pickett's run down of McDonald-Tipungwuti and I can't believe how much ground he made up  :o

If Jarrod can do enough to cement a spot as a small forward, opposition defenders will be looking over their shoulders before attempting to run the ball out of defence.
Which part of the game was it in? I don't want to watch all of it

Reply #13

Acts like that should be enough to get him a game next week.  It needs to be highlighted and recognised, particularly in the context that Levi gave up on a chase later on. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #14
Acts like that should be enough to get him a game next week.  It needs to be highlighted and recognised, particularly in the context that Levi gave up on a chase later on.
Levi giving up the chase was terrible. It lead directly to the Essendon goal that gave them the lead. A disaster.
Pickett's chase down and tackle was inspirational.
Live Long and Prosper!