Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge  (Read 47865 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge

Reply #105
re: Broad....no one walks these days, had every right to stand his ground and the Poms were probably still dirty over the Trott dismissal so I didnt expect any gentlemans cricket to be played...

Pattinson was dissapointing IMO....seemed intent to want to rough up Broad and bowled too short and at the body too much...no life in the pitch and the tall Broad handled it easily.

I thought Agar bowled well and has good control, not a big spinner but doesnt bowl much rubbish .

Probably have to chase 300 plus and the Poms have their  noses in front.....need Clarke or another top order batter to get a century....

I used to think Ian Bell was a dud when Warnie had him covered but credit to the little bloke he has a fine test record and a very tight technique.

re: Haddin.....owes us a good innings...been average with the gloves and his judgement on appeals to have them reviewed has been ordinary.

Its not over but that wicket is cracking up bigtime and I think it will very hard work batting last....losing the toss may hurt us more than the Broad wicket IMO.

Reply #106
re: Broad....no one walks these days, had every right to stand his ground and the Poms were probably still dirty over the Trott dismissal so I didnt expect any gentlemans cricket to be played...

Pattinson was dissapointing IMO....seemed intent to want to rough up Broad and bowled too short and at the body too much...no life in the pitch and the tall Broad handled it easily.

I thought Agar bowled well and has good control, not a big spinner but doesnt bowl much rubbish .

Probably have to chase 300 plus and the Poms have their  noses in front.....need Clarke or another top order batter to get a century....

I used to think Ian Bell was a dud when Warnie had him covered but credit to the little bloke he has a fine test record and a very tight technique.

re: Haddin.....owes us a good innings...been average with the gloves and his judgement on appeals to have them reviewed has been ordinary.

Its not over but that wicket is cracking up bigtime and I think it will very hard work batting last....losing the toss may hurt us more than the Broad wicket IMO.

Haddin isn't moving that great. He was a only ever a competent 'keeper but I fear he needs a BIG look at the ball he wants to take, doesn't take the late ones.

Unfortunately I reckon the selectors will stick with him too long because they brought him back.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #107
That  Broad  decision was the worst I've ever seen.  Both the umpire and player should hang their head in disgrace.  I can understand waiting for the umpire's decision for a fine knick, as you get good one's and  bad one's, but for a cross bat, hard thick edge to slip? All you're seen as is a cheat in the public's eyes for  something obvious and the umpire is seen as purely incompetent to the point of being stupid. Alam Dar is a good umpire but he'll see that as one of the worst moments for his umpring career.

That decision could cost the Test Match.

Reply #108
I think it deflected off Haddin to Clarke? I've watched it a few times, can't quite tell. That might make it look worse.

Cos not walking when you edge a ball directly to slip is a disgrace. Outside the boundaries of playing the game hard. Similar to claiming a catch that has bounced. It's cheating.

Appalling decision regardless.

Reply #109
Australian cricket team = Carlton football team.

Inconsistent, prone to inexplicable lapses, build you up only to lose the plot, get beat up by arch enemies that were formerly softc0ckian.

Well I guess we could still win this one but I fear my original post will carry the day.

Broad and Swann are both jerks. Couldn't believe the way Swann turned and gave it to the Aussie crowd after catching Agar. The no. 11 had just belted you all over the park you moron.  Have to say though, that, coupled with Broad's refusal to walk, shows they've got the mongrel in them that we (Aussies and Carlton) used to have.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #110
I only just saw the Broad non-dismissal on the news service moments ago .............. absolute howler !!!   >:(

Regards Haddin, for a wicketkeeper he makes a good batsman. just play him in the short forms of the game, leave the Test match arena for someone who can handle the gloves.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #111
Both the umpire and player should hang their head in disgrace.

Amen, Broad should be universally condemned...... as others have said it was NOT a close call or remotely iffy whether he hit the ball.

Everyone at the ground knew he hit it bar the daft umpire..... makes a mockery of the whole third umpire system.

Cheats never prosper. we'll win the Series now.

Would love to see Bird in the 11.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #112
Oh, Haddin is shot as a keeper.

Bad bad mistake not playing Paine (or maybe even Wade).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #113
Just turned over from the footy and we are having a crack at it, 0-51 at the moment.

Would be sensational to get up and pinch this Test, the Poms would be filthy if we did.

Reply #114
Just turned over from the footy and we are having a crack at it, 0-51 at the moment.

Would be sensational to get up and pinch this Test, the Poms would be filthy if we did.

This what I want to see..no more sooking over Broad just get on with it and play some tough cricket ourselves.....we can win this match and England are not as good as they think they are and we can have the last laugh in this match...

Reply #115
All we have to do is keep Swann out as he is the real danger on this pitch, at present, he's frustrated as all buggery at present and lets out a big "oooohhh" or "aaaaaahhh" every ball.

0-76 and looking good, keep batting like Bell & Broad did yesterday, play the percentages.

Reply #116
Doing it easy at the moment, we just need to keep building inning's and partnerships all along the way and we're home !! :-D
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #117
Doing it easy at the moment, we just need to keep building inning's and partnerships all along the way and we're home !! :-D

If we lose a wicket amers I'm coming for you. :)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #118

If these two can put on another 27, we will be at 111 (nelson) and 200 off the win. Even if the Poms get a breakthrough by then, still 9 wickets in hand with Clarke, Cowan & Haddin owing us 30-40 each due to their failures in the first dig.

Reply #119
Watson gone for 46, LBW and he took a review as well the idiot !! I thought he must of got an inside edge by the way he went straight for it but Hotspot showed nothing.