Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood at Ikon on Sunday (Read 4239 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW 2020 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood at Ikon on Sunday

It will be interesting to see how Collingwood play this week, having stolen Davies. It will also make next weekend's game have a little spice. I'm hoping we can keep our run against the Meat Pies going.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW 2020 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood at Ikon on Sunday

Reply #1
It will be interesting to see how Collingwood play this week, having stolen Davies. It will also make next weekend's game have a little spice. I'm hoping we can keep our run against the Meat Pies going.

I'd be playing McEvoy on Davey and send a message that we don't need you, you have been replaced.

I note that the club has refused to acknowledge her since she left.
On 'Behind the game changers' they freely talk about previous players in regards to past stories, habits and what not. When the player in question was Bri Davey they refused to name her and said 'we wont talk about her will we' or words to that effect.
I think players are very bitter, still, towards her and they'd be keen to ensure she knows she made the wrong call.

Reply #2
Davey was taken from the ground with a lower leg injury late in the 3rd quarter today.

She appeared to be in a lot of pain, had the stretcher come out to her, but she hopped, and then limped off the ground without it in the end. Rules state that if a stretcher comes out, you are done for the day. So she may have been good enough to coe back on, but we'll never know.

The injury itself occurred in a marking contest, appeared to get a knock on her left leg, below the knee. Potential for a break, possibly a PCL, but also possibly just a bone on bone crunch/stinger.

Fingers crossed she needs a week off. ;)

Reply #3
Davey was taken from the ground with a lower leg injury late in the 3rd quarter today.

She appeared to be in a lot of pain, had the stretcher come out to her, but she hopped, and then limped off the ground without it in the end. Rules state that if a stretcher comes out, you are done for the day. So she may have been good enough to coe back on, but we'll never know.

The injury itself occurred in a marking contest, appeared to get a knock on her left leg, below the knee. Potential for a break, possibly a PCL, but also possibly just a bone on bone crunch/stinger.

Fingers crossed she needs a week off. ;)
Indeed.
I can understand why the girls are still angry with Davey. I am too.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Indeed.
I can understand why the girls are still angry with Davey. I am too.
This a is an aspect of AFLW that will show itself as a stark contrast to AFL, it's highly highly unlikely the girls will be having a friendly beer with Davey after a match.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
I would prefer it if the person we can’t mention  ;) was fit to play.  It would mean that Collingwood have no excuses and it would also give our players an opportunity to work out their frustrations/anger  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
I would prefer it if the person we can’t mention  ;) was fit to play.  It would mean that Collingwood have no excuses and it would also give our players an opportunity to work out their frustrations/anger  :)
Nah, f*** em. Let them have their excuses. This will be their 4th excuse on why they lost to us. ;)

Incidently, the Magpies are the only team above us on the combined ladder, albeit with a mere 3% of difference...345% to 342%
next best is 278%

Reply #7
Squad is in for Sundays game....

B: G.Pound 6 C.Wilson 20
HB: K.Harrington - C 9 V.Laloifi 8 L.Brazzale 12
C: C.Dalton 15 G.Gee 19 J.Hosking 11
HF: N.Stevens 21 T.Harris 7 L.McEvoy 13
F: A.Downie 30 J.Doonan 26
Foll: B.Moody 16 G.Egan 1 M.Prespakis 4
I/C: S.Hosking 10 N.Plane 32 B.Walker 14 K.Loynes 2 D.Vescio 3 J.Edwards 25 A.McKay 5

In: J.Hosking, J.Edwards, A.McKay
Out: J.Van Dyk (injured)

Reply #8
....and the opposition....

COLLINGWOOD

B: A.Porter 9 S.Livingstone 12
HB: L.Butler 23 A.Brazill 10 E.Fowler 15
C: S.Rowe 7 B.Bonnici 8 S.Chiocci - C 17
HF: C.Molloy 2 S.D'Arcy 4 S.Dargan 46
F: M.Cann 25 J.Allen 6
Foll: S.Layton 1 A.Sheridan 14 J.Lambert 13
I/C: S.Casey 22 K.Stratton 41 S.Alexander 24 J.Membrey 21 M.Shevlin 35 E.Hynes 11 E.O'Dea 50

In: K.Stratton, E.Hynes, E.O'Dea
Out: B.Davey (shin)

:))  :))  :))  :))

Reply #9
They've got their excuse so we'd better flog them by a fair margin; 4 goals will do nicely :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Final teams are same as above, Jess Hosking in, Jess Edwards and Abbie McKay the emergencies

Reply #11
It will be interesting to see as a spectacle how the girls handle today's blustery conditions,

Even at the level of power and run shown in the AFL, games conducted in very strong winds can become a error riddled slug-fest. I fear today might be look closer to junior football that professional adult sport.

It will be a significant test for the bona fide of Harf's flexible game plan.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Harris looks to be beaten convincingly by Livingston. No impact at ground level, and not much of a target in the air.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
Our girls are being smashed around the football, looks like Nthmond's tactics weren't just an aberration! :o

Harris looks to be beaten convincingly by Livingston. No impact at ground level, and not much of a target in the air.
Tayla looks like she lacks run, might be a bit of a side-effect of the boxing training but I suspect it's mainly the opposition tactic to stop her run at the ball. She needs to have a chat with Levi. Plus, I'm not so impressed with our flexible tactics if they are to kick to the person who is standing alone besides two or three opponents.

Presparkis is a gun, best AFLW footballer by some margin!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Loynes and Harrington playing under duress.

The ball barracking for Collingwood at every bouncing opportunity

A goal to the opposition in the first 10 seconds of the game.

Prespakis being taken out of the game.....well as much as anyone has managed to do so far in her short career.

Inaccurate kicking at goal.

.....and we are still only 2 goals down.