Skip to main content
Topic: Star Wars - SPOILERS (Read 10009 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Star Wars - SPOILERS

Reply #15
Just realised Captain Phasma is played by the big chick from Game of Thrones.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Phasma was, quite frankly, weak as poss.  Shiny suit not substance.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
I'm with back couple of others,  but have never watched a full Star Wars film, however,  my Mrs loves them.

Saw the new one today with her.  It was okay - better than expected,  few references I got and probably heaps I missed.

Certainly not going back to watch the previous 6....

Reply #18
I'm with back couple of others,  but have never watched a full Star Wars film, however,  my Mrs loves them.

Saw the new one today with her.  It was okay - better than expected,  few references I got and probably heaps I missed.

Certainly not going back to watch the previous 6....

Just watch the original 3, thats all you need to watch.

Reply #19
I'm with you cookie, saw the first many years ago and haven't been back since. Not sure what all the hype is about but I'm getting by pretty well without it, I'm sure you are as well!

So there you are, Cookiest One... you're not alone. You, me and the Sexiestbronc (so far) are all in the corner yawning at all this Stars Wars stuff (and have been since the late 70s). Many, many better Sci-Fi's about.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Guys trying not to spoil it for myself.....but can anyone confirm whether it's like the old evil Star Wars or the new age politically correct happy Star Wars??
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
I'm a trekkie myself
But I've seen all the Star Wars movies
I really enjoyed the first one.
It was different to anything we'd seen before.
It was like a classic western in space....Star Trek meets the Searchers
As the movies went on I thought they became less effective....I really can't remember a lot of the elements of the second three ( a young Skywalker/Vader and that seahorse thing...but little about the plot.)

I guess that's why I'm struggling to drag myself to see the new one....but I will get to it while it's still on the big screen.
The general consensus seems to be that it's much better than the second three and returns to the more traditional style of the originals...but it's doubtful it would have the impact of that first one...is that about right?

Reply #22
Lods, Star Wars was something the world hadn't seen before, with it's special effects and positive story line. I have the DVD box set which has a look back at the Making of Star Wars and how it was almost canned, and how the movies around it were very down trodden, bleak future kind of stuff. Star Wars was credited of pulling the USA out of its funk and turning it into the corporate super power it became in the 80's and 90's.

You can't catch that sort of lightning in a bottle twice.

If you take it for what it is, you will enjoy. It's in the same style of Eps 4,5,6.

What I really enjoyed was the sound, in so many big blockbuster films the sound is turned up to maximum. While you could hear everything, it didn't split your eardrums and you could really pick up the surround sounds.

Reply #23
Capt. Kremmen and Carla are more my style.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
My little bloke adores the clone troopers so I've seen episode 2 and the CW series about 4000 times. Loved parts of episode 3 but hated the petulant kid Anikin and Padmes awful wooden "acting".  The new one was horribly derivative, too long and boring.  Kylo Ren came across as a pimply petulant brat and Ten as a Hermione type.... Empire strikes back is by far the best movie and next flick must follow that vein or the franchise is doomed to fizzle out.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
Guys trying not to spoil it for myself.....but can anyone confirm whether it's like the old evil Star Wars or the new age politically correct happy Star Wars??

If you like the old ones Carrots then you will like this one.  ^-^
Enjoy it for what it is... a Star Wars flick.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #26
Sweet!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
So there you are, Cookiest One... you're not alone. You, me and the Sexiestbronc (so far) are all in the corner yawning at all this Stars Wars stuff (and have been since the late 70s). Many, many better Sci-Fi's about.
Im a Star Wars yawner also, watched it online when it came out then went to IMAX with some mates the other night for the hell of it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
I loved the new star wars movie.

i used to be massively in to it but the prequels were not to my liking.

Reply #29
I must be the only person, in Australia at least, who has never seen any of the Star Wars movies. If I wanted to see this latest one I guess I'd have to catch up with all of the others first in order to make any sense of it. That's a bit off-putting in terms of the amount of time involved. I feel quite inadequate at gatherings, last Boxing Day for instance, when the conversation turns to Star Wars and I'm unable to get involved.  :-\

Not the only person Cookie, Haven't seen one of them, doubt I'll get around to it either