Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 2: NBs vs North Melbourne (Read 20164 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 2: NBs vs North Melbourne

Reply #75
Kangabies win by 3 pts.

Bad fade although kicking against the wind and rain.

Encouraged by Phillips, Kerr, Le Bois, Shaw, Polson had dip, Lamb was v good early...

Who was that dill who had the ball at 50m late in the qtr then handballed instead of kicked? That was a bad fumble too but it was raining hard, more reason to get the ball deep. This is our problem, being dumb, not mention those damn red time goals

Reply #76
Nothing much to get excited about but it was a fair effort coming off a 130 point loss.
McKay looks miles away from senior football.

At least Kerr looked closer.

Reply #77
I reckon an iceberg has more versatility than our Harry, the bonehead who gave away that free after the goal should be sacked on the spot, cost a team/club so in need of SOMETHING......
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #78
DISPOSALS: Kerridge 22, Wilson 22, Shaw 20, Phillips 19, Lamb 17, Penrith 17.

Goals: Lamb 3, LeBois 3, McKay 2, Polson 2
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #79
Who was that dill who had the ball at 50m late in the qtr then handballed instead of kicked? That was a bad fumble too but it was raining hard, more reason to get the ball deep. This is our problem, being dumb, not mention those damn red time goals
The dill was earlier, JGM gave away the stupidest free which resulted in a double goal. That got them close and their tails were up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
At least Kerr looked closer.

They might as well try and make a ruckman out of McKay, he might go better when he  knows roughly where the ball will be because from what I've seen of him he struggles to get to where the ball is playing as a forward.
We've got nothing to lose, he's contracted until the end of next year anyway.
Polson shows a bit for sure, and LeBois at least seems to know where the goals are so he's ahead of a few of our smaller forwards.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #81
Lebois showed a bit, as did Kerr. Harry is miles off, no surprises his brother is in the 2s also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #82
Encouraging signs until 3/4 Time. Then, despite north having 2 players down, we couldn't sustain a significant lead. Nothing honourable about it. Just inadequacies all over the ground in final quarter.  Farewell to JGM.

Of our AFL Polson, Rowe, Flipper, LeBois, Kerr, DeKonig, Shaw, and Lamb were solid. If that's how if Polson's game is representative of his commitment, I see why he got a call up, particularly with our mounting injuries.

Other than That, our club's starting 2018 in worrying style. A turn around is needed soon or the problem will snowball.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #83
They might as well try and make a ruckman out of McKay, he might go better when he  knows roughly where the ball will be because from what I've seen of him he struggles to get to where the ball is playing as a forward.
We've got nothing to lose, he's contracted until the end of next year anyway.
Polson shows a bit for sure, and LeBois at least seems to know where the goals are so he's ahead of a few of our smaller forwards.

McKay is doing alot of ruck work at training. He hasn't been too bad in the NBs over the last two years and wasn't bad at all in his two games in the seniors. Injuries are killing him and not allowing him any continuity. That latter is what Bolton is waiting for as he was anxious to get him in the side but just not until he is ready.

Reply #84
There's a part of me that says if a lot of these young guys are the future...let's get them playing together and developing a bond and understanding.
If we're going to go down in a screaming heap this year let's do that...and get the 'future' working as a team.
Whether that's at AFL or VFL level doesn't really fuss me.

Reply #85
He doesn't look injured to me, he just really struggles to make position or have any real impact.
The way it's going we'll still be saying he needs more time in 2025.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #86
TDK showed more that H today.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #87
There's a part of me that says if a lot of these young guys are the future...let's get them playing together and developing a bond and understanding.
If we're going to go down in a screaming heap this year let's do that...and get the 'future' working as a team.
Whether that's at AFL or VFL level doesn't really fuss me.

Loads I'm with you. If we want to give the youngsters games together, this might be worth a shot. As you say it's not like we're looking competitive.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #88
He doesn't look injured to me, he just really struggles to make position or have any real impact.
The way it's going we'll still be saying he needs more time in 2025.

He has been injured. That what Bolton said clearly during the week. He said he's hanging out to play him but said, due to his issues, he needs continuity of games.

Reply #89
Harry has ability, he should be playing seniors instead of running around with bananas like Jessie GMac in the NB's, some players will never show anything in the twos but shine when they play seniors...time to find out and same with Kerr.