Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks  (Read 39739 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks

Reply #105
Ellard has been tried and found wanting at senior level and is very lucky to be on a AFL list, we need to move on from playerw who we know wont make it
and try ones who might make it......

Agree. We know what Ellard can and can't do. We need to look at others now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #106
Agree. We know what Ellard can and can't do. We need to look at others now.

x 3. Great heart, fair skills, slow and too damn small.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #107
X4

Simply not good enough.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #108
David Ellard has always given 100%, which many others haven't, but is just not good enough and won't be here next season.
Play the younger blokes from now on.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #109
Not sure which game others were watching, but I also went along to see the box hill hawks v northern blues and I wasn't impressed by Kreuzer at all, despite all of the positive reports -  basically he hasn't learnt that hacking the ball forward is not the answer and I don't think that his game deserves a recall.

The only players that slightly stood out for the blues was a chap called Tim Wilson (number 1) - he played like Ballantyne and Tom Fields whose kicking range is enormous, although he often kicked it over his teammates heads.

Blaine Johnson can't kick period.

Kristina jaksch can't cut the mustard in the 2s - looks like Luke Livingston mark 2.

Watson spent all day behind his man. Boy, is he slow!

Whiley, ellard, Walsh were slow and ineffective.

J foster looked ok and moved well, but needs 2 pre-seasons in the gym.

All in all a messy and uninspiring match, albeit the conditions were terrible.

Reply #110
Not sure which game others were watching, but I also went along to see the box hill hawks v northern blues and I wasn't impressed by Kreuzer at all, despite all of the positive reports -  basically he hasn't learnt that hacking the ball forward is not the answer and I don't think that his game deserves a recall.

The only players that slightly stood out for the blues was a chap called Tim Wilson (number 1) - he played like Ballantyne and Tom Fields whose kicking range is enormous, although he often kicked it over his teammates heads.

Blaine Johnson can't kick period.

Kristina jaksch can't cut the mustard in the 2s - looks like Luke Livingston mark 2.

Watson spent all day behind his man. Boy, is he slow!

Whiley, ellard, Walsh were slow and ineffective.

J foster looked ok and moved well, but needs 2 pre-seasons in the gym.

All in all a messy and uninspiring match, albeit the conditions were terrible.

Tom Wilson..goer, but very small, maybe rookie potential as a small forward but doesnt have the tricks or overhead ability you need as a real small forward these days....
Fields is a nice kick but is that inbetween height defender and needs some more body on body practice...
Foster kicks the ball well but has Liam Jones problem..doesnt get enough of the ball and relies on others to deliver the footy too him...

Reply #111

Couldn't disagree more. If he doesn't play it will be about managing his workload and not his play.

No report I read or the vision of the game (which I watched from start to finish) suggested it was a display of champagne footy on his behalf. But his effort was fantastic, he becomes another on-baller. The three commentators and the boundary rider all commented on the difference he made to the side.

He was playing wet weather football and it was wet the entire time he was on the field just about.

Rucked, blocked, tackled and, yes, hacked a lot of ball out congestion.

As the game dried out, his impact as less as the Hawks ball use all over the ground was just far superior.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #112
Kristian jaksch can't cut the mustard in the 2s - looks like Luke Livingston mark 2.

Shown plenty in the ones already. Just needs a credible development plan.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #113

He looked alright earlier in the year though, amazing what a lack of confidence can do to a player. Remember Mick screaming at him on the boundary in round 1? Has gone backwards ever since. He'll get it back, he just needs a little time away from Mick.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #114
Jaksch looked alright when he kicked a goal against Richmond in round 1.......and that was all she wrote, been a complete & utter spud before & after in Navy Blue.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #115
Jaksch looked alright when he kicked a goal against Richmond in round 1.......and that was all she wrote, been a complete & utter spud before & after in Navy Blue.

If Casboult keeps improving his kicking at the same rate he is currently improving we won't have an issue. As his kicking improves, his confidence will improve and his marking will improve, it will all happen together because we finally got hold of a support coach who knows what he is talking about!

That people is a massive tell! ;)

Imagine a smooth working forward line with Meat, Menzel, Everitt, Cripps, Bell, Murphy and Boekhurst all going berserk! All we need is the corner stone, and a straight kicking Meat crunching packs makes others look ordinary!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116

I thought he looked every bit a good footballer in the NAB Cup. I know it's only the NAB Cup but if you move well you move well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #117
I thought he looked every bit a good footballer in the NAB Cup. I know it's only the NAB Cup but if you move well you move well.
I tend to agree: in the NAB Cup, Jaksch looked like he has a future. But he does tend to move a bit like a tank and he doesn't get off the ground when he tries to spoil, so punches are always low. I'd be working on his speed off the mark, his ability to be proactive instead of reactive (you always look slow when you react) and his spring. It is there: he gets off the ground when going for a mark, but is never going to have the huge leap that Walker (or Smith) have.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #118

Like a lot of backman, he'll get better when we get better.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #119
Like a lot of backman, he'll get better when we get better.

Yes the same applies to White, Tuohy, Rowe and Jamison.

But it also poses a question, why is Docherty so good in 2015, he must be seriously talented?
The Force Awakens!