Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Action: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6858 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Action: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #136
Saad is worth every bit of the pick 8 we gave up for him.
He is but we have some very over rated soft pretenders, they lost Elliott had one less day to prepare and ran harder at the end.

Reply #137
Plowman gave up at least 8 goals tonight.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #138
Shameful performance

Did not once look like winning that game in 4Q. Pies just more professional I hate to say.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #140
Setterfield, Williamson, Casboult, Murphy - You all don't deserve a game next week.

Cripps and Docherty I should include you in this but because you are captains you're going to get a game. Worst luck both are liabilities.

Bring in Stocker, Kennedy, McDonald, at least they will play with heart.

Teague should be worried, Lyon sitting in the wings and we have very little defensive pressure.

We have not improved at all, Collingwood wanted the ball and we just sat back and let them.

Like what I saw from Fogarty, Harry, Williams, Saad, Gibbons, Martin and Fisher.

It's the same old story, too much left to too few.

Carlton supporters have been duped into thinking this is a good team on the rise, it's an unbalanced, injured wreck with good PR.

Reply #141
13 tackles to 5 in that quarter. Who wanted it more......

Reply #142
Plowman gave up at least 8 goals tonight.

He was ordinary, but with the way the ball was coming in he had no hope, nor did many of our defenders, sh!+pressure from everyone forward of centre apart from Fogarty and Fisher.

Reply #143
Adams was BOG... Will be Collingwood's next captain.. Thought we were poor in the middle and have to make some changes..

Reply #144
He was ordinary, but with the way the ball was coming in he had no hope, nor did many of our defenders, sh!+pressure from everyone forward of centre apart from Fogarty and Fisher.

That was ultimately why we lost.  We bomb it in, they kick to their forwards advantage.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #145
Pittonett is a d grade ruck and Grundy showed him up as much. The Grundy to Adams show was predictable and Teague took 3 quarters to put Curnow on him. When the class of Pendlebury and Adams are getting first dibs on the ball we have no hope in defence as our mids don't apply any pressure.

Reply #146
Carlton supporters have been duped into thinking this is a good team on the rise, it's an unbalanced, injured wreck with good PR.

Comments like this will come back to haunt you.

All the pieces of the puzzle are there, we just need to find the right hole.....and get a bit of luck with our injuries up forward.
When you are missing...
1. C. Curnow
2. J. Silvagni
3. M. McGovern
4. E. Betts

Who are all injured or recovering from injuries, there is no pressure on the people in the 1's.
No way should Casboult have played this week, but because we've got nobody else to take his spot, it continues.

All that aside, we are still moving the chess pieces around the rest of the ground.
Finally playing Murphy forward.
Setterfield either doesn't have a position, or doesn't know what is. Is he a wing an inside mid, a back pocket? We don't know.
Newnes and Fogarty do their role, regardless. How many others can say the same.
Even regulars like Ed Curnow, Sam Docherty and SPS might need to be relocated somewhat to get the best out of themselves.

Since Teague tookover, i don't think we've lost by more than 6 goals. The list is better this year than last. Improvement will come.
Having Charlie Curnow in makes us a 3-4 goal better side, which makes us 2-0 instead of 0-2.

Reply #147
Pittonett is a d grade ruck and Grundy showed him up as much.
Harsh.

Pittonet vs Grundy
Clearances: 4-4
Marks: 3-3
CM: 2-1
Kicks: 7-7
Intercepts: 2-3
I50's: 3-1
Score involvements: 0-1
Scores: 1.1-0.0
Hitouts: 21-51

I'd like to see the hitouts to advantage stats to get a better picture of how dominant he was in the ruck.....but once the ruck contest was over, Pittonet had the better of Grundy IMO.

Reply #148
I fear Teague just did not do his homework.  Timid and reacts like a slug in the sun.  Time waits for no-one