Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks  (Read 39735 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks

Reply #90
If he's going to break down it matters little which league he plays in. According to most he was BOG. Time to play him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #91
Bradley Walsh has been one of our most consistent players in the twos.  Would love him to get a chance before the year is out. 

Reply #92
WOW !!
I'd just like to say that I'm stunned to be sitting here...

I can't believe that carrots disagrees with me.

If it doesn't matter which league he breaks down in then he should have played against Sydney last week.
The guy has a serious lack of footy with injuries placing his career at the crossroads, in fact Inho one more non collision injury this year and he's gone.
I don't think he'll actually get any benefit from playing seniors this week and then having a rest, continuity is what he needs, to build strength in his ankles, his body overall and of course his match conditioning.
See how he pulls up this week, but for mine let him repeat in the nb's for the next two weeks then promote him.
He's got a heart like pharlap, we know what he can do when fit, it's worth holding him back for two weeks.
More to lose than gain...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #93
For me there's no urgency to get Kreuz back into the seniors this week, we are not trying to save Mick's career any longer. I favour bringing him back after the bye after we have seen him play well and uninjured in the NBs for another couple of weeks.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #94
WOW !!
I'd just like to say that I'm stunned to be sitting here...

I can't believe that carrots disagrees with me.

If it doesn't matter which league he breaks down in then he should have played against Sydney last week.

Not true as he needed the run, now he's had the run and a very good one at that, let's play him. Not rocket science.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
Duty of care.

That's not rocket science, btw Adrian whitehead says hello...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #96
For me there's no urgency to get Kreuz back into the seniors this week, we are not trying to save Mick's career any longer. I favour bringing him back after the bye after we have seen him play well and uninjured in the NBs for another couple of weeks.

i have said before kruezer needs 6 weeks in the reserves

if he fails this year to make it as a result of another injury im afraid it may be goodbye..

Reply #97
Bradley Walsh has been one of our most consistent players in the twos.  Would love him to get a chance before the year is out.

No argument from me..both Walsh and Fields are players I would like to see promoted at some stage and given some games to get a taste.....
You add Byrne and Sheehan to those two and at least we have some kids who might progress...

Reply #98
I was at the game today and thought Kreuzer was easily our best player and actually kept us in the game for the first three quarters. He was only up against first year ruckman Marc Pittonet, but he dominated the hitouts and helped us win a lot of clearances with his follow up bullocking work. I don't know how many possessions he had but he was very effective and our only clear winner on the day.
Fair enough. Personally I am very glad to see him playing a little better. In a few weeks I hope he is displaying form against serious opposition. He needs the game time and he needs to start grabbing his marks cleanly.
Two weeks ago against North Ballarat he was pretty ordinary and was beaten by a young Queenslander named Preuss and an old hand in Stephenson. He needed the run very badly and could only improve on that performance. To have him step up and improve is as positive a sign as we could get from a game, especially in difficult conditions.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #99
Give Kreuzer time.

we have been too impatient with this bloke and rushed him back every step of the way.

Let him build his CONFIDENCE IN HIS BODY.

the rest will fall into place soon afterwards.

Mind you, David Ellard starred in this match, but you won't hear too many people asking for him to come back into the ones, because unlike Mick they don't like double standards.
;)
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #100
Duty of care.

That's not rocket science, btw Adrian whitehead says hello...

So you're saying had Whitehead played reserves instead of seniors he never would've re-injured himself? Amazing logic.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #101
Mind you, David Ellard starred in this match, but you won't hear too many people asking for him to come back into the ones, because unlike Mick they don't like double standards.
;)

Mick's said on plenty of occasions that there are different rules for different players. But when you can do no wrong, you can do no wrong :P 

Reply #102
Mick's said on plenty of occasions that there are different rules for different players. But when you can do no wrong, you can do no wrong :P

So, we too are going to have different rules for different players?

I.e. Ellard does whatever is asked of him, to his best capability but lets play someone else who is under achieving because they are more talented for the same net result???

Or do we want to advocate equal treatment?  After all, we lost by 60 points what does it matter anyway?

;)

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #103
So, we too are going to have different rules for different players?

I.e. Ellard does whatever is asked of him, to his best capability but lets play someone else who is under achieving because they are more talented for the same net result???

Or do we want to advocate equal treatment?  After all, we lost by 60 points what does it matter anyway?

;)

Ellard has been tried and found wanting at senior level and is very lucky to be on a AFL list, we need to move on from playerw who we know wont make it
and try ones who might make it......

Reply #104
Ellard has been tried and found wanting at senior level and is very lucky to be on a AFL list, we need to move on from playerw who we know wont make it
and try ones who might make it......

I tend to agree, we have too many on the list who are "competitive on a very good day" and uncompetitive on every other day!

We needs some blokes who can influence games when they are not having a day out, and can be match winners on a really good day!
The Force Awakens!