Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 2: NBs vs North Melbourne (Read 19935 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 2: NBs vs North Melbourne

Reply #105
McKay twins both ordinary today IMO
Blues McKay of course, hampered by injury. He needs a steady run to apply his development and skills.

Probably not a great day to be a key forward either.

Reply #106
I don't think McKay deserves a crack, but he wouldn't do worse than SoJ! ;)

Kerr is the one showing the work ethic and if he brought that to AFL he'd do OK.
100% agree.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107

Harry is a pick 10 and vital to the clubs cause for the future, he plays CHF the hardest spot on the ground, Josh Kennedy was a total spud in his first few seasons and now will probably towel us up next game for another 5-10 goals. We need Harry to be our JK or we are going to struggle bigtime, Jack is a good kid who has Navy Blue blood in his veins and tried hard vs Nth but isnt a high impact player and being a later pick doesnt have as much riding on him. Harry will get a free pass every now and then as will Dow as will OBrien, SPS etc who were all taken as early picks, thats how it works, they will be gifted games due to the expectation they carry. Jack carried a bit too for a while but thats been tempered as he will never be as good as his old man and is a side dish rather than a main course and we have all learned to accept that...
I have a theory that if Kerr was a top ten pick he would have played seniors by now.....?

We kicked 4 goals vs North who are one of the worst teams going around IMO.......can it get any worse.....?
EB you quickly forget, or conveniently omit, a few things here. JK as an 18 year old had an incredible work ethic from day one. He turned up to a training camp at Mt Buller arm in sling to do a hike with his team mates when he was told to stay home, said to the docs "She'll be right". H from all reports is a lazy assed lug with not much btw the ears and not much desperation or urgency. A 19 year old Harry Mackay wouldnt tie the same aged JK's boot laces. He needs to harden the fark up, put in or fark off. Patty Kerr on the other hand deserves a crack at AFL definitely, shown enough I reckon, he must be close. Yes big fellas take time but Its no surprise both twins are still languishing in the 2s and not showing much desire to get into the 1s. For all his faults, blokes like Jack at least crack in and have a dip for he jumper and his team mates. I cant see H doing that, I'll go as far to say that's one pick SOS looks to have got wrong.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #108
EB you quickly forget, or conveniently omit, a few things here. JK as an 18 year old had an incredible work ethic from day one. He turned up to a training camp at Mt Buller arm in sling to do a hike with his team mates when he was told to stay home, said to the docs "She'll be right". H from all reports is a lazy assed lug with not much btw the ears and not much desperation or urgency. A 19 year old Harry Mackay wouldnt tie the same aged JK's boot laces. He needs to harden the fark up, put in or fark off. Patty Kerr on the other hand deserves a crack at AFL definitely, shown enough I reckon, he must be close. Yes big fellas take time but Its no surprise both twins are still languishing in the 2s and not showing much desire to get into the 1s. For all his faults, blokes like Jack at least crack in and have a dip for he jumper and his team mates. I cant see H doing that, I'll go as far to say that's one pick SOS looks to have got wrong.

GTC...JK was a hard worker and for sure has Harry covered for intensity etc....I dont know anything about Harry's work ethic etc or how bright he is.....Yep he does look lazy or laconic which ever way you take how he runs/contests etc but he does also have a lot of talent IMO and SOS must have done his due diligence on his mental approach to the game and off field stuff etc..
I looked at another lazy player with not much between the ears today in Jake Stringer and he kicked 4 goals for Essendon and won them the game, now I'm not saying you want a team of lazy bums who might get away with taking short cuts but if their talent is sufficient to win you games of football I am happy to extend the boundaries of the culture to fit them in.
We dont know if Harry is that good yet but I'd like to play him to find out before we fark him off.....

Its a bit like Ed Curnow IMO, Ed is a great trainer/role model etc etc but Sidebottom and Higgins have slaughtered him these past two weeks and been BOG.....its great how Ed presents every season and how hard he tries but the facts are honest triers/good clubmen can only take you so far and a lazy player with more ability can take you further....you need a balance and we lack genuine talent so Harry needs trialling IMO..

Reply #109
There is a thought that the Twins need reuniting before they'll come good, should that be at Carlton or Norp?

To do that deal would probably cost one Weitering, a Williamson and say a Polson, or a couple of Kerridge types.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110
There is a thought that the Twins need reuniting before they'll come good, should that be at Carlton or Norp?

Done....Harry for Ben Brown....

Reply #111
GTC...JK was a hard worker and for sure has Harry covered for intensity etc....I dont know anything about Harry's work ethic etc or how bright he is.....Yep he does look lazy or laconic which ever way you take how he runs/contests etc but he does also have a lot of talent IMO and SOS must have done his due diligence on his mental approach to the game and off field stuff etc..
I looked at another lazy player with not much between the ears today in Jake Stringer and he kicked 4 goals for Essendon and won them the game, now I'm not saying you want a team of lazy bums who might get away with taking short cuts but if their talent is sufficient to win you games of football I am happy to extend the boundaries of the culture to fit them in.
We dont know if Harry is that good yet but I'd like to play him to find out before we fark him off.....

Its a bit like Ed Curnow IMO, Ed is a great trainer/role model etc etc but Sidebottom and Higgins have slaughtered him these past two weeks and been BOG.....its great how Ed presents every season and how hard he tries but the facts are honest triers/good clubmen can only take you so far and a lazy player with more ability can take you further....you need a balance and we lack genuine talent so Harry needs trialling IMO..
I understand exactly what you mean. Point is, if he was ready to play this year, he would have by now. Clearly there is something he isn't doing, we dont know what is is, the MC do however, he knows it and the rest of playing group would know it. When you set a culture where games must be earned (albeit slightly different KPIs/criteria for different players), you cant make exceptions. Are we screaming out for a KPF? My bloody oath we are. Is the coach itching to get him into the side? My word he is. He isnt playing for a reason, watching him today I can see why. Mate if he gets a call up and lights it up or even just contributes, or throws some weight around, I will be as happy as a pig in s h i t, for him and for the club. All I am saying is I will back the club in on his non selection ATM. Take Weiters for example, not setting the world on fire but the MC are backing him in, why is that do you think?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #112
I understand exactly what you mean. Point is, if he was ready to play this year, he would have by now. Clearly there is something he isn't doing, we dont know what is is, the MC do however, he knows it and the rest of playing group would know it. When you set a culture where games must be earned (albeit slightly different KPIs/criteria for different players), you cant make exceptions. Are we screaming out for a KPF? My bloody oath we are. Is the coach itching to get him into the side? My word he is. He isnt playing for a reason, watching him today I can see why. Mate if he gets a call up and lights it up or even just contributes, or throws some weight around, I will be as happy as a pig in s h i t, for him and for the club. All I am saying is I will back the club in on his non selection ATM. Take Weiters for example, not setting the world on fire but the MC are backing him in, why is that do you think?

You're promoting different rules for different folks...

Big, big no no....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #113
I understand exactly what you mean. Point is, if he was ready to play this year, he would have by now. Clearly there is something he isn't doing, we dont know what is is, the MC do however, he knows it and the rest of playing group would know it.

Posters have to check out the replay of today's 1st Qtr in the VFL, you'll see McKay's shortcomings if you keep an eye on things behind the play. He's miles away from the AFL, he'd be lucky if he's achieving half the required intensity.

SoJ gives the intensity, so does Weitering, both are horribly out of form. It was probably correct on effort but I thought it sent a very bad message bringing SoJ back in despite his excellent work ethic, because it looked to me that others deserved a crack.

I also think Kreuzer being injured has been fortunate for Levi, because at the moment it's hard to see him out of the side for reasons that are not related to his play. Which seems to make it difficult for the others to fit in. If Kreuzer is out things may be forced to change.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #114

To do that deal would probably cost one Weitering, a Williamson and say a Polson, or a couple of Kerridge types.

They can have him for a 1st rounder.

I'm pretty sure i've heard them prefer to play against eachother though.

Reply #115
They can have him for a 1st rounder.

I'm pretty sure i've heard them prefer to play against eachother though.

I think that may come from a desire not to compete with each other for the same spot. But their whole junior career has been one as a KPD and the other a KPF. They do the twin stuff, like they know what the other will do and where they will be. The thought is in the noise of an AFL game it could be a real advantage, they may have a sum that is bigger than the individual contributions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
What’s the go with lang?

Haven’t heard anything about him.

McKay said on his Tuesday injury rapt about 2 weeks ago he was a test. Did he play today?

Reply #117
What’s the go with lang?

Haven’t heard anything about him.

McKay said on his Tuesday injury rapt about 2 weeks ago he was a test. Did he play today?

Nope.

We got him at a discount because he was damaged goods, and everyone on here can't accept that this might be the case.  He'll come good eventually but Geelong only traded him because their time is now and Lang is set to have a poor 2018.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #118
Nope.

We got him at a discount because he was damaged goods, and everyone on here can't accept that this might be the case.  He'll come good eventually but Geelong only traded him because their time is now and Lang is set to have a poor 2018.

Geez.

If true the club feels we are in a position to go backwards this year and it’s ok. Cause that’s whats going to happen if we get nothing from Lang. Gibbs will turn into a massive loss.

Then again not as dumb as selecting Mullet. Everyone comments he is a good kick yet his rarely hits a target and usually coughs it up when there is no pressure on him. His kicking is woeful. Hate to see his weakness if kicking is his strength.

And O’Shea and Shaw are other inclusions that make little sense.

Reply #119
Nope.

Think Lang was part of the money that had to go to Ablett and they couldnt afford him given how tight things are cp wise down at the cattery..