Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 393098 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Reply #796
Yep, a good example of rape culture.  Reminds me of those pick-up artists who were to give seminars in Aus.  They boasted that in Japan they'd go up to young women in the streets, grab their heads and move them down to the crotch area.  They advocated taking what you wanted.  There was such an outcry that their visas were cancelled on moral grounds. 

Can you imagine what Bill Cosby and Trump would have talked about at the turn of the century? Yes, the difference is that Cosby is now in court over his brilliant methods of taking what he wanted.  But remember that Trump is currently being sued over child rape.  That complaint details his sense of entitlement and invulnerability which resonates with his words on tape.  That complaint is the absolute king hit which awaits him.  Hillary might unleash it or the media might unleash it as it doesn't seem such an outlier now.

Trump's "apology" was a pathetic non-apology, saying he apologises IF anyone was offended.  He has to deliver a real apology over this before Sunday's debate or he'll be called on to do so there.

Reply #797
I guess it's too much to ask that the requirements for Presidential candidacy be tightened and upgraded so that somebody like Trump doesn't run in the future ? Rather tired of putting up with this mind-polluting crap, wasting months of people's time.

Reply #798
I guess it's too much to ask that the requirements for Presidential candidacy be tightened and upgraded so that somebody like Trump doesn't run in the future ? Rather tired of putting up with this mind-polluting crap, wasting months of people's time.

Unfortunately yes it is  :(

I'm not surprised by his boast that he used his status to obtain sexual gratification and demean women.  What a pathetic grub!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #799
Trump signalling in his "apology" that he's about to unleash personally on the Clintons.
His form of attack will be to try and prove they are "grubbier" than him.

Big task!
It's about to get even more unedifying :(

Reply #800
A scandal like this was always going to happen to Trump... it was inevitable.

It might just scrape in to the top 10 list of batcrap crazy things he has said so far...

Reply #801
Does anyone get the idea that if not for a candidate like trump a candidate like Clinton would never get up and that trump was chosen as candidate to ensure the next American president would be female?

If Hilary can't beat trump in this election then I'll be stumped as to how it happened.

I know this is a bit tin foil cap like, but fork me how could any party pick this moron as a candidate?  It's like picking a three legged horse to win the Melbourne cup. It might get a run but it's got no chance of winning unless people let it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #802
Does anyone get the idea that if not for a candidate like trump a candidate like Clinton would never get up and that trump was chosen as candidate to ensure the next American president would be female?

If Hilary can't beat trump in this election then I'll be stumped as to how it happened.

I know this is a bit tin foil cap like, but fork me how could any party pick this moron as a candidate?  It's like picking a three legged horse to win the Melbourne cup. It might get a run but it's got no chance of winning unless people let it.

The thing is...it wasn't the party that chose him.
It was the people, or a section of the people, who have put him in this position.
Large sections of the party cant stand him....and the consequences of his standing will harm that side of politics.
Supreme court positions is one aspect that they wont control with the almost inevitable loss at the election.
There are also a host of other elections involved in November (House of Reps, Senate positions and several State governorships)...and candidates are "running like the wind" to distance themselves from Trump.

Post election it is likely there will be a huge shake-up of the Republican party (if it survives) to ensure another Trump is never allowed.

Reply #803
Interestingly Lods, an American colleague of mine noted several times that Obama has made changes in office that will make it easier for a "Trump" to get into the White House.

Hilary's biggest challenge, her election, was beating Bernie Sanders. Christ, if only people had voted him in. Polls suggested he would have smashed Trump.

What a set back for that Country. I do feel for the average Joe over there. Really do.
Keep the Faith

Reply #804

A conspiracy theory doing the rounds is that the Clintons worked behind the scenes to get Trump nominated  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #805
Believable at worst.

IMHO the people who wield the power seem intent on distracting the public from real issues they should be concerned with.

Did you know that seven species of bees have been added to the endangered list?

Honey bees some native to Hawaii.

No bees no pollination.

I'll let people fill in the rest. Surprisingly it didn't get a mainstream media mention.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #806
Believable at worst.

IMHO the people who wield the power seem intent on distracting the public from real issues they should be concerned with.

Did you know that seven species of bees have been added to the endangered list?

Honey bees some native to Hawaii.

No bees no pollination.

I'll let people fill in the rest. Surprisingly it didn't get a mainstream media mention.

Don't worry about the bees Thry, someone has invented a tiny drone that can pollinate flowers  ::)

It's no wonder folk are disengaged from the political process  :(

Reply #807
The bloke "caught between a rock and a hard place" is Vice Presidential candidate Mike Pence.
For many Republicans, and voters in general, he is "Streets ahead" of Trump....and possibly a good chance to secure the nomination in four years time.
Does he stick with Trump and go down in a screaming heap with him.
Or does he abandon ship and come back in 2020

Reply #808
Don't worry about the bees Thry, someone has invented a tiny drone that can pollinate flowers  ::)

It's no wonder folk are disengaged from the political process  :(

I'm in NYC atm and from what I've seen so far there is very little interest "on the street" in this election.  :o. We walked past Trump Tower yesterday and there was the usual gaggle of his supporters being jeered at by the crowd across the road, but not a lot of passion on display. On TV there's a hell of a lot more discussion about the NFL!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #809
There'll be a massive audience for the Presidential Town Hall, though.  After all, it's more theatre than politics and there'll be more hits than in an NFL game.

Even those who miss it will "follow it" via Saturday Night Live when Alec Baldwin channels Trump:

[flash=200,200]https://youtu.be/h0MaOzKQOD8[/flash]

[flash=200,200]https://youtu.be/MwxeXHXwnGs[/flash]

The Trump child rape suit has been set down for a case conference on 16 December:  http://perezhilton.com/2016-10-09-donald-trump-child-rape-teenager-jeffrey-epstein-party-13-years-old-sexual-assault-federal-judge-ronnie-abrams-hearing-ordered#.V_qozXQ8ahA.

The very fact that the above article is on the Perez Hilton site means it will reach a more non-political audience.  I wonder if Trump will leave himself open for a king hit by trying to throw around rape allegations against Bill?   He's like Johnny Knoxville, unable to resist the temptation of doing stupid things.