Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon (Read 11482 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon

Reply #135
His disposal was spot on at important moments too.

Yep agree. I liked his game and he seemed to back his first instinct and looked confident whether spoiling, defending or when moving the ball. 

Think it was the 3rd quarter when he took a nice mark going 3 up and that is something only confident defenders do.

Is a much better player than many give credit for.

Reply #136
My late father  was a Carlton man, he would use that expression, mainly on forwards who couldnt kick straight.
Reckoned they were mugs who belonged down back....he loved Harry" Soapy" Vallence and Fev.

Ive heard that saying EB, I was being cheeky suggesting its still applicable now. I should have added a laughing Emoji.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
Ive heard that saying EB, I was being cheeky suggesting its still applicable now. I should have added a laughing Emoji.
GTC, I did get the humour suggesting it's a mugs fest today ;D

Reply #138
I just got an email from Crippa and Doc.  Among other things, they wrote;

“We’ve been in every game, we now expect to win every game and know our best is good enough to mix it with anyone in the competition.”

I think they are right, provided we don’t give opposition teams a start, sort out our kicks inside 50 and improve our goal kicking accuracy.

It was a good win but it would have been a travesty if we had lost.  It goes a little way towards making up for the last two losses.

Plowman was outstanding but it was our defensive pressure all over the ground that enabled him to play as he did.  Good signs indeed  :)

Got the same email. The bold was my favourite line.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #139
Was Plowman good or Papley terrible? Been following Papley's games and form (he was in my Fantasy Footy Team) and he has been putrid the last 5 or so weeks.

Probably a bit of both... maybe Papley has already 'checked out.'

Reply #140
He reminded me of buck red kangaroo.

One of the highlights of my season seeing so much passion expressed by a BlueBagger on the field. That stuff is infectious and uplifting to team mates. Unrestrained celebration, love it.

Reply #142
McGovern qualifies as a mug given he is a forward, hopeless at the minute and others want to make him a reborn  backman.
Agreed, I thought as much about Levi at the moment, he needs to get back to the basics as he seems to be feeling the pressure again and a free floating KPD role could be quite useful. Especially relevant given how De Koning plays.

FWIW, I reckon with each game De Koning looks more and more like a Cripps chop-out option, like SpecialK when he played it seems De Koning is a serious midfield option.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #143
Agreed, I thought as much about Levi at the moment, he needs to get back to the basics as he seems to be feeling the pressure again and a free floating KPD role could be quite useful. Especially relevant given how De Koning plays.

FWIW, I reckon with each game De Koning looks more and more like a Cripps chop-out option, like SpecialK when he played it seems De Koning is a serious midfield option.
DeKoning's ground work is very good and his use by hand is excellent and you are right he does give the midfield another set of hands. Going to be interesting to see when other clubs start to catch on and the tactics they use on him...

Reply #144
Probably a bit of both... maybe Papley has already 'checked out.'

Plowman played a very good game - did everything right.  people seem to jump on a brain fart every week or two, but he generally does do everything right, and keeps some very dangerous forwards quite most of the time.   I'd hate to play on the likes of Papley, Charlie Cameron, etc...

Onto Papley - i hope he's stinking it up on purpose so he can drive his price down a bit.  If we had to pay for him based on first half of season form he'd cost a bomb.  On the other side of the coin, possibly a bit worrying???

Reply #145
Hardly saw Papley on the TV screen to be honest. Sydney were doing the Pagan's paddock that GWS did last week in the final quarter. Pretty taxing style which relies on pace and Papley is not quick. Probably why the Swans faded in the second half too.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #146
DeKoning's ground work is very good and his use by hand is excellent and you are right he does give the midfield another set of hands. Going to be interesting to see when other clubs start to catch on and the tactics they use on him...
They'll try and knock him about physically as he hunts the footy at ground level, to make him timid or hesitant at the footy, it's standard practise.

The Swans actually tried it on after 1/2-time and I thought he returned more than he got, which was very very nice to see from a Carlton big man! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #147
Hardly saw Papley on the TV screen to be honest. Sydney were doing the Pagan's paddock that GWS did last week in the final quarter. Pretty taxing style which relies on pace and Papley is not quick. Probably why the Swans faded in the second half too.

I am having some serious doubts about Papley.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #148
They'll try and knock him about physically as he hunts the footy at ground level, to make him timid or hesitant at the footy, it's standard practise.

The Swans actually tried it on after 1/2-time and I thought he returned more than he got, which was very very nice to see from a Carlton big man! ;D

No doubt you've seen the size of his brothers.

I'd reckon Tom can look after himself.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #149
I am having some serious doubts about Papley.
My doubts are more about the Swans asking price....two first rounders is overs IMHO.
His past month has been poor and he looks like he has switched off, I just dont want to be paying overs both trade and
contract wise and limiting our trade/draft movement.
I'm keen to pick up a couple of good free agents and maybe use one first rounder on a contracted player only..